Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What To Take For Period

Im having really bad cramps as usual. Before my surgery I would usually take Excedrin extra strength and now im stuck with Tylenol which doesn't do a thing. Is there anything else I can take to help(im not allowed nsaids)

Of course talk to your doctor, but my doctor told me it is okay to take some Midol and some of the Excedrins as long as it doesn't have ibuprofen in it

My doc said no NSAIDS too. So, I don't know. Just read the bottle is all I can say.

Not all Midol products have NSAIDs. Search something like NSAID and ibuprofen and you should be able to find a post I made a few weeks ago listing out the Modil products and which have NSAIDs.

It doesn't make much sense that so many doctors rule out NSAIDs, other than uber uber caution. It's a fairly new development (putting them on a no-no list). Perhaps call and see if you can take them in liquid form. You can get an Rx, or just base it for yourself from a bottle of children's (elixir) ibuprofen.

My doc actually said I can take Advil (ibuprofen) once a month for menstrual pain.....she said as long as I am not taking it every day that once in a while is fine as long as I am not suffering with any acid reflux. I totally trust my Dr. she is the best, but that being said you must follow your own docs instructions I guess!

I think taking advil once a month for cramps shouldnt be a problem. I just believe they are being super cautious and telling us not to take it. Call the doc anyway and ask, better to be safe than sorry!

I don't have any restriction on what I can take. I would call your surgeon and ask him for a prescription for a non-NSAID.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks guys. I ended up sleeping it off and taking 3 Tylenol + heating pad. Im gunna ask when i see my dr. June 4th. Sometimes I hate being a woman.

I don't have periods, but liquid Tylenol works much better for my knee pain than regular Tylenol

Ugh, just started today, had that feeling when I woke up, but I am so thankful it's this week and not last! The only other type of pain meds that I am allowed to take is liquid Tylenol right now, but I am taking 1/2 a dose of my pain meds from surgery in the AM/PM so right now that it working. Hopefully I won't have too much cramping and if I do the Tylenol will work!

Usually soaking in a hot bath helps me more than any thing but I can't do that yet, so heating pad is my friend