Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I've used my card twice in 8 months. If I'm with someone who is open to sharing, I just share. If not, I order what I want, ask for a veggie instead of the high carb side (unless it's mashed taters, I'm a sucker for them) and take the rest home. I leave the taters after I have my bite or two of them.

I'm a card carrying member!!! Never have had to use it, I usually pick something on the "lean healthy" side and when I don't eat it all they never question, they just bring me a box. Or my husband and I split a dinner, that works the best of all. I got my card at my one month visit.

Just curious . . . has anyone else here noticed that several posts refer to the kids menu having "fried foods", and such? Is this maybe a way we're setting up the next generation to be unhealthy?? Just sayin . . . .

Just curious . . . has anyone else here noticed that several posts refer to the kids menu having "fried foods", and such? Is this maybe a way we're setting up the next generation to be unhealthy?? Just sayin . . . .

Kids' menus are HORRIBLE!! I never order for my toddler from the kids' menu, I just share my plate with her. Even places that have "healthier" options Ike yogurt, the yogurt is full of sugar. So sad!

I believe OH stands for Obesity Help. I have heard of that website.

The subject of my card just came up tonight. My family wanted to go to the buffet so I thought about using it to get kids price or a take home box, but I was too embarrassed.

In my case, my surgeon gave me the card at my pre-op appointment when I was already on the liquid diet. It was pre-printed with my name on it.

Yes OH stands for obesity help. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys! I thought about printing it and laminating but if my doc gives me one with my name that would be great! I'm not sleeved yet but we are shooting for mid June!

My surgeon gives them out, but I didn't want one. I really won't be using it. My days of buffets are over and kids meal food is always fried. I haven't really gone out to eat yet, but I will just have them bring a to go box with the meal. I am very private about my surgery so don't really feel like chatting with some random waitress about it. One day we did make a to go stop at Rudys for a baked potato and I wound up taking 1/3 off the end, and giving the rest to my 7 year old. I only took 5 bites off of that 1/3, and actually had some potato for the next day!

My surgeon's clinic gives you a card when you have your pre-op meeting (as well as a no blind NG sticker to put on the back of your driver's license). I also got a card 6 years ago when I had my band. I've prompty thrown them away both times.

I will either order a regular meal and just eat what I want and have leftovers, or a Soup or a la carte side, or just a drink. Or I will order an entree and take the meat, while letting DH or DD pick my sides for themselves. A few times I've ordered off the kids menu (a few places actualy have healthy kids items) or senior menu. I just tell the wait staff I'm either not very hungry, or that I'm recovering from surgery.

I (personally, for me -- I don't care what others do) kind of disagree with the mentality of the discount card, which is why I personally chose to toss it. I never offered to pay more when I was eating more, or for extra dressing or whatever, and I'm not going to ask someone to let me pay less because I'm now eating less. I don't do buffets, they pretty much gross me out now. And if I did, I would pay whatever the price was.

Yep. A la carte or appetizer (if there's a healthy one). I, too do not care to chat about the situation. I MIGHT bust it out if we end up at a buffet with friends.

We went to a new Mexican restaurant here in town and I ordered a chicken taco à la carte and it was 3.25. my dinner was so cheap! I love it!

I (personally, for me -- I don't care what others do) kind of disagree with the mentality of the discount card, which is why I personally chose to toss it. I never offered to pay more when I was eating more,

I've heard this point of view before and just wanted to respond to it. As an obese person, I would NEVER overeat at a buffet. I was semi-embarrassed to eat at one to begin with, feeling that everyone was judging what I was eating. I always ate less than everyone else and I'm sure there are others that feel the same.

That being said, I doubt I will ever use my discount card either. I would be mortified to discuss my surgery with a cashier/stranger. I am keeping my card in case I ever feel differently, but I don't see it happening as of now.