Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I had my surgery Aug 6th and I'm still in a lot of pain. I'm having really bad reflux and spasms and it's brought me to tears a few times. I'm starting to question if this is worth it? I can't even drink Water without pain.

Please tell me that the pain and spasms and reflux will go away! I did not imagine it to hurt this much. Was I being too naive?

I had my surgery Aug 6th and I'm still in a lot of pain. I'm having really bad reflux and spasms and it's brought me to tears a few times. I'm starting to question if this is worth it? I can't even drink Water without pain.

Please tell me that the pain and spasms and reflux will go away! I did not imagine it to hurt this much. Was I being too naive?

Hey there, I haven't had my surgery yet, but my friend did in May (she's lost 60 lbs!) She had the same thing with spasms and such. It will pass! Don't worry. Praying for you!

It will get better!

Did your doctor perscribe you anything for your reflux ? It might need to be increased or adjusted

Hang in there

HEY everyone!! I am so sorry I have been off the boards for awhile. First things first I want to wish everyone with an upcoming surgery the best, and I also want to wish everyone who has already had their surgeries a super easy recovery. This process is truly remarkable.

As some may know I had my surgery August 6th with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. My surgery went very well, and hardly any pain. Healing is going great. I have been off the boards due to pain that is not related to my surgery. While In Mexico I decided to get my lower teeth tended to. I thought it would be a simple process of pulling 10 teeth. Little did I know that it would have been so much more complicated. Here I thought it was my gums that were separating from my teeth, but what they discovered is my bone had been deteriorating, making my teeth loose. Just pulling them was no an option, they had to bone graft/scrape to make even smooth bone lines. This just happened to be a very painful healing. My jaw line is bruised and swollen, I am not talking much due to pain when opening and closing mouth, and I find that sleep is best for the pain.

Anyway, back to my surgery, things are awesome. I am still learning to understand my new tummy signals. I have no idea sometimes what its trying to tell me. I do have the hunger pain down tho, That almost feels like a spasm/gurgle then rolls into a small rumble. When I get that sensation, and drink alil, everything is all better.

The full sensations I have not experienced yet, atleast I don't think so. I am sure that will come with time when we start to move into thicker fluids and solids. I did however have a feeling that I swallowed too much, or maybe too fast last night. It was not as painful as I expected, but it did cause some discomfort in my chest till things went down. The incisions are healing very nicely and only my left side bothers when I over-extend or stretch too much. (The side they took the stomach out of)

To any of those who are very worried about upcoming surgeries. Try to relax and put your faith in whatever you believe in. Things will truly go wonderfully. I cannot guarantee you to be pain free, as each and everyone of us reacts differently to pain, but I can honestly sit here and say that It shouldn't be anything like having teeth pulled as I have just went through both. LOL.

Best of luck to each and everyone of you. This journey is a very special marker in our lives. I may not have been able to stand tall and proud before my surgery, but marker (landmark) of my surgery is standing tall for me, reminding me of the journey that I have just taken, and wonderful future that lies ahead.

for those of you on Facebook who heard about my surgery being scheduled here is the update. I am now home from the hospital where I was admitted for pyelonephritis. I called Barix to reschedule and was told my surgeon is no longer operating there, she is moving to a different facility. The other surgeon at the practice has only done half a dozen sleeves, so I will not be having him operate on me. Dr Medvetz will be running the bariatric program at a hospital closer to my house which is also a Blue Cross center of distinction and an ASBM center of excellence. She had performed well over a hunderd sleeves, so surgery is postponed until October at the new hospital which also has back up of an ICU and ER. I am beginning to think that the pyelo was a sign, because I have never had a surgery without some complication.

HEY everyone!! I am so sorry I have been off the boards for awhile. First things first I want to wish everyone with an upcoming surgery the best' date=' and I also want to wish everyone who has already had their surgeries a super easy recovery. This process is truly remarkable.

As some may know I had my surgery August 6th with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. My surgery went very well, and hardly any pain. Healing is going great. I have been off the boards due to pain that is not related to my surgery. While In Mexico I decided to get my lower teeth tended to. I thought it would be a simple process of pulling 10 teeth. Little did I know that it would have been so much more complicated. Here I thought it was my gums that were separating from my teeth, but what they discovered is my bone had been deteriorating, making my teeth loose. Just pulling them was no an option, they had to bone graft/scrape to make even smooth bone lines. This just happened to be a very painful healing. My jaw line is bruised and swollen, I am not talking much due to pain when opening and closing mouth, and I find that sleep is best for the pain.

Anyway, back to my surgery, things are awesome. I am still learning to understand my new tummy signals. I have no idea sometimes what its trying to tell me. I do have the hunger pain down tho, That almost feels like a spasm/gurgle then rolls into a small rumble. When I get that sensation, and drink alil, everything is all better.

The full sensations I have not experienced yet, atleast I don't think so. I am sure that will come with time when we start to move into thicker fluids and solids. I did however have a feeling that I swallowed too much, or maybe too fast last night. It was not as painful as I expected, but it did cause some discomfort in my chest till things went down. The incisions are healing very nicely and only my left side bothers when I over-extend or stretch too much. (The side they took the stomach out of)

To any of those who are very worried about upcoming surgeries. Try to relax and put your faith in whatever you believe in. Things will truly go wonderfully. I cannot guarantee you to be pain free, as each and everyone of us reacts differently to pain, but I can honestly sit here and say that It shouldn't be anything like having teeth pulled as I have just went through both. LOL.

Best of luck to each and everyone of you. This journey is a very special marker in our lives. I may not have been able to stand tall and proud before my surgery, but marker (landmark) of my surgery is standing tall for me, reminding me of the journey that I have just taken, and wonderful future that lies ahead.[/quote']

Wishing you the best recovery! Thanks for the update. Now sip and sleep . Get well !

HEY everyone!! I am so sorry I have been off the boards for awhile. First things first I want to wish everyone with an upcoming surgery the best, and I also want to wish everyone who has already had their surgeries a super easy recovery. This process is truly remarkable.

Best of luck to each and everyone of you. This journey is a very special marker in our lives. I may not have been able to stand tall and proud before my surgery, but marker (landmark) of my surgery is standing tall for me, reminding me of the journey that I have just taken, and wonderful future that lies ahead.

So good to hear from you Jenn. I am glad your sleeve is working well for you. I am sorry you are in so much pain with your teeth. My mom has had a lot of teeth issues, and it is one of those parts of the body that if it hurts, everything hurts. Praying of a quick recovery for you. Blessings!

I'm the same way. My surgery was Mon., Aug 6th. & I have bad gas when I take my meds. prescribed by my doctor they help a little, bit. I can't wait till the pain goes away. I also, had an hernia repair.

Did your doc prescribe a PPI? and if so, you need to call them and ask to up dosage and/or switch. Different ones work for different people. The reflux is a problem that can be avoided with the right medication, so please give them a call as I know how uncomfortable it is !Good luck.

Hi everyone. Its my 2nd full day home and im feeling much better. I was in pain yesterday, i had severe nausea and dry heaved and even threw up my liquid pain medicine. I called the doctor and got a nausea patch and oh my gosh im like a different person today. Yesterday i cried like 5 times and was so uncomfortable. Today i am able to walk around more get up by my self easilier and i have drank so far 18 oz of Powerade zero and my Protein Drink and had one sugar free popsicle. What people say is true u feel a little better everyday. But i can relate to everyone who had a difficult first few days. I still have some pains here and there and feel very sore. I have been taking gas x strips and tums to settle my stomach.

I'm officially an August sleever. I'm getting sleeved the 22nd =)

Here is our list for tomorrow Aug 10th Sleevers, May you have blessings with you and your journey we a safe and fast healing one. {hugs}

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

Kesha Richardson Bozeman AKA findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Judie Oleen AKA Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

bethL dr richardson New orleans.

smithpy dr james davidson

*TrAcY* Dr Garcia TJ mx

Dennis-n Brooke Murphy AKA its time Dr. Hata Hickory, NC

Daddyfat2thin Dr Alvarez Mx

findingme2012

Here is our list for tomorrow Aug 10th Sleevers, May you have blessings with you and your journey we a safe and fast healing one. {hugs}

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

Kesha Richardson Bozeman AKA findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Judie Oleen AKA Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

bethL dr richardson New orleans.

smithpy dr james davidson

*TrAcY* Dr Garcia TJ mx

Dennis-n Brooke Murphy AKA its time Dr. Hata Hickory, NC

Daddyfat2thin Dr Alvarez Mx

findingme2012

Will be praying for each of you tomorrow! Be well!

Good luck to everyone who is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. You are all going to do great and I will keep each one of you in my thoughts and prayers.