Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I Can Eat Spicy Or Fried Food?!

I was sleeved 4 weeks ago and wondering when I can eat spicy or fried?

Never eat FRIED!!! Spicy depends on your tastes...

I may have a french fry or 3, but I'm 5-months out and don't like the heavy feeling on my tummy.

Thanks for the replies, when u said don't ever eEat fried, why???

My dietician told me I could eat spicy foods as soon as I could tolerate it, I'm 6 weeks out and have been eating spicy for about 2 weeks now, with no problems. I have tried fried foods, but very limited, such as I had 2 chicken wings. I just make it a point not to have to much. I had that about the same time as spicy food. But I was also discharged on mushies, I did that for 2 weeks. After that I've been on soft foods. After next week I will be on no restriction diet.

Im 4 weeks out and I can do spicy without problems. Salsa keeps the meat moist. I haven't tried fried yet. Oh I did try 1 chicken wing. It didn't bother me at all. I myself am going to stay away from fried because that's what kind of landed me here in the 1st place. Oh yeah along with the cakes and ice creams. I won't be touching those either lol.

Im 4 weeks out and I can do spicy without problems. Salsa keeps the meat moist. I haven't tried fried yet. Oh I did try 1 chicken wing. It didn't bother me at all. I myself am going to stay away from fried because that's what kind of landed me here in the 1st place. Oh yeah along with the cakes and ice creams. I won't be touching those either lol.

I agree with u I should stay a way from fried, but for me now it's more to discover what I can tolerate and what I can't :-)

I do I agree with u to stay away, but I wana know what I can tolerate;-)

fried adds extra fat & calories that are high in saturated fats (artery clogging) No bueno. If you are craving fried food. to to oven fry but even that I would only do on special occasions

Greasy fried in, makes for greasy out too (Ewwww) Besides, we had the sleeve to help us not to revert back to eating all the bad things.

I waited two weeks before eating spicy food. I didn't have any issues with spicy food at all. You may want to start out slowly until you can gauge how your sleeve tolerates the food.

I would stay away from fried foods as much as possible. This is the type of food that got us in trouble to begin with. I wouldn't say you could NEVER eat heavy fried foods, but eat them in very limited quantities. I'm 9 weeks out today and have eaten fried foods twice. Once was a fried chicken (leg and wing) and the other time was pork schnitzel. My sleeve didn't have any problems digesting this food, but it made me lethargic afterwards. If you intend to have a heavier type of meal, I would suggest your other meals be lighter in calories to balance out you daily caloric intake.

I have been eating spicy foods since I was about 5 weeks out with no problem. I dont eat fried food however I did try 4 French fries from mcdonalds and I felt fine. I didn't continue eating them because I knew it wad a no no!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences, very helpfully!

I'm almost eight weeks out and I can eat spicy food without any problems. I did tried fried food but that didn't sit too well in my stomach.

I had spicy food 7 days out. The dr cleared me for mushies then, and on the approved list was chili. My husband made some for supper that night, and it was fantastic. Other than not being able to eat much at all, I didn't run into any problems. In my pre surgery class the surgeon told us that there is no reason to shy away from spice or flavor.