Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Misty, they sell it online or through a small hole in the wall espresso shop in Sandgate

www.budanbeans.com.au

She's down at the coffee convention in Melbourne for 4 days from Thursday. I'll hate to see the state of the house when she gets back ........ the kids and I get a bit freestyle while she's away!!

D

Oh my god you guys! I lost 4.5 kg this week. I am in SHOCK!

Also an NSV. I have had lymphedema in my shins since a long plane trip I took in 2008. That means swelling that you can press your finger into and a mark stays for a while' date=' like putty. It's weird. Anyway compression stockings would temporarily take it away but I never bothered wearing them because hello, ugly! And even though it was weird it didn't hurt or anything. Well it is GONE! I can feel my shin bones! Not sure why it is gone but it is.

Also my blood sugar is still holding steady at 4.9. This is considered "high normal". If it sticks around for 3 months my A1C will also be high normal and I will basically be non-diabetic![/quote']

WOW! Misty, that is awesome news. So happy for u!

Congrats Misty! That's brilliant!

WOW Misty that is fantastic!!!

I'm still going strong with the pre-op day 2 was better and I hope day 3 is even better still. I go and see me Dr today for a last check up before surgery monday week. Then I get to pay for my sleeve this Friday!!! It's becoming VERY real! Kinda getting more nervous but still VERY excited to start my new and healthy life. I have told everyone I'm having this done and their all behind me which is fantastic! Only my sister is funny about it, but we all think she is a bit green! Lol. So I just don't talk to her about it.

Keep up the great work everyone. Oh Brendan, I have been going through the same mind problems but everything I read from here puts me to rest. I know it's hard but just think, u'll live a longer and healthier life!!!

Bec I'm glad you are doing well. If you start to struggle, we will cheer you on!

I found out something re the Optislim shakes. I had not really been measuring the Water. Remember I was on Optifast for a year. I hated the shakes so I would make them up as thick as I could stand so they would go down faster. Well, ow I can't have thick stuff and I can't drink fast no matter what. So I thought I was making them up properly because it was thinner than the Optifast. Well yesterday I actually measured out the Water and it was quite a bit more than I had been using. The powder dissolved completely and the shake was more like chocolate milk, and a lot easier to take. Lesson learned.

Also, my dietitian told me to stop the Benefiber and only start it again when I had a few days diarrhea-free. He said right now it would just make it worse. I was kind of thinking it would help fix things so I have been taking it religiously. Oops. Always learning!

We also talked about the purée stage, which I can start next Tuesday. I am to eat 6 times a day, 1/2 cup each time. Breakfast can be porridge made up with milk. All the other meals need to be a purée with the following proportions: half meat, half other stuff, with enough sauce to make a nice purée with no chunks that I can eat with a fork. He said don't worry about the calories. I can use creamy sauces or cheese, as well as other types. He recommends I make up 3-4 things that taste totally different and freeze them in half-cup serves. He said I should be aiming for at least 100g of proper meat (as opposed to Protein grams) over the course of a day. I am still to drink one shake a day, not as a Meal Replacement but as a drink between meals. It should take me an hour to drink a cup of Fluid. That means I have to really slow down. Right now it takes about 40 minutes, less if I'm thirsty.

Misty I missed that loss you had - that's awesome.

And so it begins, the landslide on the scale!!

I have had a couple of small victories this week, my BMI has dropped 4 BMI points since surgery and I ate my first piece of steak last night. One of my great fears pre op was that I wouldn't be able to eat steak, so now I know it's not a problem.

Well done Bec on the Optifast, I can't even look at Opti any more, so keep up the good work.

Misty, congrats on your achievements.

Best Wishes

Michele.

I have had a couple of small victories this week' date=' my BMI has dropped 4 BMI points since surgery and I ate my first piece of steak last night. One of my great fears pre op was that I wouldn't be able to eat steak, so now I know it's not a problem.

Well done Bec on the Optifast, I can't even look at Opti any more, so keep up the good work.

Best Wishes

Michele.[/quote']

Congratulations on your NSVs! I bet you feel so much more energetic already with your lower BMI. I also bet that steak tasted wonderful.

I found a yummy treat, guys! chocolate pudding. I made up a batch of custard from the boxed powder a few days ago. I measured out 1/2 cup and put it in the food processor with 2 tbsp Protein Powder, 2 tbsp of Cadbury unsweetened cocoa powder, and a tiny pinch of salt. It's nice and creamy, not too thick, really chocolatey but not overly sweet. It's a really nice change. Having it for lunch. 14 grams of Protein from the powder and 4 from the cocoa!

I have had a couple of small victories this week' date=' my BMI has dropped 4 BMI points since surgery and I ate my first piece of steak last night. One of my great fears pre op was that I wouldn't be able to eat steak, so now I know it's not a problem.

Best Wishes

Michele.[/quote']

Woohoooo!!! Congrats. It's great to see the BMI go down. I forgot how many weeks out are u now? Steak was one of my concerns too. So that's great u can eat it!

I'm only able to drink the strawberry Opti but I so can't wait till post-op as I can have other Protein drinks.

I just paid for my surgery about 20mins ago!!! OMG it's really happening haha

I just paid for my surgery about 20mins ago!!! OMG it's really happening haha

I remember how excited that made me! Congratulations.

You will still have some extra costs. Just so you aren't surprised:

- anesthetist

- blood test before surgery

- swallow test after surgery

- any meds you have prescribed to you in hospital to take home

When do you do the pre-admit for the hospital?

I remember how excited that made me! Congratulations.

You will still have some extra costs. Just so you aren't surprised:

- anesthetist

- blood test before surgery

- swallow test after surgery

- any meds you have prescribed to you in hospital to take home

When do you do the pre-admit for the hospital?

Thanks! I've got tge anesthetist bill. My Dr doesn't do the swallow test unless he thinks it's needed but he doesn't charge extra which is great and my health insurance covers the meds etc which helps too. But thanks though

I have my pre-admit next Wednesday. I'm so excited

Best Wishes

Michele.[/quote']

Michele, I still struggle with beef steak and fund it's harder to digest, but I did have a very tender Wagu steak last week and it went down pretty well. I did share it with my husband but still managed to eat about 100gms.

Here is my PSA and rant for the day....especially for newbie sleevers.....be prepared you are going to feel the cold a lot more as you loose the weight, its freezing!!! Rug up :)

Here is my PSA and rant for the day....especially for newbie sleevers.....be prepared you are going to feel the cold a lot more as you loose the weight' date=' its freezing!!! Rug up :)[/quote']

OMG so true!! I FREEZE these days! I am now that annoying person who wears their jumper at work all day and still ask people if they are SURE they don't want to turn the heater up :)