Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Side note: watching joe hockey on the project tonight, he looks A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone experienced massive amounts of hair loss in particular in the shower whilst combing your hair? I am getting married in 3 weeks and I can't stop it from falling out. Taking my Multivitamins. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there,

I am coming up to 7 months out and have lost most of my thickness and length, it's like fairy floss and still snapping, my surgeon said to take silica and I spend a fortune on hair products and Vitamins but my surgeon said if its going to happen its going to happen but it will grow back. In my pic I have a hair piece in and it does the trick.

Lilly

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on this thread for their continued weightloss!

Quick update for me... I'm now 5 weeks post op and had to have my gall bladder removed last Friday :( The rapid weightloss and drastic change in diet set off a really bad gall attack last Monday. All good now, on the road to recovery... Again!!!

My weight at the beginning of the pre op diet was 113.9kg, now 5 weeks post op I am 97.6kg, so very very happy and excited! Everyone that I've told about my surgery has been really supportive, especially old school friends who know how long I have struggled with my weight. I love not feeling hungry and I love not having chocolate cravings anymore! I love love love my sleeve!!

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on this thread for their continued weightloss!

Quick update for me... I'm now 5 weeks post op and had to have my gall bladder removed last Friday :( The rapid weightloss and drastic change in diet set off a really bad gall attack last Monday. All good now, on the road to recovery... Again!!!

My weight at the beginning of the pre op diet was 113.9kg, now 5 weeks post op I am 97.6kg, so very very happy and excited! Everyone that I've told about my surgery has been really supportive, especially old school friends who know how long I have struggled with my weight. I love not feeling hungry and I love not having chocolate cravings anymore! I love love love my sleeve!!

That's great angiep,

I am 2 1/2 weeks post of and pretty happy with how I'm feeling and (all up) have lost 11 kg. Still have another week off work (yippee) and, although I could go back now, it is quite a stressful job so decided to take a full 4 weeks to make sure that I am fully recovered and a bit more energetic. Well done everyone!

I'm really struggling with the purée phase. I honestly do not know what I can eat or can't eat. I'm so confused as to when I should start looking at the nutritional info such as the sugar, fat and carb content so I'm thinking about getting some fresh veggies and steaming them then turning them into mash as I too grossed out on the idea of blending chicken.< /p>

I ate home made pea and ham Soup in the purée phase, and cup-a-soups. I didn't bother checking nutritional info until I was on full solids. You'll be eating so little and your body is recovering, but if there was a "low salt" or "low carb" version of anything I wanted, I opted for that one.

I'm really struggling with the purée phase. I honestly do not know what I can eat or can't eat. I'm so confused as to when I should start looking at the nutritional info such as the sugar' date=' fat and carb content so I'm thinking about getting some fresh veggies and steaming them then turning them into mash as I too grossed out on the idea of blending chicken.[/quote']

Hi mini me 23 - here is posting from a Fellow sleever on one of the other threads with some recipes for the purée stage - they are American but you may be able to adapt to your taste - some look tasty - I wouldn't worry too much about the nutrition yet as you will only be able to eat about 1/3 of a cup at a time anyway. Just use this phase as your starting to learn to eat again faze.

I LOVE to cook and am just wrapping up the pureed stage off my diet. Here are some of my favorite concoctions - enjoy!

Egg salad - couple eggs' date=' 1 tsp of mayo, 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper - puree until smooth

Buffalo chicken - can of chicken, 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tsp. of buffalo sauce, salt & pepper - puree until smooth - MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Squash casserole - 1 can of squash with vidalia onion, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp margarine/butter, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese - puree until smooth, pour into dish and microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly

Pintos and cheese - 1 can of Pintos with onion - puree until smooth, pour into dish and cover with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese - microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly - stir well to combine the cheese - optional: add a bit of enchilada sauce if you are looking for more flavor.

Lemon Ricotta Creme

Take one 15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese, add the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 packets of splenda - puree until smooth - AWESOME!!!!

You can do variations on this should you choose - substitue orange zest and 1 tbsp. of orange juice with orange extract or keep vanilla extract for a dreamsicle taste. chocolate ricotta creme is easy too by substituting 2 tbsp. cocoa powder instead of zest and juice, same vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten.

Perfect sweet tooth item instead of the same old pudding and/or jell-o and it has a high concentration of Protein due to the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!

Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower (tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, but very low carb!)

1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets

1 tsp butter/margarine

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth, pour into a casserole dish and top with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and microwave for 90 seconds - enjoy![/quote']

I'm really struggling with the purée phase. I honestly do not know what I can eat or can't eat. I'm so confused as to when I should start looking at the nutritional info such as the sugar' date=' fat and carb content so I'm thinking about getting some fresh veggies and steaming them then turning them into mash as I too grossed out on the idea of blending chicken.[/quote']

Hi Mini, I too struggled with the purée stage. Thick Soups of all kinds without lumps, yoghurt, custard, smoothies etc. I blended tuna or red salmon with cottage cheese which was yummy and hood Protein. I was advised by dietician not to worry about nutrition too much at this stage other than to try and get in some Protein. Are you seeing a dietician?

Quick update for me... I'm now 5 weeks post op and had to have my gall bladder removed last Friday :( The rapid weightloss and drastic change in diet set off a really bad gall attack last Monday. All good now' date=' on the road to recovery... Again!!!

My weight at the beginning of the pre op diet was 113.9kg, now 5 weeks post op I am 97.6kg, so very very happy and excited! Everyone that I've told about my surgery has been really supportive, especially old school friends who know how long I have struggled with my weight. I love not feeling hungry and I love not having chocolate cravings anymore! I love love love my sleeve!![/quote']

Hi Angie

We started at the exact weight 113.9 kilos I am seven month out now and down to 75 kilos, sounds like your doing well.

Lilly

Thanks puppyphat and sueoco for the support, you guys have helped me a lot throughout my journey and I really appreciate it. I have some cup of Soups in the cupboard so ill try having some tomorrow.

Hi Mini' date=' I too struggled with the purée stage. Thick soups of all kinds without lumps, yoghurt, custard, smoothies etc. I blended tuna or red salmon with cottage cheese which was yummy and hood Protein. I was advised by dietician not to worry about nutrition too much at this stage other than to try and get in some Protein. Are you seeing a dietician?[/quote']

I do have a dietician and I was told to watch my carb intake as we want our bodies to burn off the stored fat as energy but I'm not sure how much I should be eating since everything we eat has carbs.

Thanks puppyphat and sueoco for the support' date=' you guys have helped me a lot throughout my journey and I really appreciate it. I have some cup of Soups in the cupboard so ill try having some tomorrow.

I do have a dietician and I was told to watch my carb intake as we want our bodies to burn off the stored fat as energy but I'm not sure how much I should be eating since everything we eat has carbs.[/quote']

It would be beneficial to continue seeing a dietician throughout this crucial transition period. Where are you located as perhaps one of us can recommend someone.

So... A guy tried to pick me up at the dog park Today. I've been single for a long while now and had decided to just focus on myself and my daughter. It's been a very long time since I've been hit on. He was running (shirtless) around the football field with his 2 dogs while I was walking my dog in the lead free park next to it. I was just getting ready to leave when he brought his dogs over to mine to play. He introduced himself and we talked for nearly 2 hours while the dogs wore each other out. I actually got quite badly sunburnt as I hadn't expected to be standing in the sun that long.

I told him that I would love to start running but that I'm not very fit at the moment. He said that running is really good for keeping fat off, but that i didn't look like i had much fat anyway. He told me about a hiking track nearby that he'd be happy to show me around. We didn't exchange phone numbers as neither of us had anything with us except the dogs, but we agreed to meet at the park again tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

So... A guy tried to pick me up at the dog park Today. I've been single for a long while now and had decided to just focus on myself and my daughter. It's been a very long time since I've been hit on. He was running (shirtless) around the football field with his 2 dogs while I was walking my dog in the lead free park next to it. I was just getting ready to leave when he brought his dogs over to mine to play. He introduced himself and we talked for nearly 2 hours while the dogs wore each other out. I actually got quite badly sunburnt as I hadn't expected to be standing in the sun that long.

I told him that I would love to start running but that I'm not very fit at the moment. He said that running is really good for keeping fat off' date=' but that i didn't look like i had much fat anyway. He told me about a hiking track nearby that he'd be happy to show me around. We didn't exchange phone numbers as neither of us had anything with us except the dogs, but we agreed to meet at the park again tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.[/quote']

Woohoo go for it! You've got nothing lose and he keeps fit and likes dogs so he might be a decent bloke. Keep us posted.

Have a great holiday Melissa and don't worry about your friend's reaction. As you say it is her issue not yours. Maybe we could all meet up on the GC while you are there? I am sure some of us from Brisbane would be happy to drive down and meet you.

Oh Kelli - how I wish I'd seen this before I had left for my holiday! I just got home after a brilliant stay and can't wait to start planning the trip for next year! I will be back on the Coast in September for my year post op surgery visit with the surgeon. I would love to catch up with you guy's then - hopefully I will even be at goal! Just 30kg to go (well, 12 to the surgeon's)!

Cheers, Liss

Oh Kelli - how I wish I'd seen this before I had left for my holiday! I just got home after a brilliant stay and can't wait to start planning the trip for next year! I will be back on the Coast in September for my year post op surgery visit with the surgeon. I would love to catch up with you guy's then - hopefully I will even be at goal! Just 30kg to go (well' date=' 12 to the surgeon's)!

Cheers, Liss[/quote']

Lissa, you are so close!!! Having had so many issues and starting on the back foot, you're doing so well. I say stuff the surgeon's goal, if you keep up at this rate, you'll blitz your goal by September no problems. 6 months to lose 30kg, when you're moving around so much easier, you'll be moving house and starting a new job. It's the perfect way to start the 2nd 6months of your journey. Starting fresh, away from the temptations of old and no choice but to create new habits. Good luck.