Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Cath' date=' how is the back pain?

Brendan, it will good luck :)

So state of origin tonight...I am sorry to all my QLD friends but you will be feeling a bit of shame tomorrow :)

I have no idea about football at all but need to support my team and throw is some good ole sporting sledging :)

Go the Blues!!![/quote']

Did you say that the past 8 years! ;)

Hi everyone!!!!

Well I came home at 1.30 today. I had a great sleep and have been slowly eating some custard and feeling good. Just learning to eat slowly and knowing when to stop. I had a problem the first day with one of the meds so after my blood pressure spiked the second time they stopped it.

I'm just feeling bruised now. The gas pains are finally going (thank god) yesterday was real bad with them. But it was only in the tummy/back areas not the shoulder.

Anyway I think that's enough from me!!

Oh and Go QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!

Well I came home at 1.30 today. I had a great sleep and have been slowly eating some custard and feeling good. Just learning to eat slowly and knowing when to stop. I had a problem the first day with one of the meds so after my blood pressure spiked the second time they stopped it.

I'm just feeling bruised now. The gas pains are finally going (thank god) yesterday was real bad with them. But it was only in the tummy/back areas not the shoulder.

Oh Yay so glad you are ok and everything is fine . :)

Hi everyone!!!!

Great news Bec, but what's happened to Queensland in the first half???

Great news Bec' date=' but what's happened to Queensland in the first half???[/quote']

GO THE BLUES!!!!

Great news Bec' date=' but what's happened to Queensland in the first half???[/quote']

I know right!!!! I didn't think it'd be a white wash this year. But NSW are starting to slow down and lay all over QLD!!

Ugh I have already noticed I am using food for entertainment again! I got busy at worn and skipped morning snack. That made me feel like I "deserved" a treat after dinner. I had a tbsp of smooth Peanut Butter and one of those Soleil Desserts. Yes I journaled it and yes I was under 900 calories for the day, but it was not a wise choice! I got less than 50 g of Protein today. I should have had a shake for dessert. I know I'm bored alone in my house and food is what I have always done. I also noticed how much entertainment I seem to need. Eating, reading on the iPad, and watching TV all at once. Don't normal people do one of those at a time!? I feel like a wacko. Mostly I feel like if I am already eating crap, how am I going to stay on the straight and narrow?

Bring on June 11 when my husband comes home and I can start soft foods.

Ugh I really hate coming on here and whinging! I am a perfectionist and I have a hard time admitting it when I am blowing it.

Ugh I have already noticed I am using food for entertainment again! I got busy at worn and skipped morning snack. That made me feel like I "deserved" a treat after dinner. I had a tbsp of smooth Peanut Butter and one of those Soleil Desserts. Yes I journaled it and yes I was under 900 calories for the day' date=' but it was not a wise choice! I got less than 50 g of Protein today. I should have had a shake for dessert. I know I'm bored alone in my house and food is what I have always done. I also noticed how much entertainment I seem to need. Eating, reading on the iPad, and watching TV all at once. Don't normal people do one of those at a time!? I feel like a wacko. Mostly I feel like if I am already eating crap, how am I going to stay on the straight and narrow?

Ugh I really hate coming on here and whinging! I am a perfectionist and I have a hard time admitting it when I am blowing it.[/quote']

Ur not blowing it Misty! One little slip does not mean disaster!!! Have faith in yourself. U can do this!

In regards to technology I watch tv, while on the laptop and my phone!!! It is pathetic, but I just like to think I'm really good at multi-tasking!

Thank you for the support. Tomorrow is another day!

Hi Misty- I think we all struggle with this. A few things- first you have quickly identified that this is an issue for you. That is great! But you need to develop strategies to manage this. Some things I am using include: drinking Water with lime etc and lots of ice, a big glass (200 ml) which usually means I any eat for quite a while anyway. I then try to follow this with a distraction - at the moment it is scrabble on my iPhone :) or yoga (although I can only do about 10 mins of that at a time lol). To help motivate me I might look at clothes online (birdsnest is brilliant and I just got the cutest dress lol- pics to follow). Whatever works for you- the cognitive trick is to STOP, think about your options and make a choice (& OWN that choice, good or "bad").

With the perfectionism - start thinking about where this has gotten you. I have no doubt that it helps drive you to excellence which is great!! But when it gets a bit out of control it can be debilitating and no doubt contributes to some of your "failures". I know that for me, my perfectionism gets out of control and I put ridiculous expectations on myself that I can never meet- I realised that there was a function to that behaviour. It meant I always had an "out" cause there was no way I could follow through with my expectation (self-sabotage in other words). I find this is the biggest thing I have tried to change post surgery.

I am still making mistakes. I get quite stressed at work and go too long without eating (I haven't eaten more than half a banana in two days) which is no good for my health or recovery I know and doesn't help with weight loss cause my body goes into "shock" and I hardly lose a thing. So managing my stress better is paramount. It feeds into the perfectionism too which is my challenge right now. So know that we all have our demons :)

Good luck!! Cheers Liss

Really wise words. Thanks Lissa!

Ugh I have already noticed I am using food for entertainment again! I got busy at worn and skipped morning snack. That made me feel like I "deserved" a treat after dinner. I had a tbsp of smooth Peanut Butter and one of those Soleil Desserts. Yes I journaled it and yes I was under 900 calories for the day, but it was not a wise choice! I got less than 50 g of Protein today. I should have had a shake for dessert. I know I'm bored alone in my house and food is what I have always done. I also noticed how much entertainment I seem to need. Eating, reading on the iPad, and watching TV all at once. Don't normal people do one of those at a time!? I feel like a wacko. Mostly I feel like if I am already eating crap, how am I going to stay on the straight and narrow?

Ugh I really hate coming on here and whinging! I am a perfectionist and I have a hard time admitting it when I am blowing it.

Misty I have some perfectionist traits and I'm a bit of a black and white thinker. For me, in the past, that was part of my problem. I was either being 'good' or being 'bad'.

Now a make 95% good choices and I don't beat myself up about the 5%. Often I'm happy to on occasion indulge.

Best advice I can give is to learn and improve every day on this journey there has to be some minor mistakes to learn from :)

The old me used to say 'well you've ^%$ed today, you may as well go off the rails' or 'you've ^%$ed this week, you may as well go nuts'

Taking a step back, what I've noticed is 'normal people' have occasional indulgences, planned or unplanned, then they modify what they eat the rest of the day, or following days accordingly ....... and they don't beat themselves up like I (used) to.