Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Longer Hot? Omg This Is Awesome!

I have a similar experience. I thought I was approaching time of life changes cause I was having night sweats and some other issues. Since surgery though, I am no longer having them. It's so nice. I've been comfortable at night and not hot in the day; even though, I am living in Kuwait!

Yay!!! I'm so excited for this to happen to me. I am supposed to have the sleeve in a couple of months, and I gotta tell you, I would do it just for the loss of sweating constantly alone. It is the most embarrasing thing ever. Thank you so much for sharing. Before hearing of this added bonus I was starting to get really scared of having the surgery.

I was ALWAYS hot, slept under a sheet only with AC at 66 and ceiling fan on high. Waking up in the morning made me sweat profusely. Now, I am comfortable during the day, and sweat only upon exertion. However, at night I freeze to frickin' death. I pile on four blankets and shiver for a long while before I can get to sleep.

And, wierdest of all, my body temp used to hover around 96.5 all the time. Now it is 98-something!

I've read that ghrelin, the hunger hormone that's removed along with the majority of our stomachs, is responsible for body temp regulation, at least in part. Removing that ghrelin makes a lot of us cold constantly after surgery.

Oh really? That would explain a lot. I'm always cold, which is something I prefer to always being hot and sweaty. When I was big, it was so embarassing when my pits and back would sweat like crazy. Especially when I was at school and wore a backpack. I had the clinical strength antipersperant and deoderant, and I'd put it not only on my pits, but inbetween my lovehandles on my back and under my boobs! I still couldn't do anything about my sweaty forehead or scalp (which made my hair look wet and greasy on especially hot and humid days).

I can soooo relate to this NSV. I share your joy. This is one of the many pros to the VSG. I dreaded the summer (I live in a very humid area), but now I can be comfortable this year! Congrats, WhoozisAnyway.

Oh really? That would explain a lot. I'm always cold' date=' which is something I prefer to always being hot and sweaty. When I was big, it was so embarassing when my pits and back would sweat like crazy. Especially when I was at school and wore a backpack. I had the clinical strength antipersperant and deoderant, and I'd put it not only on my pits, but inbetween my lovehandles on my back and under my boobs! I still couldn't do anything about my sweaty forehead or scalp (which made my hair look wet and greasy on especially hot and humid days).

I can soooo relate to this NSV. I share your joy. This is one of the many pros to the VSG. I dreaded the summer (I live in a very humid area), but now I can be comfortable this year! Congrats, WhoozisAnyway.[/quote']

Thanks, and congrats to you too!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Yay!!! I'm so excited for this to happen to me. I am supposed to have the sleeve in a couple of months' date=' and I gotta tell you, I would do it just for the loss of sweating constantly alone. It is the most embarrasing thing ever. Thank you so much for sharing. Before hearing of this added bonus I was starting to get really scared of having the surgery.[/quote']

I consider this a freaking miracle. I'm not afraid to be out in public any more! Yesterday I grilled dinner for my mom and didn't break a sweat standing in the sun with full grill heat hitting me in the face. Tonight I was trying on jeans at Ross (just went down another size, yippee), their AC was out in the dressing rooms and it was sweltering. I was warm but barely beaded on my forehead.

Man that is awesome! :) :) :)

This has happened to me too! I sit around under a quilt! Now..for the bed time shivers I have a suggestion! My hubby and I have a dual control heating blanket. His control is off and mine is on setting 7..He says his side is like the North Pole and my side is like the pits of hell..LOL...oh well..it working for me..nice and toasty at night!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

Well, tonight was my first time at the gym in many years. I DID sweat, but it was just normal, exercising sweaty. Before, I would have been drenched and dizzy. This kind of sweat I can handle!

OMG, I had no idea of this happy side effect. I can not WAIT!!

I so hope that this happens immediately. I'm having surgery in San Diego in June and I'm from Alaska and I'm a hot, sweaty mess in temperatures above 65. What a great NSV, thanks for sharing.

This has happened to me too! I sit around under a quilt! Now..for the bed time shivers I have a suggestion! My hubby and I have a dual control heating blanket. His control is off and mine is on setting 7..He says his side is like the North Pole and my side is like the pits of hell..LOL...oh well..it working for me..nice and toasty at night!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

LOL! That is EXACTLY what I did!!! Really works! Congrats to everyone!!!! This is a great thread!

hi, just as i popsted earlier that yes, i no longer sweat buckets...

no no no!!!!

It has started again.. Has it got anythign to do with my metabolism or wat?

This is disheartening. My colleagues realised that too. initially post surgery i dont perspire at all, now it has started all over again..

but i still get cold rather easily, which i never did before surgery...

bummer... i hope it's just the weather here...

I really hope this happens for me! I live in the Phoenix area and it's already hit 108 this week. :(

Last summer, I was in the process of rapid weight loss (sleeved April 2011)--I noticed then that I didn't get so sweaty all the time, and we live in the tropics of south Louisiana--probably just down the street from you, Whoozis!

THIS summer, what a change--I'm cold all the time in air conditioning... and you know we southerners love our A/C!! I don't run the air in the car much any more, just put the windows down. I can move around, walk around, go shopping, do whatever without sweating. As someone above said, it would be worth the surgery for this benefit alone!! It's so lovely not to feel self-conscious about weight or sweat--I never realized how much those things affected my social interactions or willingness to be in groups of people.

Plus, ladies, it's a blast shopping for shrugs and cardigans--so cute!! and NECESSARY, now (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!). I am mind-blown that I am actually wearing sweaters in MAY. Just flips me right out, but how great is that!?