Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Balboa Naval Medical Cntr- San Diego

Hey all!

New here! Looking into getting my band out and revising to a sleeve. I HAVE to go to Balboa, bc thats who does sleeves. No one out in town is covered. I'm wanting to connect with anyone who has gone through their program? and what doc you had?

Thanks so much!

I was born there, but that doesn't count. :) A few of my old friends in the Balboa/Coronado/Tierrasanta/Murphy Canyon/etc. area are considering the procedure, but they're not on here, and I know one lady who is working on whatever the program requirements are. I'll see if she wants to join and share info (she's not very computer savvy)

I had surgery at Balboa Navy Medical Center San Diego. My surgeons name was Gallus but he is currently deployed. Please feel free to look through all my old posts and ask any questions. I feel like I recieved exceptional care from almost everyone (save one nurse practtioner) and honestly since being on these boards for quite a while now I feel like it is an exceptional program.

OMG, Is it Deb Romero? She's who I saw today and totally pissed me off AGAIN. She constantly keeps telling me that it's me not that band. That I should eat like a bird, etc. Shes crazy.

Rose, that's kind of creepy. Especially since you've now duplicated that message in multiple threads. People probably aren't going to want to email you to get your picture, and if they do, that's just weird & I wouldn't think those are the people you want to pull your support from.

Is there something to do with VSG that we can help you with?

Rose, that's kind of creepy. Especially since you've now duplicated that message in multiple threads. People probably aren't going to want to email you to get your picture, and if they do, that's just weird & I wouldn't think those are the people you want to pull your support from.

Is there something to do with VSG that we can help you with?

She was a spammer. I pulled out the double barrel and blew her away :D

OMG, Is it Deb Romero? She's who I saw today and totally pissed me off AGAIN. She constantly keeps telling me that it's me not that band. That I should eat like a bird, etc. Shes crazy.

Yes! I hard a very hard time with her. Unfortunatly she is most likely overworked. I eventually refused to see her and for all my post-op appointmetns I saw the DR and bypassed her completely. What is she telling you isnt that bad?

My band! It's been 4 yrs and I'm back up to pre surgery weight, and she said it's me, NOT the band. My band is so finicky I'm DONE. I want to have chicken, can I have chicken? Somedays, other days the tiniest bite will get stuck. SHe's like you have to chew and eat small bites...DUH DUMMY!!!!! People like her who have NEVER had to lose weight, she's like 90 lbs soaking wet, should not be in this profession. I went it once bc of port pain, and the answer I got was, " Im not sure why.." " anything else?" I was like no im outta here. So as soon as I get another barium swallow, I"m supposed to call her so I can get in to see Dr. Weisbach? I think thats how you spell it. I want to know though how many BAND=SLEEVES he's done. I have no other choice if I want this done, bc out in town even tho I'm standard, it's not a covered procedure.