Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First of all that's not how my trip went at all in Mexico. I know most people have had great trips there. I did not. I was given one paper on my after care that was it. I had a different Dr come in every couple hours give me different instructions.no one spoke any English so I didn't understand half of it. I never planned on goin back to Mexico for after care. That's not what I ment by that.. I am happy to have the surgery but I left the hospital feeling anxious and scared.... And now I'm six weeks in and still have a lot of anxiety I came here to ask for help not to bad talk the surgery at all. I am blessed to have been sleeved.. this was my first surgery and I was away from my family for a week in a place I never been alone. So ya I would of did it different if I had the choice I would of paid more to have had it done here in the states.

Sorry it just bothers me a little for someone to assume what it was like.. I thank everyone so much for advice and warm thoughts. U have made me feel so much better.like I said its just such a big change I never had time to accept or learn more about.. I had a day to tell my dad yes or no or never have the chance again.. I'm a single mother of two and I pay all the bills on my own and would never be able to afford such a life change on my own.. the support from all u wonderful people is a god send.thank u from the bottom of my heart.

I hope you'll take some of the advice here and seek out additional help, even if it's only coming to this forum each day and interacting.

I wanted to add that you should be taking a PPI like Nexium or Prilosec if you're feeling any issues with acid. You should also be taking sublingual B12. I didn't think the B12 was all that important and I was pretty hit or miss on taking mine. I had a panel done and I was really deficient in B12 and Iron. Now that I'm on B12 shots and taking a new Iron supplement I'm not tired, cranky, forgetful and I even sleep better. After just a few weeks of shots I feel so much better it's unbelievable. So please make sure you get the B12 or you'll feel even worse. It's very inexpensive and you can buy it just about anywhere.

Hormonal ups and downs are not uncommon as we start to shed the weight. Get some help for these rough Patches. A lot of us find ourselves floundering when our old coping mechanisms involving food are gone and we're forced to deal with things we used to bury with food.

~Cheri

I have typed up my meal plans for post surgery...if you would like a copy pm me your email and I will send it to you.

As far a supplements I was instructed a flinstone complete in the morning and evening. Calcium chews (I use Viactive) 3 times a day. You cant eat them within 2 hours of the Vitamins. I take 1 B100comdeplete once a day and 1 B12 sublingual a week.

My basic guidelines are 70 grams of Protein a day

64 ounces of Fluid

30 or less grams of carbs

everyones guidelines are a bit different but this is what got me to goal

Is it possible to send your meal plan..I'm concern about what I'm going take as well..thanks!

This community is soooooooooo helpful..it's a blessing that everyone here is willing to help! I wish you the best!

bump

bump

Hi Elaina,

What Katie said is straight out of the book I recieved from my pre-op class. My surgery is next Tuesday. Important that you take a Multivitamin and Vitamin D in the morning, calicum in the middle of day and then another Multivitamin at night before bed. Concentrate on getting your protiens in first, then your veggies etc. I also agree you need to find some local support in your area, either with a support group or with a therapist. Good luck! Im sure you are going to do great!

Lori

Dear Elaina,

I know how you feel girl! Don't feel bad! I have a gorgeous mom and sister who are a size 0 and 6! Then there's me, size 16-18...my dad is a fitness buff, and both my parents can be very pushy about my weight. (My mom has an eating disorder which is why shes 5'6" and 115lbs...) My mom pushed me into the lap-band surgery two years ago. I did no research and, like you, did it in Mexico. I had no clue what I was getting me into. Here I am two years later, just where I started if not a fewpounds heavier. My family makes me feel really crappy because no one even in my extended family is obese. I weigh more than my overweight uncle! AND my husband! (Isn't that fun?!)

I don't know your background, but you sound a lot like me, and like you're in a deep depression. I know exactly how that is! I've been taking anti depressants for years (over 10 years, and I'm almost 27). They really help, as does a good counselor. (Not trying to force anything on you of

Course!) I go to a wonderful woman who actually has had weight loss surgery herself and specializes in working with people struggling with their weight.

There are lots of doctors in the US that will see patients done in Mexico!! What area are you in?

Praying for you sweet girl. Never give up hope. You are valuable, you are beautiful, and you have all the strength you need to get through this. please message or email me if you want to chat. I'm sure we have lots in common and I'd love to talk with you.

Sending love,

Erika

erikaj@aol.com

PS I had a little girl in my pre-k class ask me today if I was "pregnet"..haha! Hope you can get a chuckle out of that!

Elaina! I just saw you're in WA!!! I know it might be a drive, but I goto Northwest Weight Loss Surgery center in south Everett. The doctors there are awesome and that's where my amazing counselor, Linda Ayers is! She is an ANRP/Psychiatrist so she does my psych meds as well. There has got to be someone closer to you that you can see for help. I work in Seattle and getting sleeved in August, so I want to

Find a sleever support group in the Seattle area. Hey, we could even start our own, lol! I'd drive there! ;) I swear I'm not trying to be weird, but I know that despair feeling and I don't want you to feel that way. I also read that you have kids. I know that they just adore you no matter how much you weigh. What a blessing to have kiddos. They are one of life's best (and most difficult) blessings! I teach 4 & 5 year olds and they are the lights of my life!

Sending love,

Erika