Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

hi and congratulations sounds like you are doing brilliantly. I don't know if there is a bypass forum or not but I welcome you to this one and I am sure all the others will as well. I am up on the central coast, whereabouts in Sydney are you?

Hi and thankyou for the lovely welcome. I live out west near Rouse Hill.

hi and congratulations sounds like you are doing brilliantly. I don't know if there is a bypass forum or not but I welcome you to this one and I am sure all the others will as well. I am up on the central coast, whereabouts in Sydney are you?
Yes, welcome! I'm in Central Queensland. Congrats on your weight loss Merry1

Thankyou????????

welcome big mommaof3 - everyone here is great so you are welcome to join in. it will be interesting for me to hear if your experiences with the gastric bypass are similar to the sleeve.

Thankyou.. So far it sounds very similar. Still on purée yuk yuk but only 1 more week to soft food. Trying to have 1.5 liters if Water. Haven't thrown up but I do sometimes have 1 or 2 mouthfuls to much and it sits in my chest for a while. So looking forward to losing more and exercise soon ( never thought I'd say that!!!) ????????

Welcome to the newbees :) Everyone on here are great. I have 2 friends who had the bypass and it seems about the same except they can eat and drink without having to wait.

Well I've been in my first ever stall for the last 3 weeks. But I have worked out I have been snacking a bit too much. So that has now stopped. Also last week I hurt my back big time at work so I'm now off work for another 2 weeks. So no exercising :( I've bern given the ok to walk in the pool so that's something at least.

But on an exciting note I'm off to see an IVF doctor next Thursday to find out what will get me pregnant the fastest!!! We have only told my mum and dad as last year I was told I was too fat and I was devo and had to then tell people it was a no go. So I had to tell someone hehe. So it's "watch this space" lol

Edited by Bec101

I got some great news, a spot has come up early so I'm now scheduled to be sleeved in 4 weeks...it's all starting to become a reality very quickly so time to get ready for the Optifast for a few weeks. One question I have is what's the go with drinking coffee during all of this? I've read a few different posts saying its off limits but I'm not sure if that's just the milk for some reason? Any ideas?

I have never stopped drinking coffee but since the op I have noticed if I drink a lot it does upset my stomach a bit as in a bit more acidy at night.

Welcome to the newbees :) Everyone on here are great. I have 2 friends who had the bypass and it seems about the same except they can eat and drink without having to wait. Well I've been in my first ever stall for the last 3 weeks. But I have worked out I have been snacking a bit too much. So that has now stopped. Also last week I hurt my back big time at work so I'm now off work for another 2 weeks. So no exercising :( I've bern given the ok to walk in the pool so that's something at least. But on an exciting note I'm off to see an IVF doctor next Thursday to find out what will get me pregnant the fastest!!! We have only told my mum and dad as last year I was told I was too fat and I was devo and had to then tell people it was a no go. So I had to tell someone hehe. So it's "watch this space" lol

good luck with the IVF, i am sure you have given yourself the best possible chance now and we will wait to hear happy news in the near future.

Welcome to the newbees :) Everyone on here are great. I have 2 friends who had the bypass and it seems about the same except they can eat and drink without having to wait. <br><br> Well I've been in my first ever stall for the last 3 weeks. But I have worked out I have been snacking a bit too much. So that has now stopped. Also last week I hurt my back big time at work so I'm now off work for another 2 weeks. So no exercising :( I've bern given the ok to walk in the pool so that's something at least. <br><br> But on an exciting note I'm off to see an IVF doctor next Thursday to find out what will get me pregnant the fastest!!! We have only told my mum and dad as last year I was told I was too fat and I was devo and had to then tell people it was a no go. So I had to tell someone hehe. So it's "watch this space" lol

all the best for your next journey! Will this be your first? If you thought the weight loss was life changing, wait until that baby comes a long! Hope it all goes well for you!

I got some great news, a spot has come up early so I'm now scheduled to be sleeved in 4 weeks...it's all starting to become a reality very quickly so time to get ready for the Optifast for a few weeks. One question I have is what's the go with drinking coffee during all of this? I've read a few different posts saying its off limits but I'm not sure if that's just the milk for some reason? Any ideas?

. I had coffee the whole way through with no problem and doc and dietician advised it's fine. Not sure why some posts so not to.

I even had a shot of espresso in the vanilla or chocolate Optifast shakes and it was yummy

Thanks Sue....I guess there's only one way to find out so will see how it goes...

Yep it'll be our first baby!! We had been trying now for 4yrs. It's now or never for us. So I hope u will all hear some awesome news soon :)

Yep it'll be our first baby!! We had been trying now for 4yrs. It's now or never for us. So I hope u will all hear some awesome news soon :)

Good luck Bec can't wait to hear good news.

That's awesome Bec and you look great!

I never stopped drinking coffee either.

Hi I am due to be sleeved on 29 April and live in victoria near Geelong great website

Hi angel_ina ,

I hope everything goes well for you on the 29th April.

That will be my one year anniversary, and if you have as easy a time as I have had then you will be smiling from ear to ear like I am these days.

All the Best for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery.

Michele :)