Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 3 weeks out, surgeon told me I can eat and see what I can tolerate. I think I ate to much at a communion lunch. 3 shrimp, 2 bites of chicken, 2 bites of tomatoe and mozz cheese. Then 1/2 graham cracker in chocolate and a bite of cake. Plus 2 strawberries.

Am I crazy?

Are you in any pain. My stomach hurts thinking about it lol. It's a learning process you'll get the hang. I can only eat about a half a cup and I'll be 3 weeks on Monday

Nope thats way way more than what I can handle lol. At 3weeks, hell even right now at 11 weeks its hard to eat that much. I just ate some scallops and shrimp. I probably ate 5 25-30count shrimp "which are t-tiny and 3 scallop halves and I ate to much. I threw up a little bit now I am fine. Live n learn everyday. Just dont be like me and drink lemonade. I thought I was going to die last night. That didnt agree with me at all

Are you in any pain. My stomach hurts thinking about it lol. It's a learning process you'll get the hang. I can only eat about a half a cup and I'll be 3 weeks on Monday

Half a cup is pretty dead on. Thats how I fix my portions. I imagine how much it takes to fill up a half a cup. Then I dont finish it either

No pain, just very full. My husband said to mention they are small shrimp and the chicken bites were so little to even mention but it seemed huge to me. So, it was less then 1/2 cup of f food

One to two oz is all I can handle and that even depends on what I am eating. I had 2oz of Tina earlier and felt like I ate an entire thanksgiving meal.

Remember that some of us have different sized sleeves and some of us have longer stomachs too, which can determine how much you can eat. What you ate doesn't sound like a lot to me, and I'm four weeks out, but I have a 38 French bougie, and so I think I can eat a bit more than those 32 French bougies out there. A few bites of this and a few bites of that sounds reasonable to me, especially since your first few bites were Protein.< /p>

I'm almost 5 weeks post op and I'm looking forward to the day I can eat 1/2 cup of food at a meal without feeling horrible. The 2 strawberries probably would have filled me up (and I say that from experience!).

My sleeve tells me when I have eaten too much! I get a terrible pain in my side. Once I take that extra bite or two, its too late. If your sleeve tolerated it, I'd say you didn't over do it.

At 3 1/2 weeks out, I can only eat something the size of the yolk of an egg. I know because I am eating a lot of eggs lately. I am not hungry but wonder if this going to change.

Its more of eating till you feel full of the RIGHT food choices.....this will ensure you stay within calorie goals. Personally, I would have stuck to the chicken and shrimp only. Cake is a gateway ...evil food

I'm six weeks out and can only eat 3 medium shrimp, if we talking cups I'm ble to just shy of 1/2 cup but mor than 1/4 cup. I can only eat a half of egg cooked any kind of way... Some foods, I have put on my own "slider" list. Try or measure out and pace your self. That amount over several hours may not be bad

As long as Sleevie isn't complaining, it's not too much. Be careful of the strawberries, though. They have tiny little seeds that can get caught in a new staple line and cause problems. They are on my doc's "Don't eat till six months" list. Also, your sleeve is still a little numb, so you may not feel pain in your sleeve if you eat too much. You'll feel it other places, mine was my shoulder if I over-filled Rex (my sleeve). It's really important to under-eat your sleeve. You can always eat a few bites more, but it's really painful when the sleeve lets you know it's over-filled.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that this was over a 4 HOUR period of time! my sleeve doesn't hurt but I feel full. I guess now that I think about it over 4 hours that isn't so bad. Lol