Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

K so I read a lot of posts today after my post and I'm really upset. I feel like I will never be where I should be. I am diligent about MFP and everything I eat I am 2 months out and only down 38 lbs. I see so many post about 1 month out and down 40 or 50 lbs. Where am I going wrong?am I always gonna be the Fat girl? My schedule only let's me get a workout in about 4 x a wk and for an hour or hour n half I do cardio m weights. Why won't it work like everyone else? My surgeon seems happy but my goal is still 100 lbs away and years at this rate. I'm totally disappointed in myself. Any suggestions

Girl you are doing awesome!!!! Just think, you have lost three 10pd bag of potatoes!!!! That's wonderful!! Focus on your healthy eating and eventually it WILL come off. Maybe you are developing muscle and toning up. Remember the non-scale victories!! The worst thing all of us sleevers can do is start comparing ourselves to one another. You got this!!! I will say a prayer for ya!!!

At 3 months out I was down 40 lbs according to my surgeon's scale, 44 according to mine. You will lose at your pace. Try not to compare it to others because we don't lose the same. I was SOOOO frustrated my 2nd month because I gained and lost the same 2 lbs for 4 weeks. It will happen.

You are doing so great! Try to find the little victories, like smaller clothes. This week I had two realizations that just floored me. One is that I don't run into as many doorjambs and the other is I don't feel like I have to contort my body to turn around in public restroom stalls. I can turn around like a normal person. LOL

Take the word "only" out of your vocabulary when it's related to your weight loss, please. When have you EVER lost 40 pounds in ONLY 2 months? Never...and this weight loss you know is not coming back with friends.

From February until a week ago (mid-May) I lost a whopping 10 pounds. That's it! But, I lost 3 sizes during that same time period and I started seeing definition in my muscles. My biceps, thighs and abdomen suddenly have muscle that other people can see. I've also shape-shifted so that now my butt is not the size of Texas; it's more like a Michigan now. ;)

Take your measurements and look for those non-scale victories. Do you fit better in your car seat? Are your clothes looser? Do you have more stamina for walking, shopping, sex? THOSe are the things that tell you that you are progressing.

I'm not even sure who posted it, but one person weighed themselves one day about six times in under an hour. During those six weigh-ins, the scale said they had variously: lost 2 pounds, gained 3 pounds, lost nothing, lost 6 pounds and gained 4 pounds. I believe the poster drank a glass of Water during that hour. The scale is NOT the final arbiter of our weight loss success. Don't get hung up on that number, although it's nice to see losses on the scale. It's JUST a number.

There's a set of pictures on Flickr that's called something like "The Faces of Obesity". In it are pictures of all kinds of people, with their weights and BMI listed. One triathelete on there was listed as Obese! The numbers do not tell the whole story, because no one in their right mind would consider a triathlete obese or unfit.

I agree.. slower is better. It is less risk of bad breath, Hair loss, and other things that can happen when you lose weight too fast

Thanks Guys sometimes it's hard to remember the NSV. I feel like I am not accomplishing much these days. You are all such an inspiration. Thanks so much. Keep truckin on your journey as I will too! Love to you all

Hang in there.

Omg you're doing great! Don't be hung up on others loss. They may be giving a 'Total' loss number. Including some loss before surgery. 38 lbs is awesome.