Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

I wish all of the ones getting sleeved today' date=' good luck and God speed! Here's to a healthy and speedy recovery after successful surgeries!

For those of us up tomorrow...T minus 24 hours and counting (or earlier..I had to start the countdown somewhere!)

Sunshine25

DadTo2

Littlebits

Zoobdude

Lehg520

Katrina81

Eric[/quote']

Prayers and positive thoughts for all today and tomorrow! Can't wait to hear from you all!

Prayers for all the 18th sleevers!

Sunshine25

DadTo2

Littlebits

Zoobdude

Lehg520

Katrina81

Check in when you can!

Prayers to all the June 18, 2012 Sleevers!

ChrissyDeex3

VeronicaH

Pteri -- Dr. Srinivasan at Emory

innerme

Naturals --

mommieof3

Kymwalla

Went for my first appointment after surgery ( my sleeve was on 6/12). According to their scales I've lost 14lbs since surgery, according to my scales 17lbs lost :) I also had my drained removed, that felt weird!!! I'm feeling pretty good but I get tired easy. I'm getting about 45-50 oz of Fluid in, mostly Water. I'm not even sure about the amount of Protein I'm getting, I'm not keeping track. I hope everyone is doing ok!!!

Wolfgirl, Great job on the weight loss and the Fluid intake!

If I can offer one word of advice, you might want to keep track of your Protein intake. You really want to make sure you're taking in enough.

Eric

Very good job Wolf. I started back using the myfitnesspal.com again,

Sad but true this is my typical day 2 weeks out:

The day before I only got in 14 grams of Protein. Oh how I used to love Protein shakes and that love has turned to loathe lol ;)

calories 194, Carbs 19, fat 4, Protein 22, sodium 388 potassium 530

ps I get in 64 ounces of Water no problem.

Wolfgirl' date=' Great job on the weight loss and the Fluid intake!

If I can offer one word of advice, you might want to keep track of your Protein intake. You really want to make sure you're taking in enough.

Eric[/quote']

Yes, you are right. Ive been feeling light headed today and I think that's why. I will definitely have to make a better effort. The Protein I'm getting is from a shake and it fills me up fast, that's why I haven't been as diligent about protein intake. Not a good excuse, but that's what's going on unfortunately.

Wolf, I just called the nurses today because I really am struggling with the Protein shakes at 2 weeks. I am more tired today than I have been in a while.

She told me not to worry so much about my Protein, get my Water in first and foremost - get as much protein in as I can. She said you will not become protein deficient in such a short time span (2 weeks). It took me from 8 - 11:50 to get in 8 ounces of muscle milk light which is only 11 grams of protein. Each sip of my med cup made me want to gag.

I learned one thing, no more blending in the magic bullet. That whips way much too air in my shake which bloats me up even more.

Unfortunately, my surgeon's office believes in 4 weeks of full liquids before pureed. So we're looking at ways to get in more protein without the flavors of shakes (which I used to LOVE!!!) I will try adding unflavored to Soups to see if that helps.

I went back to myfitnesspal.com. I found a way to change the targets ranges (hahaha after almost 8 months now). I set it to 600 calories and of course I'm averaging 200 or less a day. She said that is fine. She is allowing me to add 1% cottage cheese to my day as long as I smash it down well and chew very well.

Very good job Wolf. I started back using the myfitnesspal.com again' date='

Sad but true this is my typical day 2 weeks out:

The day before I only got in 14 grams of Protein. Oh how I used to love Protein shakes and that love has turned to loathe lol ;)

calories 194, Carbs 19, fat 4, protein 22, sodium 388 potassium 530

ps I get in 64 ounces of Water no problem.[/quote']

Your story sounds just like mine at 13 days out today. Protein sucks right now!

Wolf' date=' I just called the nurses today because I really am struggling with the Protein shakes at 2 weeks. I am more tired today than I have been in a while.

She told me not to worry so much about my Protein, get my Water in first and foremost - get as much protein in as I can. She said you will not become protein deficient in such a short time span (2 weeks). It took me from 8 - 11:50 to get in 8 ounces of muscle milk light which is only 11 grams of protein. Each sip of my med cup made me want to gag.

I learned one thing, no more blending in the magic bullet. That whips way much too air in my shake which bloats me up even more.

Unfortunately, my surgeon's office believes in 4 weeks of full liquids before pureed. So we're looking at ways to get in more protein without the flavors of shakes (which I used to LOVE!!!) I will try adding unflavored to Soups to see if that helps.

I went back to myfitnesspal.com. I found a way to change the targets ranges (hahaha after almost 8 months now). I set it to 600 calories and of course I'm averaging 200 or less a day. She said that is fine. She is allowing me to add 1% cottage cheese to my day as long as I smash it down well and chew very well.[/quote']

Thanks, that's all good to know!! My dr's office didn't seemed to concerned about protein intake today either, just fluids. I wish there could be protein drops for my water! ( or is there?) lol. I need to check to see if my SF popsicles have any protein, lol

I'm hoping I don't have to work so hard getting fluids in later down the road. I was a big Water drinker prior to surgery, and this sip,sip,sip is wearing on me. My doc said it would get better once the swelling goes down more. Right now my diet consist of water, Protein Drink, SF Popsicles, and broth. I tried some sugar free pudding yesterday ( that was 1st day it was allowed) it didn't set right with me.

I downloaded myfitnesspal, just haven't set it up yet.

God bless you being sleeved today! Here's to happy healing!!! I will be sleeved June 27 - Dr. Kelly, Mexico.

Check in tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Eleven hours away. Yep. it's real.

Oh Dad, I'm so happy for you. We'll be praying for a safe surgery and speedy recovery. Let us know how you are when you can.

G.

Check in tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Eleven hours away. Yep. it's real.

Good luck tomorrow. Prayers.

Good luck to the following June Sleevers tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all. Dadto2, a quick shout out to you as you have been such a big supporter each day of June rooting everyone on. Enjoyed your blog today ;)

June 19, 2012

Sunshine25 -- DFW area

DadTo2 -- Dr. Nicholson, Dallas, TX

Littlebits

Zoobdude -- Dr. Almanza

Lehg520 - Dr. Kristin Noonan

Katrina81

Katelynrose (new one added I noticed on the board)