Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Hating My Family Right Now :-(

I had some melted cheese off the top and got so sick and grossed out I don't even crave pizza anymore. fixed me lol

Check out the recipes section for pizza alternatives. Like cauliflower crust pizza. :)

This is something that I have worried about because while I may be on a diet, my 3 year old is not and I can't tell him to fend for himself. I am going to have to be in the kitchen cooking for him. Surrounded by food. Ugh.

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case' date=' then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE![/quote']

Of course you're gonna desire food after surgery... But with that being said, it's mostly the "memory" of this food. My family as well ate pizza today. It smelled good, looked good, and I'm sure it tastes good. I didn't have a lick, a bite, anything. I now can say I don't think it would be as satisfying as it used to be. We all work hard at this. It's not easy. Please don't think it is. Not a get out of jail free card. It's work at first. But once you get it the groove it's "normal". The sleeve helps you make the right choices. Think before you eat. For that I'm sure we're all thankful

What foods can you have 5 days post op? I was allowed mushies by then. I've posted a recipe for crustless pizza - you can just adjust the toppings to something mushy friendly (cheeses, really). The "crust" is a quiche derivative. I picked this up years ago on Atkins and whenever I'd make it the people who tasted it preferred it to standard pizza. My whole family loves it (DH requests it).

Here I am 5 weeks out and for about 2 1/2 weeks I have been HUNGRY!!! Trying to get over the disappointment of that. Every 2 hours I get so hungry I can't believe it! I don't really have cravings (thank God). I can eat a few bites of pretty much whatever I want and have never felt sick at all. That freaks me out because I am so paranoid that I will stretch my stomach out or something!

It's ok Momsie... Hunger is ok. First we're losing weight so fast it's releasing hormones and new, one of those his ghrelin or whatever lol. It's stored in our fat. Plus I'm also 5 weeks out. I'm only on Clear Liquids (appointment tomorrow. New food here I come lol) I luckily don't really get hungry that much. I only eat 3 times a day right now including my shake... Yes only one. It alone takes almost 2 hours to drink. I drink A LOT. Sometimes when I'm hungry I take a few swallows of Water and it subsides. It will ease up.

Doubled post... Oops. And also meant to say full liquids lol

Last week I made a lasagna dinner and caesar sald for my family to Celebrate my sons 30th birthday. I had an idea from eggface to make a ricotta bake on the side for myself using a little ramekin, I put 1/4 c meat sauce on the bottom and a nice dollop of ricotta (mixed with egg and parm) then more sauce, then a nice shake of grated parm and topped with 1T motzarella and let that bake until bubbly and brown just like we love our lasagna. I could only eat 1/2 of the 1 cup ramekin with my itty bitty caesar salad with lite dressing but it was so good and I had leftovers!

Last week I made a lasagna dinner and caesar sald for my family to Celebrate my sons 30th birthday. I had an idea from eggface to make a ricotta bake on the side for myself using a little ramekin, I put 1/4 c meat sauce on the bottom and a nice dollop of ricotta (mixed with egg and parm) then more sauce, then a nice shake of grated parm and topped with 1T motzarella and let that bake until bubbly and brown just like we love our lasagna. I could only eat 1/2 of the 1 cup ramekin with my itty bitty caesar salad with lite dressing but it was so good and I had leftovers!

I made this a couple nights ago..... and loved it!!! I'm still on mushies so I just used a marinara sauce and couldn't have salad, but yum yum..... it was so tasty!

You are going to want things you shouldn't eat. To me though, it doesn't make me miserable to know I can't have them since I know it will hurt me.

Im two weeks out today and this is not a quick fix! I'm not physically hungry but I am head hungry. All though physically I can't eat but a small amount I have to choose those few bites very carefully. Everyday is still a choice. Do I eat my tuna salad or do I eat a piece of chocolate cake? So far so good. You still have to have the will power and the surgery helps with the amount you eat but not what you eat.

It's all mind over matter and your choice to live healthy. So suck on your ice chips and pretend it's pizza. My hubby loves pizza but I don't eat it so when he buys it I go in the other room or I may smell it and pretend to eat it. Hang in there it will get easier just remember that slim figure and donating those clothes you currently wear.

Does your family have a problem with your surgery? It's seems odd to me that you're 5 days post-op and recovering and your family is pulling a stunt like that. To me, that is pretty cruel. You're still recovering from surgery and should be getting help, not hinderence, from your family. That makes me sad.

This is something that I have worried about because while I may be on a diet, my 3 year old is not and I can't tell him to fend for himself. I am going to have to be in the kitchen cooking for him. Surrounded by food. Ugh.

I understand IADM. I have teenage kids at home who have grown up on, and grown to love, dad's cooking. Fortunately for them, they have very high metabolisms and exercise all the time. Unfortunately it didn't work that way for dad, and dad had surgery, so now we're at a quandry. They want the foods I always make and they love, like spaghetti and meatballs, baked Beans and hot dogs, Chinese food, tacos, and a whole host of other foods that if I keep on typing will drive me over the edge. I can't say that I *crave* them, and usually I can distract myself and make the hunger go away. I know very bad things will happen if I even attempt to eat that stuff at this point.

Keep your spirits up, though, it'll get better. :)

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case, then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE!

Mostly I am not that hungry unless I work out super hard (mountain hiking, etc.). Even then I can only eat a few ounces of food.

I still have the head hunger, but I replace bad food choices with healthy ones. The aim is to eat Protein first always. After that there is not much room for anything else.