Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

My surgery went well. It only hurts when I cough. Woohoo for pain killers!
Well done. Now the real fun begins! Enjoy the ride down to a slimmer healthier you

My family is complaining that I am like a reformed smoker as I can't believe how much everyone eats and they are not big people. I have to stop commenting as I know I used to do what they still do. Anyone else experience this and any tips on best way to handle?

I do! It's tough. I just try to keep it to myself but I often slip up.

My family is complaining that I am like a reformed smoker as I can't believe how much everyone eats and they are not big people. I have to stop commenting as I know I used to do what they still do. Anyone else experience this and any tips on best way to handle?

That's why I'm so glad we are both having the surgery. I'm sure we both would have been exactly like reformed smokers ha ha

Milked-down yogurt is a good option for the liquid phase. Also chicken stock' date=' beef stock, bonox, Vegemite in Water etc. Salty things to balance out all the sweet stuff. You can stir plain Protein powder into things. Just don't put it into anything too hot or it will curdle. I found that alternating hot and cold helped too.[/quote']

Thanks found mixing hot and cold working for me too!

This made me laugh. I think we forget quite quickly how much a normal stomach can hold. I never used to notice what or how much other people ate. I do now though. I never make a comment, I think that's the easiest way. Just ignore it.

It helps me to remember how much I hated it when people commented on how much or what I was eating. It was none of their business. Now I just tell myself that too. If it's a poor choice they probably know it is and feel guilty already. Feeling guilty never helped me get healthier.

OMG Kelli I totally get that! I have had to stop talking about that too- it's hard though, particularly when the same people are very quick to point out how little I am eating - double standard much???

I know what you mean. I have just returned from 4 weeks in the UK & Italy traveling with 3 friends & I can't believe what they ate (geez I am such a cow as before my sleeve I was the same) one of them is slim another a little overweight but the other one is obese, she kept encouraging me to have desert, chocolates etc....but funniest thing was the photos .

as I am a fir bit taller that her, she always got me to stand down a couple of steps in front of her then she semi hid behind me, hence the result was that i looked bigger than her even though I'm at least 35k lighter &12/14m taller, I didn't say anything just laughed. I I looked slim in any of them she quickly deleted those but had the cheek to post me looking fat on her face book page !!!! I also ha d big birthday while we away & my present was a album of our previous trips with me looking huge, it was all,a big sad really as this is one of my long time friends that told me I was lazy & that I took the easy way out.

The best part was I did have yummy pastries, deserts & lots of Belgium chocolate & came home 2k lighter !!!!!!! Yay.

I hope if any of you lovely people get to Perth we can have a meet, maybe we should plan a national meet some time.

I know what you mean. I have just returned from 4 weeks in the UK & Italy traveling with 3 friends & I can't believe what they ate (geez I am such a cow as before my sleeve I was the same) one of them is slim another a little overweight but the other one is obese' date=' she kept encouraging me to have desert, chocolates etc....but funniest thing was the photos . as I am a fir bit taller that her, she always got me to stand down a couple of steps in front of her then she semi hid behind me, hence the result was that i looked bigger than her even though I'm at least 35k lighter &12/14m taller, I didn't say anything just laughed. I I looked slim in any of them she quickly deleted those but had the cheek to post me looking fat on her face book page !!!! I also ha d big birthday while we away & my present was a album of our previous trips with me looking huge, it was all,a big sad really as this is one of my long time friends that told me I was lazy & that I took the easy way out. The best part was I did have yummy pastries, deserts & lots of Belgium chocolate & came home 2k lighter !!!!!!! Yay. I hope if any of you lovely people get to Perth we can have a meet, maybe we should plan a national meet some time. [/quote'] This is classic. I know exactly what you mean and in am sure it will resonate with many of us. Congrats on losing another 2 kilos on holidays. All that walking site seeing was worth it!

I know what you mean. I have just returned from 4 weeks in the UK & Italy traveling with 3 friends & I can't believe what they ate (geez I am such a cow as before my sleeve I was the same) one of them is slim another a little overweight but the other one is obese' date=' she kept encouraging me to have desert, chocolates etc....but funniest thing was the photos . as I am a fir bit taller that her, she always got me to stand down a couple of steps in front of her then she semi hid behind me, hence the result was that i looked bigger than her even though I'm at least 35k lighter &12/14m taller, I didn't say anything just laughed. I I looked slim in any of them she quickly deleted those but had the cheek to post me looking fat on her face book page !!!! I also ha d big birthday while we away & my present was a album of our previous trips with me looking huge, it was all,a big sad really as this is one of my long time friends that told me I was lazy & that I took the easy way out. The best part was I did have yummy pastries, deserts & lots of Belgium chocolate & came home 2k lighter !!!!!!! Yay. I hope if any of you lovely people get to Perth we can have a meet, maybe we should plan a national meet some time. [/quote']

This girl is not your friend! You have obviously grown beyond her. It happens sometimes. The hardest thing is to move on from people like this. You could try talking to her about it but you will have to decide whether she is worth the angst and effort. Be aware that she may hold you back without you realising, just a little advice you can take or leave. LOL.

We are off for our 3-week road trip to Melbourne! Everyone take care. I will probably check in a few times and read what you're all up to. The plan is to eat sensibly, stick to the running plan, and have a ton of fun! I already realized I forgot my fitbit so I won't get credit for my steps but that's ok.

We are off for our 3-week road trip to Melbourne! Everyone take care. I will probably check in a few times and read what you're all up to. The plan is to eat sensibly' date=' stick to the running plan, and have a ton of fun! I already realized I forgot my fitbit so I won't get credit for my steps but that's ok.[/quote']

Have a great trip Misty.

Hi everyone

I am new to this site and all things sleeving in general. Since my decision to have this surgery, things are moving very fast. I am excited, but also nervous - partly because only three people in my little world know what I am about to undertake. I haven't told any friends and as I live in a very small community, am worried I will find it difficult to deflect attention to myself.

I am aware this isn't the easy road, I have many mixed emotions, but at the same time I have never felt more sure (or excited) about something in a long time.

I am booked in for surgery on Nov 20 with Dr Lockie. Has anyone had any recent experiences with him? I have only had my initial consult but will be having an online consult with him this week.

Any advice would be great. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think we might be able to chat and support each other.

P

Hi everyone I am new to this site and all things sleeving in general. Since my decision to have this surgery' date=' things are moving very fast. I am excited, but also nervous - partly because only three people in my little world know what I am about to undertake. I haven't told any friends and as I live in a very small community, am worried I will find it difficult to deflect attention to myself. I am aware this isn't the easy road, I have many mixed emotions, but at the same time I have never felt more sure (or excited) about something in a long time. I am booked in for surgery on Nov 20 with Dr Lockie. Has anyone had any recent experiences with him? I have only had my initial consult but will be having an online consult with him this week. Any advice would be great. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think we might be able to chat and support each other. P[/quote']Welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions as someone on the site will no doubt have experienced the same things and may have tips to share with you. In your case, it sounds like a sensible strategy to limit the number of people who know about the surgery as news spreads like wildfire in a small town and everyone will have an opinion good or bad regardless of whether you want to know what it is.