Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Cow Be Careful What You Ask For !

When I started this journey my insurance had a requirement that you do a 10 week program so my mind set has been to have surgery in august. Well I got an email today saying they no longer require that and I also got my approval letter. so I am scheduled for May 21!!!! I am soo excited and scared. I have a trip planned 4 days after surgery, does that seem too soon? I won't be driving just riding. I really can't cancel but does anyone see a risk with this?

dont know about the driving part... but congrats on getting a date!!!

Make sure that you stop and walk a lot to prevent any blood clots. I don't know if it is true or not but I remember when my mother in law had her hip replacement that they told her to write the ABC's with her foot in the air as often as she could remember to prevent blood clots along with her compression stockings. Good luck, I am right behind you sx on the 23rd and i have a 9 hour fight back from Mexico.

beachlover1129, I would imagine your doctor would suggest to just take it easy. Make certain you take whatever medications prescribed for you & your diet products appropriate for whatever your specific surgery dictates. Check with the doctor who did your surgery. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

I just got notified by my hospital that everything has been approved (Medicare & Aetna) and I'm going in for my initial counseling on Thursday, May 17th., 2012.

I wouldn't try traveling that soon after surgery. I was wiped out for about two weeks afterwards. Just reschedule the surgery for after trip.

I wouldn't have taken a trip 4 days after surgery. It's all too new and you will probably be really tired. How about going on your trip and enjoying yourself and reschedule the surgery for when you get back?

I flew in a plane just a few days after surgery. If you feel good enough, then why not? have fun and good luck!

I could have easily taken a trip 4 days after surgery. The only thing is you will have to make sure and have plenty of Water and your Protein Drinks. If you are traveling it might be wise to invest in the canned Protein drinks just to make it a lot easier for you. Good luck and have a great trip.

Can you reschedule your surgery for after your trip? I could barely get around after 4 days. Plus I was soooo tired and in physcial pain I couldn't image going on a trip. What did your doctor say?

I wouldn't try traveling that soon after surgery. I was wiped out for about two weeks afterwards. Just reschedule the surgery for after trip.

I second this one. Too early for a long trip and once you start you can't go back.

I wouldn't, my 1st 2 weeks was a real roller coaster. While you need to walk & stuff, you also need to heal & rest. I would have surgery after my trip, if I were you.

I had no probs or complications after surgery. I flew home from Mexico 4 days after surgery and felt great.

I wasn't released from the hospital until day 4; so, be prepared that it could be a possibility.

I'm 11 days out now and I'm still not ready for a trip...too exhausted. I'd wait for surgery or reschedule your trip. Exciting news, though! Congrats!