Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Good luck Ausmith and your husband! The heparin injections really aren't a problem. You may hit a vein by accident and get a huge bruise but it isn't anything to worry about.

We are now in Lake Tyres, having left Canberra last night. On our way to Melbourne today and for the next four nights! I've been faithful with my running and have not had any problems with food. I've had several glasses of wine so far and even had some thin pizza and some nachos. The running covers a multitude of sins as I have been negative on overall calories most days! We are doing a ton of walking too. My shorts I bought for this trip (size 16) are falling off. Thank goodness for drawstrings. Hard to believe I was 5 months post-op on the 14th!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as a member but have been reading up on all of your journeys for the last few weeks. I made the decision to explore surgery recently, got a referral from my GP and made the appointment to see the surgeon about a month ago. Originally when I made the appt to see the surgeon (next week Oct 28th) the receptionist suggested I book a surgery date for the earliest place available which was February.....but they have called today's and asked if I would be interested to bring forward the surgery to mid-November.

So I'm kind if excited but also got a bit scared as as well! Does anyone have any great advice on questions I need to ask the surgeon for Monday?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as a member but have been reading up on all of your journeys for the last few weeks. I made the decision to explore surgery recently, got a referral from my GP and made the appointment to see the surgeon about a month ago. Originally when I made the appt to see the surgeon (next week Oct 28th) the receptionist suggested I book a surgery date for the earliest place available which was February.....but they have called today's and asked if I would be interested to bring forward the surgery to mid-November.

So I'm kind if excited but also got a bit scared as as well! Does anyone have any great advice on questions I need to ask the surgeon for Monday?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kaz wow that is exciting, where are you located? Make sure you have a clear understanding of the pre and post op diet program as all Dr seem to be a bit different in what they want you to do. Apart from that you probably have most of your info from the research you have done. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as a member but have been reading up on all of your journeys for the last few weeks. I made the decision to explore surgery recently' date=' got a referral from my GP and made the appointment to see the surgeon about a month ago. Originally when I made the appt to see the surgeon (next week Oct 28th) the receptionist suggested I book a surgery date for the earliest place available which was February.....but they have called today's and asked if I would be interested to bring forward the surgery to mid-November. So I'm kind if excited but also got a bit scared as as well! Does anyone have any great advice on questions I need to ask the surgeon for Monday? Thanks in advance![/quote'] Welcome Kaz. Where are you based and who is your surgeon? Not sure about questions at your first appt. I can't remember back to mine more than a year ago. Probably depends on your medical history and no doubt surgeon will lead the conversation. I suggest you do as much research about the sleeve as possible in advance and this may prompt you to ask some questions. You will want to ask what pre op regime they wish you to follow and what psychologist and dietician appts plus blood tests you will need prior to surgery. Good luck.

Thanks Kelliv and Merry. I'm in Brisbane (southside) seeing Dr Greeenslade. I think I just got a bit of a shock when the date for surgery was brought forward prior to seeing the dr for the first time! I've talked to someone today who has been thru this process who reminded me of the reasons why I chose to explore this option originally! Feeling much better now! Looking forward to more info after Monday but assuming I'd need to start pre-op diet straight away!

Thanks Kelliv and Merry. I'm in Brisbane (southside) seeing Dr Greeenslade. I think I just got a bit of a shock when the date for surgery was brought forward prior to seeing the dr for the first time! I've talked to someone today who has been thru this process who reminded me of the reasons why I chose to explore this option originally! Feeling much better now! Looking forward to more info after Monday but assuming I'd need to start pre-op diet straight away!
Kaz. Mine all happened fairly quickly once I made up my mind and I am so glad the waiting time did not drag on. For me it was the sooner the better and I am so glad I had this surgery.

Had my op on 21st and went ok. Still in hospital with drain in and feeling nauseous and pain. Just on sips of Water when taking my usual meds. Vomited this morning which was horrible. So glad I'm on the other side of this journey though.

Had my op on 21st and went ok. Still in hospital with drain in and feeling nauseous and pain. Just on sips of Water when taking my usual meds. Vomited this morning which was horrible. So glad I'm on the other side of this journey though.
Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. I am sure the doctor and nurses have advised you to try and avoid vomiting if at all possible during this early period as you don't want to dislodge staples. I had a drain in for 3 days and am glad I did as I thunk my recovery was a lot better afterwards without all of that Fluid in my stomach. i don't know why more doctors don't do it. Take it easy and enjoy the ride down.

Glad all went well sorry to hear about the vomiting I didn't nexperience that but I am sure it must be horrible. Hopefully things will only improve from now on, hang in there and know that there are better times ahead Missy.

Kaz mine was also very quick three weeks from 1st appt to surgery, but I think that was good, I had done a fair bit of research before hand and was so glad I didn't have to wait to long good luck with you appt on Monday, let us know how it goes.

Missy Moo, glad to hear everything is going well for you. You should be home soon recovering in comfort. Take it easy!

Welcome Kaz!!! My niece's mum has been done by Dr Greenslade. She had a bypass 20 odd years ago and he just reverted it to a sleeve. I've heard lots of good things about Justin Greenslade. When I went for my appointment with my dr I googled questions to ask lol. But my Dr asked them before I asked haha. As Kelliv and Merry said, ask about pre op and post op regimes.

I'm on the southside at Mount Gravatt so if u want to meet up and have a chat that's good with me :)

Good luck on Monday and let us know how u go

Bec

Good to see u on the sleeved side!!! It should all quieten down soon enough. Just keep doing what ur Dr has told u and u'll be ok

hi missy moo - it gets better every day so hang in there!

Hi all- it's been a while since I have posted. I have been struggling this past week. I am struggling in the heat to eat enough and am finding that when I do eat it's going right through me (sorry if that was TMI).

My question is has anyone else struggled with this and what can I do as my energy levels are really low and I am dizzy quite a lot - plus the stomach pains after I eat until it goes through me are pretty awful. I can't have shakes etc as they go through me too.

I am only eating steamed green veggies and grilled chicken or fish- keeping it simple but it still doesn't stay down. Yesterday I managed to eat less than 200 cal and today's about the same. This is not at all my intent but I just can't keep much besides Water down easily. I am getting over gastro from last week too so maybe it's related.

I have not consulted a dietician but am planning on doing so soon but anything I can try in the interim would be great :)

Thanks!!! Cheers Liss