Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Hating My Family Right Now :-(

I am 5 days post op and my family came home with Little Cesar's pizza. And crazy bread!!!! My faves. :-( I am actually angry with them.... I WANT some!!!!! But then I feel bad. This is a choice I have made, not them. And someday I will be able to have a piece. I guess I just wish they were on this liquid diet with me. :-(

My husband brought home pizza last night. It smelled good, but really can't say I wanted any..... I was shocked!!!

Hang in there...... you can do this :)

A bit insensitive on their part. At this time anyway. Should they have to not eat delicious things in fri t of you forever? No. But at 5 days out I'd be wanting to scratch their eyes out. Lolol

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case, then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE!

I haven't been hungry really. I do have to remind myself to eat throughout the day. That pizza looked ah-mazing though and was the first thing that has even smelled good since surgery. I literally felt like I could be happy with 2 bites!!

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case, then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE!

The part of the stomach that is removed is where the majority of the hormone ghrelin (sp??) "the hungry hormone" is produced. Therefore, most people do not feel real hunger after surgery (sometimes not immediately, but eventually). I know quite a few people who have had this surgery 6 months or more ago and say they have to remind themselves to eat in order to fuel their body, but they are not actually hungry as before surgery.

I just had my surgery on Monday, 5/14, and am still on Clear liquids. I sip throughout the day to get all the fluids and Protein in that I am supposed to. I do not feel hungry. My family has food and I do not have any desire for it like I did before surgery. I believe part of this is due to the healing process at this point because I've read it takes some time for the hungry hormone to leave the body, but I'm really not sure.

Many people still deal with "head hunger" which is the craving and hungry feeling that is not true hunger simply because many of us have had a food addiction before surgery and the surgery does not fix our heads, it fixes our Portion Control. Therefore, you still need therapy or other ways to deal with that underlying addiction in order to completely tackle the food addiction. That is different than true hunger though.

I literally felt like I could be happy with 2 bites!!

Except at this point, your stomach would probably revolt with those two bites!

When I was on my 2-week pre-op diet, my husband bought DiGiorno pizzas to make one night. I got upset and ended up going upstairs with my Protein shake and staying away from everyone so I didn't see it or smell it much!

So far after surgery, I haven't wanted anything they've had. My husband drove me somewhere the other day and asked if I cared if he got food on the way home. He stopped at McDonald's & I wasn't even tempted at all. Today, he made a pot roast, which has been our Sunday meal for a long time because it's easy to cook in the crock pot while we're at church. We don't have it every Sunday, but usually at least twice a month. Today, the house smelled good when we got home from church, but I still wasn't even tempted by it.

I'm sorry they brought the pizza home though! I know it can be rough! Hang in there! Hopefully, at some point through this journey, they'll understand and be more considerate in the future!

It's a process...sometimes you feel hungry; sometimes not. Sometimes, I don't even know what it feels to be hungry...I know it sounds crazy...I have a lot of head hunger, you know, I want to eat it, but then after two bites, you can't eat another bite...Some food tastes really good; some not. Some days are good; some are not. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself...It is a tool...You have to use it to make it work for you!!!! I am amazed that I haven't lost 100 pounds because of the difference in what I ate before and what I eat now...I realize why I was never successful...and with this, you have to ride the wave. You have to enjoy the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is a lot of self-analysis that goes with it...I can only say I am glad that I did it. I wish I could have done it sooner...Anyway, only you know what is right for you...good luck and best wishes...

I am going through the same thing! Family brought home pizza for dinner, and my husband is cooking steak, my house smells AMAZING!

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case' date=' then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE![/quote']

The surgery does NOT take your desire for food away, I'm sorry to tell you. Yes you will not feel AS hungry as before, but your mind is still the same. You still crave your favorite BAD foods. And you can have them in small moderation. The sleeve is a tool. Keeps ur portions tiny. But ur head is still huge. Lol.

I haven't been hungry really. I do have to remind myself to eat throughout the day. That pizza looked ah-mazing though and was the first thing that has even smelled good since surgery. I literally felt like I could be happy with 2 bites!!

I was going thru the same thing 2 weeks post op and I was so angry then I was angry at myself for being angry about a pizza! Hang in there! It does get a little easier.

the good part is in 6 months you can have 1 slice of pizza (and feel completely satisfied), and be very close to your goal weight and have a tool to help maintain the loss!!! In a way you can have your pizza and eat it too! The first few months of torture are sooooo worth it

Ok...my question is this: you are wanting food? I have been told by many ppl that this surgery makes you no longer desire food. If that isn't the case' date=' then I may not want to do this. I am about to be sleeved in 8 1/2 days, and need to know what's the deal here? PLEASE SHARE![/quote']

I still feel hunger. Every 3 to 4 hours, usually. I almost never forget to eat. I'm about 2 months post op. I was disappointed when I felt hunger, but now I know that if I don't eat enough then I stall. What's the point of starving my body and not losing any weight? I had this surgery so that I could learn to have a healthy relationship with food, not so that I could starve my body if nutrients.

All of that said, there is rarely anything that I can't eat at least one or two bites of. My husband will often eat things that I know I shouldn't eat (but that sound SO YUMMY) and I'll have a bite or two and be TOTALLY satisfied.

Don't decide not to have the surgery because you're afraid of feeling hunger. Surgery or not, you're going to feel it. It's part of being human. The trick is to use the sleeve as a tool to learn how to eat (and eventually CRAVE) what you should be eating and in the correct portion size.

Oh yes, I have wanted food... Real food. I'm just out of surgery n my husband stayed with me in the hospital and he ate biscuit n gravy and sausage right next to me. I could've shot him! But it's like I wasn't hungry but I wanted some. Then he had Arby's at supper and my strong will made it not bother me. So, it gets easier. No worries