Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi All,

Another Aussie here. 3 and a half weeks post-op. Everything's going very well. Lost 30kg so far (7 weeks), and still dropping 2-3kg a week. Had a great experience with my surgical team, if anyone is looking for a surgeon in Sydney I couldn't recommend Circle of Care in Baulkham Hills (Dr Roy Brancatisano) more highly. The only issue I have atm is getting up to my nitritionist's goal of 1000 calories a day - I'm managing about 7-800, Any tips on this?

By the way, the stats to the left are a bit misleading, not accurate at all.

Rgds to all.

Tim

Edited by timshilton

<p>Hi All,</p> <p>Another Aussie here. 3 and a half weeks post-op. Everything's going very well. Lost 30kg so far (7 weeks), and still dropping 2-3kg a week. Had a great experience with my surgical team, if anyone is looking for a surgeon in Sydney I couldn't recommend Circle of Care in Baulkham Hills (Dr Roy Brancatisano) more highly. The only issue I have atm is getting up to my nitritionist's goal of 1000 calories a day - I'm managing about 7-800, Any tips on this?</p> <p>By the way, the stats to the left are a bit misleading, not accurate at all.</p> <p>Rgds to all.</p> <p>Tim</p>

Excellent progress!

<p>Hi All,</p> <p>Another Aussie here. 3 and a half weeks post-op. Everything's going very well. Lost 30kg so far (7 weeks), and still dropping 2-3kg a week. Had a great experience with my surgical team, if anyone is looking for a surgeon in Sydney I couldn't recommend Circle of Care in Baulkham Hills (Dr Roy Brancatisano) more highly. The only issue I have atm is getting up to my nitritionist's goal of 1000 calories a day - I'm managing about 7-800, Any tips on this?</p> <p>By the way, the stats to the left are a bit misleading, not accurate at all.</p> <p>Rgds to all.</p> <p>Tim</p>

Hi Tim - I also had my surgery through circle of care - Dr Roy Brancastisano - I too had a great experience! I am two years on the 18th of July and reached below my goal weight after about a year and have been maintaining at around 60kg (I'm 167cm) for the last year. I have been thrilled with the results and have not found it difficult to maintain so far - I do fluctuate between 59-62kg depending on what kind of week I have had.

Your weight loss is great - one way you can boost calories is boost any milky drinks by adding additional milk powder - also good for the Calcium. Another is to eat a bit more regularly - you are probably already doing that. Also high calorie nutritious foods like avocado, nuts and cheese - these are some of the things I ate although the cheese is not great if you have cholesterol issues. Obviously what you are doing is working for the weight loss!

Hi everyone I'm on the Gold Coast, I am having my sleeve tomorrow it has come around quickly. I am excited to have this op.

Hi all, I'm 1 month post op, I have lost 13kg in this first month, and 35kg since starting Optifast on ANZAC Day (end of April). My sleeve has been all good. I'm back at the gym most days, and am never hungry. I desire Water, but not food, so am happily taking my 3x daily shakes & 3x small purée meals still. I start soft food this week & have faced my first 'function', where I ate the Soup & some potato.

Am pushing through the myriad of supplements my dietitian has me on. I'm taking movicol, fish oil, Vitamin D, 2x Multivitamins, reflux, B12 + what I was already on.

I hope those who are going into surgery know that this is not a 'quick' fix or the 'easy' path. My life has been dictated by times, millilitres & sipping these last 4 weeks. It's a life changing choice for a restart at life. Good luck.

Hi everyone I'm on the Gold Coast, I am having my sleeve tomorrow it has come around quickly. I am excited to have this op.

How did you go???

Hi all, I'm 1 month post op, I have lost 13kg in this first month, and 35kg since starting Optifast on ANZAC Day (end of April). My sleeve has been all good. I'm back at the gym most days, and am never hungry. I desire Water, but not food, so am happily taking my 3x daily shakes & 3x small purée meals still. I start soft food this week & have faced my first 'function', where I ate the Soup & some potato. <br> Am pushing through the myriad of supplements my dietitian has me on. I'm taking movicol, fish oil, Vitamin D, 2x multivitamins, reflux, B12 + what I was already on. <br> I hope those who are going into surgery know that this is not a 'quick' fix or the 'easy' path. My life has been dictated by times, millilitres & sipping these last 4 weeks. It's a life changing choice for a restart at life. Good luck.

Well done you are killing it..

Hi Everyone! My name is Mel, I had VSG in November 2013 and am almost at my goal weight of 65kgs, which will be a total of 40kgs lost :)

I had my surgery with Dr Candice Silverman in Coolangatta and she was fantastic!

I have a YouTube VLOG, my channel is LittleAussieMel. I am also organising a huge VSG Meet and Greet event in Sydney on 10th October 2014. It will be a great night to meet other people celebrating their new lives post WLS.

The website for the event is http://www.wondersleevesdownunder.com It is FREE to attend the land portion, or there is also an optional harbour cruise that you can buy tickets for.

Check it out, there are people attending from all over Australia and New Zealand.

:)

Hi everyone I am 5 days post op , everything is going well, I'm so happy I did this.

Hi everyone. I am from Sydney. It's my 1st month sleeversary today!!! I feel great, able to tolerate food quite well but easily gets full though.

Hi everyone. I am from Sydney. It's my 1st month sleeversary today!!! I feel great, able to tolerate food quite well but easily gets full though.

Well done, whereabouts in Sydney are you from?

Hi Everyone,

An old timer returning for a visit. And thought I would share my story with the newbies, so good to see new people supporting each other. I know this site and the people on it helped me massively in the first few years.

I am now almost 3 years out from my sleeve surgery. I consider myself a success story. I am maintaining my weight, have been through 2 plastic surgeries and am booked for another one (in Oct, the research for this brings me back here for a bit).

My life has changed significantly, I am more confident in myself, in front of people, are having more success in my role. I am now dating a great guy who thinks I am amazing and loves me for who I am. He knows my past, and doesn't see anything wrong with even how I looked before (I do tho.. obviously). My nephews don't even recognise old pictures of me, they will never know the old me, I run around with them. I exercise, not as excessively as I originally did but still regularly.

I eat pretty well, most people don't recognise I had the surgery. Breakfast and lunch is pretty similar to most people, can eat yoghurt and Cereal for breaksfast and a sandwich at lunch (normal size one). I find the main meals are where people will notice the quantity I eat, but rarely. I can eat around 100gms of meat and then some veg and carbs etc.

I have recovered from my first round of plastics (extended Tummy Tuck and arm lift), had a bit of a shocker of a recovery, and experienced one of the associated risks. But am getting ready for a 3rd surgery for a fluer de lis tummy tuck to remove more additional skin. This will finish my journey.

I have put back on some weight, around 5kgs. I am okay with that as a fair bit of that has gone back in my breasts, which don't feel like pancakes as much now and a bit more on my face, which I felt got a bit gaunt. I currently sit between a size 10/12 (pants) and size 12/14 top (mainly cause of my boobs and generally wide shoulders).

Life has its ups and downs but now I feel a bit more comfortable in myself in handling them.

A new profile picture has been updated

A new profile picture has been updated

wowow you look fantastic congrats

Hi Aussie ladies

What are you eating? My progress has slowed and want to see if there's something I can change!

Thanks xx