Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow guys!! Awesome posts!! Kelli I forgot crossing my legs on my list! It's the best isn't it!!!

Thanks for joining in guys- it's so great to share this with people who understand!!

Happy Friday!!

Thanks to everyone who shared how much your lives have changed post sleeve. I am at the beginning of my sleeve journey and I get frustrated that it seems slow; until a friend got me to hold 20 kg of Dog food yesterday *I have lost 19 kg since 29/4/2013*' date=' and then I realised what I have achieved so far. I have at least another 30 kg to lose, however, I have taken the first steps and that feels great.

Thanks again to the 'veterans' for supporting and inspiring us.

Michele :)[/quote']

Go Shele!! That is a great loss in a short period of time!

Hey guys- so I am wanting to lose 10 kg in 10 weeks.

So I thought I would throw out a 10 week challenge to anyone interested.

Your challenge must obviously meet your current needs/ focus. For example...

I will exercise at least 3 days a week

I will meet my Protein requirement at least 6 days a week.

I will try a new thing each week

And on and on etc

A challenge is a personal thing but by throwing it out there it can help to make us accountable and motivate us in this cold weather :)

Any takers???

Hey guys- so I am wanting to lose 10 kg in 10 weeks.

So I thought I would throw out a 10 week challenge to anyone interested.

Your challenge must obviously meet your current needs/ focus. For example...

I will exercise at least 3 days a week

I will meet my Protein requirement at least 6 days a week.

I will try a new thing each week

And on and on etc

A challenge is a personal thing but by throwing it out there it can help to make us accountable and motivate us in this cold weather :)

Any takers???

Sure Liss I will join you.

I may make mine 8kgs in 10 weeks (tho I think I may have an upper hand on that, as the surgery will remove about 5 kgs of skin).

So in the next 5 weeks (pre-surgery) I will:

- Exercise atleast 5 times a week (been hard lately as have been working really long hours)

- Eat atleast one piece of fruit a day

- I will have 2 days a week that I dont eat meat (to try get my nutrients up and best be able to recover from my plastics surgery)

- Separate to the work outs will do 10 minutes of ab/core workouts a day (so that am even less likely to need muscle tightening)

- Give up alcohol post 31/7 til post 1/9

Yes Liss and aussiegirl, I will join you.

I commit to: continue the zero alcohol intake that I have been on for the last month;not 'sneak' in the easy foods like chocolate and ice cream while on puree (haven't succumbed yet but have been tempted-curse you Cadbury and Sara Lee- lol!); meet my daily 60g Protein intake; drink more fluids following the rules; not weigh myself daily and freak myself out; and start to stretch my arthritic joints regularly.

Don't want to put a weight loss goal if that is ok as I am going to be a slow loser.

Yes Liss and aussiegirl' date=' I will join you.

I commit to: continue the zero alcohol intake that I have been on for the last month;not 'sneak' in the easy foods like chocolate and ice cream while on puree (haven't succumbed yet but have been tempted-curse you Cadbury and Sara Lee- lol!); meet my daily 60g Protein intake; drink more fluids following the rules; not weigh myself daily and freak myself out; and start to stretch my arthritic joints regularly.

Don't want to put a weight loss goal if that is ok as I am going to be a slow loser.[/quote']

That is a brilliant goal!! It doesn't have to be weight related- just a goal you e struggled with and want to try to achieve or take steps to achieving in the next 10 weeks!! Welcome on board!!

Sure Liss I will join you.

I may make mine 8kgs in 10 weeks (tho I think I may have an upper hand on that' date=' as the surgery will remove about 5 kgs of skin).

So in the next 5 weeks (pre-surgery) I will:

- Exercise atleast 5 times a week (been hard lately as have been working really long hours)

- Eat atleast one piece of fruit a day

- I will have 2 days a week that I dont eat meat (to try get my nutrients up and best be able to recover from my plastics surgery)

- Separate to the work outs will do 10 minutes of ab/core workouts a day (so that am even less likely to need muscle tightening)

- Give up alcohol post 31/7 til post 1/9[/quote']

Awesome!! Glad to have you on board!! I propose we start from tomorrow morning and I will send out weekly updates/ reminders from there!!

I couldn't begin to start a list, because I don't know where it would end!

I like feeling fitter, stronger and faster.

I like having almost complete control over what I choose to eat. I think before surgery unless I was on a 'diet' I had no real control and thoughts of eating were all consuming at times.

I like the pride my family and kids have in my achievement.

I'm currently wearing 32 inch pants and medium shirts (and undies!). For a 6ft bloke I like the fact that I'm ahead of the pack. Having said that, I like the fact that generally I'm not comparing myself to others and am just enjoying being me.

I liked reading everyone else's 'likes'

Hope you're all well,

Deano

Oh I thought of another new like today- sexy night wear :) there isn't too much around that is cute and sexy when you're pushing a size 26... Bought some lovely things today in a size 12!!!

That just never gets old :)

Oh I thought of another new like today- sexy night wear :) there isn't too much around that is cute and sexy when you're pushing a size 26... Bought some lovely things today in a size 12!!!

That just never gets old :)

I know the feeling Lissa. I bought 4 new skivvies today in SMALL! Never thought I'd see the day. Thrilled.

I know the feeling Lissa. I bought 4 new skivvies today in SMALL! Never thought I'd see the day. Thrilled.

That is brilliant Kelli!! It's such an awesome feeling!!

I haven't hit a small yet but am looking forward to when I can!!

I will join you in the challenge. My goals are:

Achieve 500 calories x 2 days per week and 800 calories on the other 5 days

Exercise at least 3 times every week

Drink at least 1.5lt of Water every day

Track my eating every day

Reach my doctors goal weight of 70kg (currently I am 75)

I will join you in the challenge. My goals are:

Achieve 500 calories x 2 days per week and 800 calories on the other 5 days

Exercise at least 3 times every week

Drink at least 1.5lt of Water every day

Track my eating every day

Reach my doctors goal weight of 70kg (currently I am 75)

Brilliant Kelli!! Welcome on board!! Love your goals! Today is day 1 week 1!

Day 1 week 1: 10 week challenge

Hello to all!! Thanks to everyone who is joining me on the 10 week challenge! I love hearing about your goals!

My goals for the 10 weeks are:

To ensure that my calorie intake is over 500 calories every day

To exercise 5 days per week- weights and yoga

To increase my running every time I go out which should be at least twice per week

Desired outcome: 10 kg lost over the challenge

Can run 1.5km by end of the challenge

Improved flexibility and strength by the end of the challenge

How?

Planning! Yoga in the morning every work day, longer strength training session in the evening

Running on the weekend (weather permitting)- will substitute yoga if weather is poor- no strength training on weekends

I will cook and freeze meals this weekend for lunches and dinner to help with calorie intake/ nutrition

Reward:

Pamper day at spa- facial, massage etc

What about you guys?

Cheers Liss