Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

Good luck June 5thers! See ya on the other side...

Sent from my iPad using VST

June 5, 2012

shereebarb

Chichis77

Bubblesbgood -- Dr. Michael Nusbaum

Kstalvey -- Dr. Nick Nicholson from Plano

Miss scarlet

Back­­~To~Amy -- Dr. Nick Nicholson from Plano

ShannonK

Aznoel -- Dr. Stephen Burpee

New_Hope -- Dr. Stowers, Decatur, Tx.

txdee -- Dr. Nick Nicholson

Amom2twins -- Dr. Aviv Ben-meir

raindrop

Erica E

Cat Scratch Fever

Redbottoms82

IlyssaDel

newnin - Abington, PA Dr. Fernando Bonanni

prayers and positive thoughts for all having surgery today!

Thanks!

For all the sleevers going in for the start of their new life today, we're thinking of you! Prayers for all!

For those heading into that new horizon tomorrow:

Sunshine08

Kmaskery

SylviaMom

MadisonPA

kfitch

Soon2bhotmama

Pooh

Our prayers and thoughts go with all of you! Good luck to all of you and be sure to tell us how your are doing as soon as you are able!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Eric

At the airport on my way there's no turning back now..this is tummy Tuesday ...lol...keeping everyone in my prayers safe traveling for Surgery to go great with a fast speedy recovery ..

Prayers and positive thoughts for your travels and surgery!

Ok...here's our sleevers for tomorrow! Prayers and well wishes for you all! Come back and check in as soon as you're able to!

June 6, 2012

Sunshine08 -- Atlanta, GA

Kmaskery

SylviaMom -- Dr. Aceves – lap to sleeve

MadisonPA

kfitch

Soon2bhotmama -- Dr. Ryan Heider

Pooh

Krystina

kiki green

Good luck and speedy recovery to all of you!!!!

Good luck to all June 6th sleevers!

I had surgery yesterday and posted a new thread to update y'all. Here it is:

So here is my description of the events for today that I posted on my blog. I know a couple of people who are using Dr' date=' Nick so I put his name and which of the two hospitals I had surgery at so people using him can get more details. It is also for others as well but as we all know, surgeons vary.

Well, there's no turning back now. I had surgery at 6:00 am today so I'm officialy on the losers bench. Well, actually I'm on the losers bed.

For anyone who is a patient of Dr. Nick Nicholson at Forest Park Medical Center, this may be most helpful to you:

I got to the hospital at 4:00 this morning. At first it was a lot of hurry up and weight. I got my ID band between the 4:00 and 5:00 hour. Around 5:00 am I went back to the holding area where I got changed on ONLY a hospital gown and where I got my IV. The first attempt was a failure. She got it in but it just did'nt do. Oh, and they used Lidocaine to numb the area. Lidocaine stings a bit, but it makes the IV going in a lot smoother from my perspective. I barely felt anything. I would call what I felt, pressure not pain. Now, all I had to do was meet with the Anesthesiologist and my doctor. Oh, and his surgery nurse. She popped in and identified herself before Dr. Nick and the anesthesiologist. Shortly thereafter I saw Dr. Nick and the anesthesiologist. Things went quickly after that. Within minutes of the anesthesiologist leaving my room she came back with Verced....the drug that relaxes you and there and then I was off. I remember going into the operating room and getting on the OR table. Next thing I know, I woke up in recovery. I have no idea how long I was in surgery or recovery. I told my Mom who was with me to ask Dr. Nick about my liver. He told her it looked awesome and he could tell I did a good job on the preop diet. Hallelujah!!

Okay, this is where I describe everything so far after surgey. If you only want the "pretty roses" story, I'd suggest you stop reding now. So I woke up in Recovery. I have no idea how long the surgery lasted or how long I'd been in Recovery. I didn't wake up with a catheter or a drain. Yay! I woke up with cotton mouth, and a pain ball inserted at the site of the large opening. Mostly though I woke up with INTENSE pain. At that point, I wondered what in the heck I had done to myself I truly wished, at that point, that I could rewind time knowing the pain so that I wouldn't put myself through that I know I sound like a whinny baby but I really am not. I've been told by other doctors that I have a high tolerance for pain. But not today! I think it was more physical pain then I've ever felt in my entire life. They just couldnt give me enough pain meds this morning but, after what felt like an eternity, I was able to get enough to calm the pain down enough for me to tolerate it. Thank goodness for the Morphine pain pump. It doesnt completly kill the pain but, it makes it manageable.

So that pretty much sums up surgery day for me. I think that is all for now. Pleas excuse any spelling, grammar errors or any part of this that may not make sense. I am on Morphine ya know.[/quote']

After that post, I found out that I FP have a small drain.

~Amy

My surgeons office called yesterday, my date has been moved up to June 12 from the 14th

For all the June Sleevers who have had your life changing surgery so far I hope you are doing well and am looking forward to your continued reports of amazing success!

Up next: June 7!

Giselle3264

LULU TAT

justsleeveme23

Lovingmeforever

butterflylegacy

MsYoYo

Alp50

Debbiesclipper

Good luck to each and everyone of you! Our thoughts and prayers go with you as you prepare for tomorrow's surgery!

Let us know how things are going when you can.

Eric

Hello All! I wants to say that I was sleeved on June 4th by Dr. George Kerlakian in Cincinnati. So far the experience has been better than expected. The nurses are wonderful, and I have zero complaints about my healing. I did ask for a binder, which has made a massive difference in how I feel. I am up, walking, and barely taking the pain medication. I am grateful that my experience has been wonderful so far, and I pray it continues. Good luck to all those being sleeved soon!

Back~To~Amy - thanks for the update - I am glad you're doing somewhat ok!! I know after my first surgery I'd felt like I'd been ran over by a truck. Not so much pain for me but more just....well, ran-over-by-truck-ness. Hang in there- you will start to feel better!

I hope we get some more post-op people checking in to hear how they're doing!

June 6th'ers ya'll are in my prayers!! :)

~Amy thanks so much for taking the time to update us! I know it's going to get a little better every hour so just hang in there. Dr. Nick did a friend of mine three weeks ago. I had ice tea with her last Friday and she's doing GREAT. She emailed me yesterday that she starts mushy food today. So in a short time you'll be on your way! Congrats.

G.