Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day one of pre-op diet which is 3 Protein Shakes, sf Popsicles, and a lean cuisine for dinner. So far nobody has been injured or even threatened, but the night is still young! I know some of you have different diets and I honestly don't know what the difference is. I can do this...

Day one of pre-op diet which is 3 Protein shakes' date=' sf Popsicles, and a lean cuisine for dinner. So far nobody has been injured or even threatened, but the night is still young! I know some of you have different diets and I honestly don't know what the difference is. I can do this...[/quote']

uhhhh I envy you! I am on a 5 day CLEAR liquid diet. (not complaining in this post). Yesterday was day one and I had 615 calories and 32.5 grams of Protein. although getting a lot of protein isn't required, I'm doing it feel full. I had a Jello cup, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth, apple juice with the Unjury unflavored mixed in, and a special k protein Water. let me tell you, I cannot stand the smell of that unflavored stuff and it's really hard to swallow. today I'm slowly finishing off the rest of that apple juice and I had the chicken broth again. today I also tried a protein shot that was 26 grams of protein. I drank the whole thing but mixed it with 8oz of light Hawaiian punch and a little tap Water. today was a little more emotional and found myself very annoyed of my mother an fiancé at times but it wasn't terrible. just hoping tomorrow will be even easier as I continue doing the same as the past two days. ugh we can do this!!!! :) 4 more dayyyyyysss!!!!

yeah, mines is different....I'm doing a 2-week full liquids diet....no foods....4-5 protien shakes, broth, SF popsciles, sf jello...nothing else

We can do this... And hopefully nobody will get harmed in the process.

lol, yeah, I know right! I start mines in 2 weeks....I'm planning to start it a week early in case my students mess me up the last week of school by bringing cupcakes and stuff....lol

no one has been harmed at my house yet, but the smell of dinner my husband cooked for him & our daughters tonight reminded me I hadn't had my shake for dinner yet..... and I've written on my blog some about having to hold my emotions in check lately. I've been really emotional & snap at everything! 7 days done 7 more to go for me. I didn't have to do all shakes, but have found it's been the easiest with final exams too now & having to stick to 650 calories. I just have to do Clear Liquids the day before surgery to really clean my system.

so ladies, I'm not the biggest fan of this liquid diet because I'm so weak feeling buttttttttt I've lost 7 lbs since Sunday when I started! I'm sure the majority of it was Water and what not but I went from 331 to 224 :) I was hoping to lose 5 for surgery but now I'm hoping to lose 10 and go into surgery at 221 :) that would be great! I'm so happy right now!!! ????????????????????

I am very concerned about the 2 week pre-op diet- thinking it and my nerves might do me in before I actually get to surgery.

@ canidothis - today is day 2. I'm meaner than a snake and could strike any moment. I don't mind not eating, just can't handle being hungry. :'(

That's exactly what concerns me- hate being hungry, too. Think my husband will be put through the wringer for the two weeks, too! I hope it gets better for you after the first few days.

yeah' date=' mines is different....I'm doing a 2-week full liquids diet....no foods....4-5 protien shakes, broth, SF popsciles, sf Jello...nothing else[/quote']

This will be my pre-op diet, but just for 5 days. #nervous

I couldn't believe it but I went out to a restaurant today with a whole group of friends who are home from college and I didnt have a thing to eat. sat there with a Water and was perfectly content the whole time. the smell of the food was a little teasing but I just kept in the conversation and ignored it. we were in red robin for almost 2 hours and i was happy the whole time.

now that I'm home, stomach's been growling for over an hour but can't give it anything but apple juice. I had about 600 calories on Sunday and about 400 yesterday and today. I'm extremely tired and actually about to go to bed even though I woke up.. ehhh 8 hours ago (after a horrible night sleep might I add).

I also had a little emotional break down earlier and started to cry for about 30 seconds when I found out I got my period :'( just seems like one more frustration... and I can't even take anything for the cramps.

ohhhh well! I chose this right? so I'm happy and I can do this I can do this I can do this :)

I start Monday - we are allowed 3 shakes a day made with Water, sugar free jello/popsicles, decaff tea and crystal light only for 14 days. I was terrified of this at first, now I'm afraid that if I test positive for H-Pylori that I will be put on the 14 day of two very strong antibiotics and PPI's which cause metallic taste and extreme diarrhea at the same time as I am on the liquid diet and after the 14 days they will postpone surgery. Test results aren't in from the blood test I had yesterday, hopefully tomorrow I will find out. If I have to start the prevpak I would like to get a head start on it before I start my liquid diet on the 21st.

I couldn't believe it but I went out to a restaurant today with a whole group of friends who are home from college and I didnt have a thing to eat. sat there with a Water and was perfectly content the whole time. the smell of the food was a little teasing but I just kept in the conversation and ignored it. we were in red robin for almost 2 hours and i was happy the whole time.

now that I'm home, stomach's been growling for over an hour but can't give it anything but apple juice. I had about 600 calories on Sunday and about 400 yesterday and today. I'm extremely tired and actually about to go to bed even though I woke up.. ehhh 8 hours ago (after a horrible night sleep might I add).

I also had a little emotional break down earlier and started to cry for about 30 seconds when I found out I got my period :'( just seems like one more frustration... and I can't even take anything for the cramps.

ohhhh well! I chose this right? so I'm happy and I can do this I can do this I can do this :)

At 600 and 400 calories a day, how is your body functioning? The brain, by itself utilizes 20% of every calorie taken in just to merely survive at rest. And what about the organs in your body? The heart burns many calories a day to pump blood...and so on. Is the extreme lack of caloric intake being supplemented somehow as to not damage your body?

Not judging or anything...makes me a little leary of having the surgery if we have to harm our bodies in this way beforehand. With me already having high blood pressure issues and heart disease in my family, it kind of scares me to think of having a heart attack because I didn't give my body it's daily requirements to survive.

I hope you feel better and sleep well :)

The Protein shakes have everything you need and your body can survive on that and live off the fat storage for a while. People that are not overweight do fasting diets that don't have such high Protein intake that we will be getting with our shakes. The protein and nutrients are the important thing, the calories are not a big deal.

There are people that go on medifast for months at a time, liquid diets and older people that are much more fragile that drink only ensure and live off liquid diets.

It will not harm your organs, doing this for 14-1 month, if anything it will get rid of a fatty liver which is much more dangerous. Just drink your 64 ounces of Water and it will be fine.