Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Everyones Vitamin Regimen ?

I just got my sheet for what I am suppose to take and I was prescribed optisource Vitamin and Minseral Supplement. They are chewable and I'm to take one 4x's a day. She said if I take this, I don't need to take a variety of pills, I will only need this one. I need to take Flaxseed every day for my eyes, and I'll find out soon what I'm going to have to do about that one.

I'm taking 1 Bariatric Advantage every day even though they say to take 2. Their potency is so high that one tab pretty much satisfies the minimum requirement. My doc said that's fine. I also take 1 sub lingual B12 3x weekly and an occasional Calcium chew. That's about it and my labs so far have been spot on.

All Vitamins make me vomit. I get B 12 shots weekly and will have labs done tomorrow. I also take a vitiamin D once a week due to deficiency.

The multi vitiamin is the worst for me and Calcium foams in my mouth.

Ideally' date=' you should take your Calcium at least 2 hours apart from any other Vitamins, including your multi. Calcium can prevent other Vitamins, especially Iron, from absorbing properly..[/quote']

Actually you are right about the two hours between calcium and Iron but neither of them interfere with the mult. Many multis contain either calcium or iron which can be nice if taking iron upsets your tummy.

I cannot handle the 25 (dollar) multi-Vitamins from my surgeons office (big waste of money.). After I take them I feel I could vomit. I am taking my kids gummy vitamins, Not sure if that is all I need, I need to find a list of what I need.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Bariatric Fusion (3 chewables a day), B-12 droppper under the tongue, and a 5000mg of Biotin chewable. I've debated whether or not I need to take the calcium citrate b/c I drink milk and eat yogurt daily. Some days I have taken the Wellesse liquid Calcium + Vitamin D just b/c I have it.

Part of the reason for this surgery was to stop taking blood pressure medication - which I have! Yay!

But I've replaced that one, tiny pill with two huge chewable Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins, a b-50 complex that is a capsule, another capsule of Vitamin D, a chewable probiotic, chewable Iron, sublingual B12, an acid reducer, and SIX chewable Calcium every day. And my NUT says the only one that is not for life is the acid reducer.

Everymorning I put them into a bowl and my Vitamins and I have a stand off. They make my mouth Water and the capsules make me gag. Ugh!

So I'm only a month out, do you think my blood work could show too high of Vitamin levels and I can lose some of these pills?

Part of the reason for this surgery was to stop taking blood pressure medication - which I have! Yay!

But I've replaced that one' date=' tiny pill with two huge chewable Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins, a b-50 complex that is a capsule, another capsule of Vitamin D, a chewable probiotic, chewable Iron, sublingual B12, an acid reducer, and SIX chewable Calcium every day. And my NUT says the only one that is not for life is the acid reducer.

Everymorning I put them into a bowl and my Vitamins and I have a stand off. They make my mouth Water and the capsules make me gag. Ugh!

So I'm only a month out, do you think my blood work could show too high of Vitamin levels and I can lose some of these pills?[/quote']

Try different vitimans. I love my flinstone complete ad my calcium fruit chews are like candy and not a Gummy I get them at wallmart also I use bcomplex liquid drops sublingual taste ok I drink a sip f Water after. I also do b12 sublingual yummy, and 5000 Biotin also tums is a great cailcium supplement.

Definitely going to look into bcomplex liquid drops. Just the idea of swallowing a big capsule makes me gag.

My NUT actually said flintstone Vitamins aren't sufficient. I remember LOVING those! She's a tough one, though. Would you mind taking a few minutes and listing the nutritional facts? I'll list the ones for the Bariatric Advantage complete multi.

calories 10

total carbs 2

sugar <1

Vitamin a 7500iu

Vitamin C 120 mg

Vitamin d3 1000 iu

vitamin e 30 iu

vitamin B1 6mg

vitamin b2 3.4 mg

niacinamide 50mg

vitamin b6 4 mg

folic acid 800 mcg

vitamin B12 100 mcg

Biotin 600 mcg

pantothenic acid 20 mg

Calcium 200 mg

magnesium 50 mg

zinc 15 mg

selenium 100 mcg

copper 2 mg

manganese 2 mg

My RD recommended two Flintstones Complete per day. It had to be the complete. I too purchased the bariatric Vitamins and they were horrible. Huge waste of money. Some docs recommend prenatal Vitamins as well. My levels are doing great with the two Flintstones Complete per day. I also take Blue Bonnet liquid Calcium 1 tablespoon 3xs per day. I get it at my local Whole Foods and it goes down fine for me. I also take 50,000 units of Vitamin D2. Thats a prescription. I have low Vitamin D levels prior to surgery and it took about a year to get my levels to come up to normal limits. Hope this helped!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

Oh and I get a once a month B12 shot. That's my choice, but studies show you get the best absorption from intramuscular B12 and I don't want nerve damage..and I don't mind the shot or the $15 it costs..

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

I take a prenatal Vitamin, B12, d3, Fiber and Calcium in the morning and another Multi-Vitamin at night.

I'm also taking Biotin

Yes Flintstones Complete are comparable to the Vitamin requirements if not more of the Vitamins and minerals when compared