Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first endoscopy tomorrow and I'm nervous. I've never had to be sadated or really had any operations done. What can i expect? I can't get over how nervous i am.

I have mine tomorrow too. Hope all goes well for the both of us.

I hope yours go through smoother than mines cause I wasn't put to sleep, they gave me something to relax which didn't work. But regardless of how they do it, it's done in less than 10 minutes. You'll be ok

I still laugh about it because whatever they gave me was som goooood drugs! I just remember feeling really high and relaxed as I drifted off to sleep. After that I don't remember anything. You will be fine. :)

No need to be nervous. I remember being rolled into the room and them working around me a few minutes and the anesthesiologist asking me a couple of questions and don't even remember closing my eyes. next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room w the doctor talking to me.

Mine is schedule for Thurs. the 10th. I'm nervous too. My daughter had one and her throat hurt for days. I have to work the next day and can't afford to take any more time off since surgery is scheduled for the 22nd. Those of you that already had it done, were you able to work fine the next day?

it was a breeze. i remember them wheeling me in.. and next thing I know I was waking up with my dad in the room.. I asked him how long he was in the room waiting for me to wake up.. and he said that I was up and talking to him when he walked in.. which i totally don't rememeber! they said my throat may be sore but I didn't feel any pain. I felt fine and could have definately worked but they said not to bc you were under sedation. my doctor did prescribe me a patch for nausea that I put behind my ear the night before.

Endoscopy is nothing it doesn't hurt at all. I've had 2 ..they basically put you out and you wake up like nothing happened

All done and it went well. My doc did discover that I have a hernia that he will repair when I have the surgery. Hope you came through all right.

mine was good.. although when I had my ultra sound.. it came back that I had gallstones so I need to get that out during my sleeve surgery.

Mine went well. Thanks guys. Now next Monday is the day. I'm even more nervous about that lol.

I think it's good to know what to expect ahead of time.

First, they start and IV and take your vitals. They'll roll you into a procedure room with your doctor, the anesthesiologist and a nurse or assistant. They had me turn on my left side but i was also having a colonoscopy at the same time so you may just be on your back. They should put an oxygen tube in your nose.

The worst part for me (because I have a bit of claustrophobia) was when they put this bit thing in my mouth. You bite down on it and they strap it around your head. It's to prevent damage to your teeth and the camera. Then they turn on the happy juice and you're out like a light! You'll wake up in a recovery area and should be discharged in an hour or so.

A couple of days after I started getting a sore throat. It felt like my glands were swollen. Found out the anesthesiologist had to perform something called a jaw thrust several times. Every time I was under enough to let them get the scope down I would stop breathing. So if you have trouble with sleep apnea, keep in mind that you may wind up with some soreness as well.

Otherwise, you should feel fine a few hours after the procedure. You may be a bit sleepy from the anesthesia but you should feel 100% by the morning.

Good luck with the procedure and your surgery!