Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving In May! Yeah!

So, I've been pretty bombed out lately... a plethora of issues, problems, challenges... you name it!! But, I was just sitting here thinking how grateful I am to be in the midst of a great, life changing, amazing experience!!! It's one that will actually lead me to knowing myself more and more!!! I mean, I can actually walk around for HOURS!!! I stand on my feet as a karaoke DJ for 4 hours each wednesday, walking around greeting customers, checking equipment, etc.. and still get up 4 hours later to teach 5 classes... on my feet!!!!

I'm so grateful to have my life back and to have great aspirations for summer vacation that aren't marred by fears of not fitting in plane seats and being near a heart attack while walking through the outlet malls in DMV.... I mean.. WOW!!!

Regardless of the challenge you are having right now, the fear that you won't ever get this right or the dread that the weight is coming back (it's not)... take a minute and think.....

• What can you do now that you couldn't do before surgery??
  • What goals can you see yourself achieving that seemed impossible before you decided on the sleeve?
  • Are you worth getting over the mistakes of yesterday or today and taking advantage of the brand new moment, day and opportunity that is presenting itself right now?
  • Have you taken the time to applaud yourself for taking this leap of faith and awesome journey?? If not, do it NOW!!!
  • Finally, have you taken the time to enjoy your journey, moment by moment?? The good, bad, tears, laughter... these things make it real, worth it and an incredible story to share with those who are on the fence, those who will never have the courage to do it and those who are struggling just a little...

Remember, it's a journey, not a race... It's your journey and not a competition!!!!

Love and hugs Fam!!

Tina

Well said, favoredone. I am just a little over a month out from my surgery, and the difference is unbelievable. Here's to many more accomplishments in the future!

You have a gift for motivational posts! I can only imagine how much your students love you!!! :) Thanks for the reminder that we're all here by the grace of God!

Remember, it's a journey, not a race... It's your journey and not a competition!!!!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO TRUE!

Attitude of gratitude is always what the doctor orders :)

Awsome and so true. Thanks for the reminder.

Thank you

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

You really are a great motivator!! I wake up every morning thinking I can't believe I'm finally on the road to getting healthy. And I'm not wondering when I'm going to fail. It's an awesome feeling!!