Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on march 26th and have been battling with my Multivitamin. Hopefully some of you veterans can give me a little advice. I have went through a bottle of Celebrate Vitamins and now am on a bottle of Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. It seems like no matter which one, they both make me extremely nauseous to the point of even throwing up today within 10 minutes of taking it. Now I have been extremely fortunate and to this day have not thrown up at all but this Vitamin made me throw up for the first time and I don't want it to happen again. After calling my surgeon he said to find an over the counter multi chewable I could tolerate and just to make sure I mix it with a b complex. I am looking for some suggestions of what to buy over the counter and where to buy them. And also about how much are they going to cost compared to the bariatric specialty vitamins, and is it going to cause me to be deficient in any other vitamins by doing this switch? My DH was just laid off so anywhere we can save money is a bonus.

By the way I forgot to add that I take calcium citrate chewable , and Iron plus c chewable and I tolerate those just fine.

I'm not an experienced sleever, just got mine a week ago, but I have always had a problem with Vitamins giving me horrible indegestion. So here's what I do.....

I take one or two One-A-Day gummies. I have no heartburn or reflux from them. In fact I'm still on liquids, but can still take them by putting them in my mouth and just letting them dissolve. It tastes just like a real Gummy. I think One-A-Day has different versions with extra things added like Iron and Calcium also, but I just use the Multi-Vitamin.< /p>

Hope you feel better!

I take a flintstones chewable with Iron once a day after I eat like a little treat. My levels are fine doing this. I take a prescription strength Vit. D once a week because it is low if I dont. Otherwise everything is great and flintstones dont make me nauseus even if I dont eat when I take them. I just do this as a precaution. I do eat when I take the Vitamin D though. Occasionally I will take a B12 sublingual but not often. It works for me.

I will just share with you what my NUT has told us - you can take any over-the-counter chewable MVI as long as it says "complete" on the label (includes Iron in the tablet).

This included children's Flinstones which would be 2 a day. I was taking those preop but I wanted to be sure I had something really good immediately postop, so I bought Celebrate chewables. These are also 2 a day and are huge. Up to now, I've had no problem but now they are getting harder to take.

I like the idea of the gummies, but NUT had said check the carbs and sugar cuz they can really add up in the gummies. Don't know how much though, and if it's a difference between taking those or nothing, I might just do that.

I take the 0ne a Day complete Gummy. they went down much better. I had a hard time finding one i could take everyday. Also you could take a B sublinguel on its own if you cant find one with the extra B in it.

I like the idea of the gummies, but NUT had said check the carbs and sugar cuz they can really add up in the gummies. Don't know how much though, and if it's a difference between taking those or nothing, I might just do that.

The gummies i take have 15 calories 3 carbs 2 sugars. For 2. worth it. I count those in my carb sugar allowance.

I had a hard time with the gummies. I could not chew it enough in the beginning and it was hard to swallow. I switched to chewables and they are easy to chew up to a powder and I have no problems taking them. My flintstones with Iron says on the bottle that the dose is 1/2 tablet for kids and one tablet for adults and children over 4. I dont think it would hurt to take two though my Vitamin counts are really good with the one a day, aside from the Vit. D, which i needed a prescription for. My PCP says that Vit D is the one that wls patients are often low in.

I checked my One-A-Day gummies, and for two they are 10 calories, 3 carbs and 3 sugars.

My NUT recommended I take the Flintstone complete chewables--two a day--in addition to my Calcium. I inquired about gummies and she said that the gummies did not provide adequate Iron. Again, this is according to my NUT, I am not an expert in any way shape or form on these.

I was low Vitamin D for awhile and had a prescription, now my numbers are better and I do the Calcium caltrate with vitamin D. I also take a separate Iron so I don't worry if I dot get enough from my multi. I guess it's just what works best for each of us and what our doc says.

Thanks so much. I am headed to Walmart now. Going to get both kinds and see how it sits on the sleeve..

You may also want to try Nature-Made. That's what I take because all of the others weren't working for me. I take the Pre-natal gel capsule. I have had no Vitamin deficiencies and I am 11 months post-op.

Nichole

I am having trouble with Vitamins also. I had a friend tell me about a spray Vitamin. It is from vitamist.com. It is for bariatric patients. If I can make it thru the vitamins I have, I believe I will be giving it a try. She loves it and her dr is the one that suggested it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I felt a little weird complaining.