Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I live not far from Parramatta so can easily meet up with you there or could even meet up with you and we could travel into the city from there to meet up with everyone else - we could even catch the river cat which would be a nice trip for you down the river and then into the harbour!

That would be great Sue!!!

Sue what are the dates again for the Sydney get together?
Hey there - it's the 10th, 11th or 12th of November Kelli. Hope to see you there!!!

Edited by Lissa S

I don't think the word friends should be used in this sweetie lol !!

Was going to say we have been through thick n thin together........ha but but she has been a good friend for over 20 years and been there for me during a family tragedy lots of bad days & good days so I hope it will sort itself out. I just don't mention weight loss food etc.

Was going to say we have been through thick n thin together........ha but but she has been a good friend for over 20 years and been there for me during a family tragedy lots of bad days & good days so I hope it will sort itself out. I just don't mention weight loss food etc.
It's difficult. I have an almost exact same situation with my friend of 25 years. She has not supported my decision to have weight loss surgery since day one and we never discuss it. It's like a giant elephant in the room. She is still large and struggling with her weight, but she can't be happy with me for my results. We have also been business partners for the past 18 months and are in the process of going our separate ways as our relationship has now completely broken down. I have more confidence and respect for myself now than I used to and I have decided I don't have to put up with her putting me down to make herself feel superior. I have accepted a job on the Gold Coast starting in December and have suggested she buy me out of our company. Our friendship has changed irretrievably and. I am starting to think that even the best friendships may have an expiry date.I hope your friend changes her attitude and if she doesn't then life goes on.

It's difficult. I have an almost exact same situation with my friend of 25 years. She has not supported my decision to have weight loss surgery since day one and we never discuss it. It's like a giant elephant in the room. She is still large and struggling with her weight, but she can't be happy with me for my results. We have also been business partners for the past 18 months and are in the process of going our separate ways as our relationship has now completely broken down. I have more confidence and respect for myself now than I used to and I have decided I don't have to put up with her putting me down to make herself feel superior. I have accepted a job on the Gold Coast starting in December and have suggested she buy me out of our company. Our friendship has changed irretrievably and. I am starting to think that even the best friendships may have an expiry date.I hope your friend changes her attitude and if she doesn't then life goes on.

A true friend only ever holds you up, never back.

It's difficult. I have an almost exact same situation with my friend of 25 years. She has not supported my decision to have weight loss surgery since day one and we never discuss it. It's like a giant elephant in the room. She is still large and struggling with her weight' date=' but she can't be happy with me for my results. We have also been business partners for the past 18 months and are in the process of going our separate ways as our relationship has now completely broken down. I have more confidence and respect for myself now than I used to and I have decided I don't have to put up with her putting me down to make herself feel superior. I have accepted a job on the Gold Coast starting in December and have suggested she buy me out of our company. Our friendship has changed irretrievably and. I am starting to think that even the best friendships may have an expiry date.I hope your friend changes her attitude and if she doesn't then life goes on.[/quote']

Thanks for your advice, I think you are right about the confidence & respect aspect. My "friend" sounds just like yours it's just something that happens it also can happen when a new partner comes on the scene too. Oh we'll I will just see what happens but I just know I feel great & am so happy I had the sleeve. Only have 4 /5 k left to get to my goal weight!!!!

Friendships are funny things - over the years I have learned that they can drift apart at some points in your life and then years later you can drift back together again... so Kazza and Kelli don't give up on your friendships ...just put them on the back burner for a while and I can almost guarantee you will reconnect at some point!

Getting the sleeve is a game changer not only for us but for all the people around us...it makes people reexamine not only their weight issues but all sorts of issues in their lives as they look at you and see what a brave, drastic, determined way you were prepared to change yours! Some people just find it too confronting.

Hey Liss - do you think I would make a good physiologist - ha ha!

Anyway, I am not in a situation where I have lost any friendships (yet!) but where I have actually rekindled friendships that I had tended to neglect as I just didn't want to participate - I didn't want my friends to see how big I had got and that I was getting bigger every year. Now of course I can't wait for them to see how bloody fantastic I look!

I think some friends find it surreal as I do too, as I have lots of comments about how I am almost unrecognisable (and I don't think they are just referring to appearance!)

Anyway, it would be fantastic if you could make it down Kelli for our Sydney get together!

Who else would like to meet up - the more the merrier!

Hey there - it's the 10th' date=' 11th or 12th of November Kelli. Hope to see you there!!![/quote']

The 10th or 11th during the day or evening , or on the 12th in the evening suits me. The Sunday (10th) would be good as most people, hopefully, could at least catch up for a quick coffee in the city somewhere!

The 10th or 11th during the day or evening ' date=' or on the 12th in the evening suits me. The Sunday (10th) would be good as most people, hopefully, could at least catch up for a quick coffee in the city somewhere![/quote'] I am planning to be there, although I am meant to be in Brisbane on the Sunday for a friends surprise birthday party. If Sunday suits everyone else I can be there, but if it's only a couple of us and we are available on the Monday or Tuesday then that would be my preference. In Brisbane when we've arranged these get togethers in the past year it's usually only ended up being 3 or 4 of us attending. Hopefully in Sydney we will see a few more.

I am planning to be there' date=' although I am meant to be in Brisbane on the Sunday for a friends surprise birthday party. If Sunday suits everyone else I can be there, but if it's only a couple of us and we are available on the Monday or Tuesday then that would be my preference. In Brisbane when we've arranged these get togethers in the past year it's usually only ended up being 3 or 4 of us attending. Hopefully in Sydney we will see a few more.[/quote']

Monday would be great for me too - anybody else got any ideas. Last time it only ended up myself and Aussiegirl so if it does end up only the three of us then Monday could be a date!

Please - any other Sydneysiders let us know what you think?

Monday would be great for me too - anybody else got any ideas. Last time it only ended up myself and Aussiegirl so if it does end up only the three of us then Monday could be a date! Please - any other Sydneysiders let us know what you think?
Let's aim for Monday evening if that suits you and Lissa and hopefully others will be a available to join us.

Friendships are funny things - over the years I have learned that they can drift apart at some points in your life and then years later you can drift back together again... so Kazza and Kelli don't give up on your friendships ...just put them on the back burner for a while and I can almost guarantee you will reconnect at some point! Getting the sleeve is a game changer not only for us but for all the people around us...it makes people reexamine not only their weight issues but all sorts of issues in their lives as they look at you and see what a brave' date=' drastic, determined way you were prepared to change yours! Some people just find it too confronting. Hey Liss - do you think I would make a good physiologist - ha ha! Anyway, I am not in a situation where I have lost any friendships (yet!) but where I have actually rekindled friendships that I had tended to neglect as I just didn't want to participate - I didn't want my friends to see how big I had got and that I was getting bigger every year. Now of course I can't wait for them to see how bloody fantastic I look! I think some friends find it surreal as I do too, as I have lots of comments about how I am almost unrecognisable (and I don't think they are just referring to appearance!) Anyway, it would be fantastic if you could make it down Kelli for our Sydney get together! Who else would like to meet up - the more the merrier! [/quote']

You sound like one of us already!! :)

Let's aim for Monday evening if that suits you and Lissa and hopefully others will be a available to join us.

The Monday would be great for me!! I will be at training at the Institute of Psychiatry (@Concord Hospital) until about 5 but am free as a bird after that!

How are all the Aussies going anyways?? Glad to see people meeting up :-)