Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

Hey Y'all! Had surgery on Monday and I am so BLESSED!!! My doc was able to do my revision as well!! WhooHoo!!! I don't have to go back in August to get sleeved!!!!

He said everything went really well, if long. I went in about 10:30 and made the recovery room (which I have no memory of!) about 1/1:15-ish. I did bleed enough for him to mention it but nothing overtly worrying. He was a little surprised was all. Said I had very little scar tissue so doing the revision was a no-brainer for him and he was happy to do it.

Monday night was a little rough. I went too long between pain med doses and got in to a little too much pain/uncomfortablness with it. My BP spiked up to 168/115 and to say my nurse wasn't happy is an understatement. When she checked me again 2 hrs later, after the pain meds had kicked in, I was back in a good place again.

Tuesday was good, drank my 2 oz of shake for Breakfast and again for lunch. Then they went ahead and gave me more at dinner since it was taking so long for the pharmacy to process my Rxs to go home. Didn't finish it b/c my wheelchair arrived and it was time to go home!

Long trip home. An hour. In a 4x4 on big tires and cruddy mtn roads. Took more pain meds and went to bed! Slept well. Had some nausea this morning and dry-heaved for a bit. Called in and got an Rx for nausea. Hubby went and got that for me and I've been fine since.

Getting ready to head to bed in a bit. My kindergartener has "graduation" in the morning and I think I'll be up for it! Very happy about that! I'll be doped up but I'll be there!!! :D

So that's it in a nutshell. So glad to be on the other side of it all.

Best wishes to all who are following!!!!

prayers and good thoughts for all having surgery today!

continued prayers for those that have already had surgery and are resting and recouperating!

Prayers and well wishes to all having surgery today!

June 7, 2012

Giselle3264 -- Dr. David Kim, Dallas

LULU TAT

justsleeveme23 -- Dr. Minkin, St. Louis

Lovingmeforever -- Dr. Almanza

butterflylegacy -- Dr. David Kim

MsYoYo -- Fl.

Alp50 -- Dr. Kelly

Debbiesclipper

Bigzoe32

TCBunny - Atlanta GA

Jennifer SoFla

Good luck today June 7th sleevers !!!

[quote name=McSleevy :)' timestamp='1339009388' post='365907]

That is wild! My best friend lives in Cypress and is school teacher in Cy-Fair. My husband and I just moved to Dickinson a year ago to be closer to family and our church. So is your surgeon in the Houston area? What hospital is your surgery going to be at? My doctor is Dr. Shernan Yu at TLC, (their commercials air all the time)... Lol So what is your PRE-OP diet?

Yes, my surgeon is Dr. Todd Worley. He is at Methodist Willowbrook. He has so far been the best decision. Hopefully, I'm still staying the same thing post-op! I have a one week liquid diet pre-op. I'm soooo not looking forward to it, because I'll still be going to work. I've warned my co-workers, that who ever tries to tease me with food that week will be who I stand next too if I get queasy sick after surgery. That seemed to quiet them. LOL

We for sure should stay in touch!! :)

I'm June 27th as well. I'm right there with you with the nerves creeping in. Can't wait to hear from you and McSleevy that we all made it through successfully. I'm going to add you both to my friends list so we can keep in contact. Sent from my iPad using VST

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the nerves. I've seen a lot of people who only mention the excitment and the "I can't wait." But, what about the nervous part? LOL

Prayers and well wishes to all having surgery today!

June 7, 2012

Giselle3264 -- Dr. David Kim, Dallas

LULU TAT

justsleeveme23 -- Dr. Minkin, St. Louis

Lovingmeforever -- Dr. Almanza

butterflylegacy -- Dr. David Kim

MsYoYo -- Fl.

Alp50 -- Dr. Kelly

Debbiesclipper

Bigzoe32

TCBunny - Atlanta GA

Jennifer SoFla

Robin, thanks for listing those in surgery today! To all of you moving into your permanent new life, Well wishes and prayers! looking forward to hearing from you on your successes!

For those going in tomorrow:

Mari6257

Cristal602

Jenz531

Crystalaine

TinaP

Moms3boys

Good luck and can't wait to hear from you soon! Prayers and well wishes heading your way!

Eric

I am June 13 with dr Patterson in Portland oregon

I just had surgery on Monday with her and she is great. Your in good hands.

if any of you want to join our Facebook "super secret" page, just friend me and I will add you to the group....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/robin.c.benson

I am June 13 with dr Patterson in Portland oregon

got ya added! If you want to join our fb group, you can friend me and i'll add ya...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/robin.c.benson

if any of you want to join our Facebook "super secret" page, just friend me and I will add you to the group....

https://www.facebook.../robin.c.benson

Hi Robin - I sent you a friend request. I would love to be in your super secret FB group! LOL!

Oh June sleevers! I've had possibly the worse possible thing happen. The anesthesiologist could easily get me intimated. After multiple tries he succeeded but then administered steroids to reduce the swelling. This is unacceptable for this type of surgery so my procedure was cancelled. When I woke u they told me and I burst into tears. I'm now trying to either reschedule with my surgeon here, reschedule where he prefers to go and have the insurance pick up my 20%. Please pray for me. I feel like my whole world is shattered.

G.

Oh June sleevers! I've had possibly the worse possible thing happen. The anesthesiologist could easily get me intimated. After multiple tries he succeeded but then administered steroids to reduce the swelling. This is unacceptable for this type of surgery so my procedure was cancelled. When I woke u they told me and I burst into tears. I'm now trying to either reschedule with my surgeon here' date=' reschedule where he prefers to go and have the insurance pick up my 20%. Please pray for me. I feel like my whole world is shattered.

G.[/quote']

Giselle,

I'm so sorry that that happened to you and that you're dissapointed. It would definately deflate my happy balloon. I am extremely glad to hear that you are safe and that they stopped when they did. Above all, your safety comes first! You have many people here thinking of you! Think positive and I'll do the same!!! Keep us posted.

~Jane

Oh June sleevers! I've had possibly the worse possible thing happen. The anesthesiologist could easily get me intimated. After multiple tries he succeeded but then administered steroids to reduce the swelling. This is unacceptable for this type of surgery so my procedure was cancelled. When I woke u they told me and I burst into tears. I'm now trying to either reschedule with my surgeon here, reschedule where he prefers to go and have the insurance pick up my 20%. Please pray for me. I feel like my whole world is shattered.

G.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I am glad, for your safety, that they stopped the surgery. It could have been catastrophic. I am praying that you get another date soon. Keep us posted.