Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to.make a list of stuff I should get for post op, looking for peoples opinion on things they found really useful but no one tells u about.. thanks

There is a topic for what you should bring to the hospital and I think there's more for after surgery too.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/10081-the-official-what-you-will-need-for-your-gastric-sleeve-surgery-thread/

I wrote my list, and I have a list of things to purchase before surgery for at home including the heating pad, I am purchasing some plain 100% whey Protein ('unflavored'), sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free Jello, Biotene (to rinse my mouth out if it gets dry) Unury chicken broth, still need clear Protein choices and working on finding something I like. I am looking for High Protein, low carb yogurt for mushy stage, Gas-X for at home. I need to buy a small (child-size teaspoon). I have a smaller plate, optisource Vitamins (chewable) and I have read a lot of people use the sublingual B12 for energy. I'll make sure we have gatorade just in case I need it, A&D Zinc (in case I have some issues with diarrhea). I'll probably pick up a package of gauze bandages to have on hand and lip balm.

Make sure you have someone to fill your scripts. Keep a basin, with tissues next to your bed, and your liquid tylenol. (if you need to take it, Water it down...) I needed some for a headache when I got home, tookit, and threw it RIGHT back up!! :unsure: Also, maybe some wipes for the bathroom...everyone is different, but just sayin'....lol! When I tooted, I needed to be on the toilet! Good luck

A couple of books/magazines, something you can read. Something soft, I know it's summer and you probably don't have any fleece blankets still out but your going to be tired and something soft that smells like "home" after being in the hospital is wonderful. Check out your local stores for sales on dishes and buy a couple of small/salad plates and bowls. You don't need an entire new set of dishes, just a couple that are really pretty/fancy patterns, or a nice glass. It sounds silly, but we eat such small amounts that a pretty plate helps and we are sipping all day, might as well sip out of something that you really really really like! Plus, now my family knows "those" are my dishes and pretty much leaves them alone.

I am bringing my favorite small fluffy throw blanket and a hug pillow for my tummy. Make sure you have a pillow for the ride home for between your stomach and the seat belt. Definitely some soft wipes besides toilet paper, that's why I also suggest the A&D Zinc ointment, or Desitin. I have had several laparascopies, c-section, gallbladder out, complete hysterectomy so I sort of have the routine down. I wouldn't bring pretty nightgowns with because they may get stained up. You will most-likely have a drain (I'll be going home with one). Definitely a pair of crocs or good fitting slippers which are easy to slide into and something comfortable to walk the halls with too.

Knee, the glass is a good idea! I'm so sick of drinking out of my shaker, and glass/plastic bottles!! Thanks!

I want to.make a list of stuff I should get for post op' date=' looking for peoples opinion on things they found really useful but no one tells u about.. thanks[/quote']

Cups 1-4oz , plastic and glass. I have some tea cups and saki cups that make it nice.

Protein shakes - flavors you like. Pre made liquids and powders used with skim milk.

Apple juice

Crystal Light -assorted flavors

V-8

chewable Vitamins

Log or journal

sugar free popsicles

Fat free/MSG free broth - chicken, beef

Pho broth - Vietnamese Soup minus the add ins.

Apple sauce

The hospital served me in little cups with lids. I asked for a few extra to take home with me, so when I got home, I could drink and go to bed without having to think. Seems insignificant, but was a lifesaver at the moment. Next time I woke up, was fine to fill my own.

Glycerin swabs to moisten mouth - hospital should have them.

Came home to nice clean bedroom with my favorite, music and candles.

Try to have as many of your affairs in order as possible, so you do not have to deal with any issues for a few days.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

I just bought my stuff today. My dietician recommended a sippy cup so, I bought a cute sponge bob sippy! Haha

I also bout a pillow shaped like and owl and some baby spoons and forks.

Some people have been saying to get the gasx strips, do those really help?