Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really getting nervous. Especially it being Mothers Day, I'm so scared something will go wrong and my children are left without a mom. I have had surgery many times before. I think I'm nervous because I am electing to have this. Im excited for my new life to start, buy I cant help my brain going to that dark place like what if I never wake up. Im not ready to leave my children, it makes me cry at the thought. Is it just nerves? Just feel like im about to panic. I'm so emotional right now.

Awwww..... so sorry you are going thru these emotions. Here's a big HUG :D

I think we all go thru some sort of pre-surgery jitters in one form or another, and understand completely your concerns for your children. But instead of focusing on something happening and not being there for your children..... how about focusing on the healthy mom you are going to become, and seeing yourself around for a very long time.

Again.... big hugs and good luck on your surgery day.

My surgery is tomorrow too. I just wrote a blog post last night (my blog is in my signature) about my emotions & thoughts at this point. Overall, I'm at peace about this & know it will help me be with my kids longer, but those fears do creep in sometimes.

Hang in there! We'll be on the other side of surgery and on to our new lives before we know it!

My surgery is tomorrow too. I just wrote a blog post last night (my blog is in my signature) about my emotions & thoughts at this point. Overall, I'm at peace about this & know it will help me be with my kids longer, but those fears do creep in sometimes.

Hang in there! We'll be on the other side of surgery and on to our new lives before we know it!

We are together. They moved my surgery up to 7:30 a.m. and I have to be there at 5:30 a.m. So Good luck! Don't be nervous, you will do just fine!

I'm really getting nervous. Especially it being Mothers Day' date=' I'm so scared something will go wrong and my children are left without a mom. I have had surgery many times before. I think I'm nervous because I am electing to have this. Im excited for my new life to start, buy I cant help my brain going to that dark place like what if I never wake up. Im not ready to leave my children, it makes me cry at the thought. Is it just nerves? Just feel like im about to panic. I'm so emotional right now.[/quote']

its just nerves, im sure you will be fine, u have to be for your babies!! and im sure you are doing this to stay healthy for them. i know im going to feel exactly like you when my time comes but just keep your thoughts positive and before you know it you will be back with your babies looking & feeling awesome!! go girl!

Wow, my surgery is tomorrow as well. I have to show up at 5:45 AM. I have many mixed emotions running through my head right now. A part of me wants to run and hide, but the logical, rational side tells me over and over why I'm doing this. I want to be able to enjoy life with my family. I want my pain to ease up. I want to be productive again, to be able to work, and actually earn a paycheck. I'm relatively healthy right now, but if I don't have the surgery I'll go right over that cliff...I'll defintely have diabetes, & heart problems. My physical pain will only increase with time, and I will miss out on so many adventures with my family and friends by being a shut-in. Ultimately, I will become a burden to everyone I love, and my life will be miserable. I can't have that.

So think all the positives to come. Think of the new adventures you will have with your family and friends. Think of how powerful a tool this operation will give you in taking back and improving the quality of your life, and those around you.

I hope this helps. God bless.

Nerves are normal, especially this close to surgery! Just keep deep breathing and remind yourself of why you decided on this surgery and this doctor. I can't wait to see all of you on the loser's bench with me! Imagine how much better your life will be in a few months when you've lost a significant amount of weight and you can move and breathe easier! :)

You're going to do great! I had the same fears. It's complicated because you are doing this to be a healthy and active mother, but you are also taking a risk with the surgery.

I won't say that being sleeved has made me a "better" mother, but it has made a MASSIVE difference in my life as a mother. I can really keep up with my kids now. I don't have to worry about embrassing them because I'm so overweight (there will be other reasons that I embarass them once the teen years hit!). I'm healthier and happier, and my kids can sense that too. It is really the best thing I ever did for myself, AND for them.

Good luck! They'll have a healthier and slimmer mommy to wraps their arms around very soon!

Got to be there at six am. I'm terrified. =\

i am feeling the same way..ive got anothr 3 weeks and i can feel the anxiety coming on.your right this is elective versus all other surgeries.we just have to ask jesus for help and guidance and to live a healthy life afterwards :-)

Thank you so much everyone! I have been so positive and calm for most of this process, I don't know what came over me this morning, but I woke up and just started to panic! I feel better now, just did my toes. I guess I just had to freak out for a second. I know everyone is right. That's what I keep reminding myself. However, as soon as I had to carry my daughter up the stairs today, my knees quickly reminded me one reason. I think part of this is I am hungry, I know I have always dealt with stress or anxiety with food. I didnt have to food to turn to today. Thank goodness for this forum. You guys are wonderful. Good luck to all of you going in tomorrow morning. Meet you on the losers bench tomorrow afternoon. I go in at 5:30am, surgery at 7:30am. I may not know you guys, but I love you guys!

cant wait to hear how u guys went today, keep us all posted xx

Feeling the same thoughts! Here's what I came down to - it took several years to come to this decision, multiple hoops that kept changing and when everything came together its was just about a month and everything was done! When its the door to go through it will open wide!! We are walking through today!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good luck, you guys! There's a lot of you May 14th-ers for today, so you're in great company! I'm a week out from y'all, so I look forward to hearing how everyone's upcoming week goes post-surgery.