Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the encouragement peeps!!! Ugh this is so crazy I never wouldve thought i'd be here! Sometimes I get so frustrated I just DON'T eat! I haven't bought a scale though because I don't want to become obsessed! And now I find myself taking TINY bites of things I can't have! Like a little slice of a pickle... Little things I miss eating!!!! Lord help meeee

You are ok. I was licking a popcorn because i could not eat some. Have tried a Pickle Juice snow cone pr pickle juice ice pop. Both of those will hrlp with Water. Popcycles. Keep your chin up

You are ok. I was licking a popcorn because i could not eat some. Have tried a Pickle Juice snow cone pr pickle juice ice pop. Both of those will hrlp with Water. Popcycles. Keep your chin up

lol Pickle juice snow cone. That's one I hadn't heard. I am literally rotflmao

lol Pickle juice snow cone. That's one I hadn't heard. I am literally rotflmao

Yes iran a swimming pool and had snow cones and that is what the kids wanted lol

I got my sleeve done on the 21st and I am completely miserable. I can't live on just cremed Soup and ice pops. I'm only 22 and I want to go out with my friends and be able to go out to eat and drink. I feel like this was the worst mistake I ever made and I don't know what to do. I am just so miserable I keep blowing up at everyone and I'm hungry all the time. I can't tolerate the Protein and it takes me all day to even finish one scoop of it. Anyone have anything that could help me?

HI EVERYBODY. I NEED HELP WITH MY STICKER, IS NOT SHOWING MY LOST. :unsure::angry::D

HI EVERYBODY. I NEED HELP WITH MY STICKER, IS NOT SHOWING MY LOST. :unsure::angry::D

hi there,

i have surgery same date as you but in NJ.. How you doing so far???

I got my sleeve done on the 21st and I am completely miserable. I can't live on just cremed Soup and ice pops. I'm only 22 and I want to go out with my friends and be able to go out to eat and drink. I feel like this was the worst mistake I ever made and I don't know what to do. I am just so miserable I keep blowing up at everyone and I'm hungry all the time. I can't tolerate the Protein and it takes me all day to even finish one scoop of it. Anyone have anything that could help me?

You can do ANYTHING for a short period of time. Hang in there. At the four-month mark, you will be able eat anything you want -- just not very much of it. For right now, try some refried Beans and the Lipton chicken soup in a box that you make with boiling Water. The worst part is the part you are going through right now. You can still go out with your friends and have fun. Order a brothy soup. You don't need to eat to have fun. Order water with lime instead of an alcholic drink. As to the protein, try nectar by Syntrax. I like the caribbean cooler flavor. You can mix it in 4 ounces of water and get 24 grams of protein in that very small amount. You can get it on-line. It tastes kind of like a pina colada. I also like the vanilla Bean flavor. Put it in a cup, add 3 tsp sugar free hazelnut coffee mate (the liquid, found in the dairy section with a green top), mix it up, then add 4 ounces of hot Decaf coffee. Good way to get your protein in the morning with your coffee. If you don't eat enough protein (50 grams per day) you will start losing your hair about three months out. To stop the nausea, be sure you take in some carbs. If you eat only protein, you will put your body into a state of ketosis and a byproduct of that is nausea. Eat some applesauce or baby food fruit or yogurt, but get some carbs down, and that will help with the nausea.

I was sleeved on the 25th and two days ago, I too was miserable and questioned my decision. I was having a hard time getting my Protein Shakes down and even Water tasted weird. I finally decided to try some cottage cheese just to get something in my system. I only ate a few bites and mushed it up really good. Let me tell you, I felt so much better. Yesterday I decided to try making my Protein shakes with water and ice instead of milk and fruit (they were too sickly sweet). It was so much better. I used one scoop of my vanilla Protein Powder, 1/2 cup water plus a cup of ice, and a little bit of vanilla. It tastes like snow cream. Not too sweet. Tomorrow I am going to try a chocolate one. Good luck to you! Thoughts and prayers go out to us all!

Js123:::

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you!!! I'm 21... And I'm regretting it -___- I'm so bored

Of eating the same things so I find myself cheating all the time, already. I'm eating things I shouldn't be until week 8... And I'm freaking out I feel I've already stretched my pouch and I'm never going to loose weight. My friends go out to eat a lot and it's miserable. I find myself going crazy now feeling like I have to burn off every calorie I eat. I stay in the gym and trying not to eat bc I'm so scared to gain weight. I've already lost 27lbs and I try to stay on the menu of what they've said to eat... But it's SOOO hard. Wow! I'm going crazy...

Oh and now I don't feel as full as fast as i did the first couple of days... So that's what leads me to think I've stretched my stomach!!!!! This is miserable

And now I'm freakin out reading these posts that say I will loose my hair in 3 month... I try to drink my Protein Shakes and I literally stuff my stomach until I cannot breathe... But I def don't get in 50 grams! Why did I do this to myself

And now I'm freakin out reading these posts that say I will loose my hair in 3 month... I try to drink my Protein shakes and I literally stuff my stomach until I cannot breathe... But I def don't get in 50 grams! Why did I do this to myself

Not everyone loses hair. i never did.

Couple things. The first few days after surgery you're stomach is very swollen & irritated so it will fill up faster. Secondly your body can only process between 20-27 grams in one sitting (ladies are typically closer to the 20g) so eating 50 grams in a sitting is absolutely useless. I understand this is not easy, I've cheated a bit myself, but the big sacrifice is short lived. A little momentary satisfaction will never bring you true happiness.

"Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now"