Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

are you addicted to starbucks frappucinos too? then try this!!!

Starbucks provides health benefits to all it's employees, even the part-timers. So that makes me feel a little better if I do sometimes pay a high price for their drinks. Mostly I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl. I am going to have to try that drink recipe. Thanks.

LOL...is it worth the extra calories though?? I just looked up the info on Starbucks.com...nutrition info...some of those drinks are 470 calories and 16 grams of fat..74 grams of carbs with 65 grams of sugar= almost all sugar.....just something to think about!;)

Dunkin Donuts:

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition/Product.aspx?Category=Beverages&id=DD-712

since my band i am addicted to coffee, the only caffeine I get, but it is dunkin doughnuts for me there's is by far the smoothest, sometimes if i am in town i will go through their window 3x a day. Starbucks is down the road a little and i got a gift card for christmas for starbucks and havn't even used it......

I love everything about fraps' except the price! So this recipe is really gonna work for me! Thanks for sharing!

I was banded on 7/21/06 - have you had your first fill? How much weight has you lost? I have only lost10 pounds and can eat anything I want. I am scheduled for a fill on 8/23.

I was banded in April, 2006...I had my first fill in June (1.5cc)...and my second fill in July (.05cc). So far I have lost 18#. I feel like some Dr.'s are too conservative on the fills...perhaps because they want the $350.00 for a half a cc of saline and a 15 minute office call. Anyway, if I could control my eating, then I wouldn't have elected to have the surgery...lol I need the constriction to signal my body that I've had enough!

If you can eat anything you want...then it's time for that fill bd. The difference is amazing! My advice to you would be in this order: #1 Don't allow yourself to get "too" hungry. If you do, you'll eat too fast and this is a major no-no-no!!! #2 Chew your food good, and then chew it some more!!! No kidding!!! #3 Do not drink when you eat (solid food will stay in your tummy longer and keep you feeling satisfied). #4 I find that when I eat and talk...I eat too fast, because I'm used to taking larger bites and not chewing my food enough. You really have to retrain yourself to the new life style that's going to get you thinner and healthier! #5 Don't be discouraged if your weight loss slows down. My BMI was low and I don't have that much weight to lose. But my two daughter's had the surgery the same day as I...and one has lost 50# and the other about 23#.

Good luck with your first fill....it seems to me that you are well on your way in your journey! God bless and keep me posted on how you are progressing!

Dreamer

I'm not defending Starbucks mind you, but keep a couple things in mind...

It was NOT the Starbucks corporation that did this, it was one, on-site manager who made the decision (and it was a poor decision). I don't think anyone at the corporate level would have agreed to this. It was also only at ONE Starbucks, not all their stores that did this.

Secondly, Starbucks does not usually sell Water by the case... they were NOT adding to the price, they were charging their NORMAL per bottle price, as they have no special pricing for cases of Water, and yes, the per bottle price added up to about $20 per case.

Keep these things in mind when boycotting a corporation, as the offending manager was subsequently fired, the money refunded to the rescue workers, and Starbucks has since made millions in donations to 9/11 charities, as well as donating thousands of lbs of coffee to the overseas troops. Overall, I don' think they are an evil company, it was just the one stupid mistake made by an unqualified, scared person, on a tragic day that had thrown everyone for a loop.

I knew all about that...I still boycott them....I don't care that they got reimbursed or not, fact is fact...there was a major crisis and they acted like business as usual. Nothing was usual that day. I have given free beverage and/or food to people in an emergency (not nearly as big as that obviously) I didn't care about the consequences....if I would have been working in that Starbucks that day......that water money would have come out of my wallet and gladly..I would have never thought twice about it. Starbucks are money grubbers....they charge much more than any other coffee company. My sister still gets coffee there...I don't care, I don't preach to her about not going there. This is the way I feel and I am entitled to feel that way. It doesn't bother me that you feel that they are not evil, you are entitled to feel that way.

If you read my first post on the subject, you'd see that I said I try to like Starbucks...and that I just can't.

Lovecats85 Can I share this recipe of yours with our local group here in Melbourne. Would not do it w/o your permission. Thanks Just FYI i use to get the cappachino french vanilla at 7-11. A small 8oz cup has 550 caloris. And I use to get the260z. No wonder i did not lose much for those first few months. I got one every night. Thank you for yours..I know I am gona love it.

I love starbucks!!! If I could only figure out how to make a white chocolate mocha that was the same as starbucks that was good for you I might make it through the morning with out the high dollar high calorie evil drink!!!!

ONE MORE GREAT REASON besides the calories not to buy Starbucks products.... ( The homemade frap looks great anyway!)

Dear everyone:

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the open.

Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds.

Starbucks wrote back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but that they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send them the Coffee.

So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks products.

As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never know.

Thanks very much for your support to me, and I know you'll all be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,

Sgt Howard C. Wright

1st Force Recon Co

1st Plt PLT RTO

ONE MORE GREAT REASON besides the calories not to buy Starbucks products.... ( The homemade frap looks great anyway!)

Dear everyone:

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the open.

Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds.

Starbucks wrote back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but that they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send them the Coffee.

So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks products.

As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never know.

Thanks very much for your support to me, and I know you'll all be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,

Sgt Howard C. Wright

1st Force Recon Co

1st Plt PLT RTO

Okay I will never try to like Starbucks! I go back to my original idea..that Starbucks sucks. Between 9/11 and the war....big company like that and they can't help out just a little....ugh makes me sick. (stepping down now..lol)

edit: My dad served 24 years in the armed forces....he told me once that the reports that the Red Cross was out there giving coffee and Water to the soldiers during conflict....................so untrue! Red Cross never came out once. ugh what is wrong with these people!!!!!

Urban legend, it's not true.

Know all the facts first.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

I'm not defending anyone here, but before you diss a person or a company, I feel you should have all the facts straight.

Paul, it would seem that you didn't read the whole article yourself. Starbucks did not donate coffee to the troops!

I copied and pasted this from the middle of the article, it would seem that the employees donated their allotment of coffee.< /p>

"However, while it is true Starbucks as a corporate entity could not have donated coffee to java-seeking Marines, it would have passed along such a request to any number of its employees who are looking for military mailing addresses to send product to, as it has already done on many occasions. Starbucks partners receive one pound of free coffee each week as an employee benefit (known as "partner mark-out"). Many of them have elected to send their weekly mark-out to members of the military or military families, and related organizations."

I thought you should as you said....know the facts.

I'd understand your outrage... IF IT WAS TRUE...

But, it isn't.

BTW, do you hold all companies to this level? How many brownies had Duncan Hines donated to the troops? How many Debbie Cakes has that company donated to the troops? Clark Bars? Pepsi?

Whay is Starbucks being held to a higher standard? Because someone decided they were a good target. What that store manager did on 9/11 was wrong. Simple, but the COMPANY didn't do it, he did. The coffee for soldiers story just isn't true, it is an urban legend.

Once again, know the FACTS before you diss someone. I could care less about the Starbucks corp, but hate folks getting raked over the coals for urban legend info.

Hey Paul, this is just my opinion, not yours. Don't preach until you know the facts yourself.

there was a major crisis and they acted like business as usual.

It was the actions of one demented employee carrying out his own policy, not the policy or orders of Starbucks. Starbucks never backed him up, never defended his actions at all. He was dismissed....so, how is it fair to hold this against the corporation or any other employee on staff at the time? It isn't.

Carol

It was the actions of one demented employee carrying out his own policy, not the policy or orders of Starbucks. Starbucks never backed him up, never defended his actions at all. He was dismissed....so, how is it fair to hold this against the corporation or any other employee on staff at the time? It isn't.

Carol

Yes, I agree, but it goes deeper than that ....but again, this is just my opinion, I never said i hate people who drink starbucks....my own sis does, I don't repremand her for it.

As far as Paul mentioning other companies...no doubt they are out there, but this thread was only about Starbucks...i guess he didn't realize that.

As far as Paul mentioning other companies...no doubt they are out there, but this thread was only about Starbucks...i guess he didn't realize that.

You're rude.

Done here.