Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2011 Sleevers How Are You Doing So Far?

I was sleeved Dec 15th and I'm doing good I've lost 53lbs so far no side effects or complications my sleeve can tolorate pretty much anything in moderation of course. :)

SAME HERE ,I WAS SLEEVED 12/20/11 I DIDNT HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS, I CAN EAT ANY FOODS I WANT AND THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME AS BEFORE. THE WEIGHT LOSE HAS SLOWED DOWN ALOT BUT IM STILL LOSING.

Ditto for me - sleeved 12/27, down 68.6 lbs. So far there's really nothing I've found that I can't eat; i'll even have rice and Pasta once in a while. Haven't really tried bread much, but I did have 1/2 breadstick at Olive Garden without any problems. All in all, I'd say I'm very happy :D

Sleeved 12/5/11 and aside from the exhumation the first two months no complications. Since surgery I've lost about 72 pounds. I'm currently in my second stall :( I can eat just about anything, but I do have to be careful because I can get some wicked heartburn!

Hey December divas! Hope everyone is well!! I've lost 65 pounds since surgery. I can eat most things, I stay high Protein low carb so no room for bread. Can't even eat pasteries. Guess that's good.

When I was sleeved Dec. 27, my husband talked seriously about kidnapping me from the parking lot of the hospital. I told him it would cause serious harm to our marriage.

We just got back today from San Francisco, celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. We walked and walked and walked — up those unbelievably steep San Francisco hills from the historic downtown to Fisherman's Wharf. I kept up and he was amazed at the difference. I confess I paused a few times to catch my breathe, but I was a different woman. Hubby, who is a runner, was so happy I could mostly keep up with him with the consideration that he's 6'2" and has long lanky legs and gallops along, and I'm 5'6" and I don't have lanky legs.

My weight loss seems to be crawling, but I'm not unhappy. I figure that it will all come off in its time, which I hope is by my daughter's wedding April 13, 2013.

I work out with a yoga trainer twice weekly right now, and am upping my cardio. I think I may go back to strength training also, even though my doc hates that. (Sorry Dr. Walton.) I just want to be buff and toned also. Buff and toned ... can hardly believe I just wrote that.

My life is changing because of the sleeve and for the better. And the hubby who wanted to kidnap me — is now a convert.

Love to hear from all of you December sleevers. Means a lot to me.

Best,

Carol

Hi, guess I will represent for the men .I was sleeved 12/7 I can't believe the changes in my attitudes towards food in such a short time, my recovery was smooth and I have been completely sold out to exercise and following my nuts guidelines. My weight loss to date is 141 lbs. lost 15 inches from my waist and have gone from 2-3xl to a large-xl shirt. I can eat most things, very little rice 4-5 piece of sushi. bread unless toasted dark does not sit well nor does steak but a small price to pay.

Hi everybody! I was sleeved 12/8/11, had some severe pain & nausea after surgery so had to stay in hospital for 6 days. After I was released, i followed my nut's plan and did good except for meeting the liquid & Protein requirements....i couldn't tolerate Water until I discovered SmartWater & plain ol distilled water in the gallon jug! I hit a major/huge 10 week stall (i hate that word) at 6 months! I just started tipping the scales downward in the past 2 weeks. I eat just about anything (in moderation) at this point. I've become addicted to reading labels when i go grocery shopping. I occasionally eat gluten free bread (buy it frozen at WholeFoods so thaw out a piece at a time). As for my weight loss...check out my ticker! Good Luck to all of us December 2011 sleevers.....wooohooo!

Sleeved 1/17/12, so a little later than December, but wanted to chime in, in hopes that it might provide some peace of mind to the newly sleeved. I am down nearly 100 pounds since my highest weight, and 85 or so since surgery day. I went from 3X to XL, and will probably be in L before too long. My attitude towards food and exercise are the exact opposite of where they were 8 months ago, but I try not to be an extremist. I am now lactose intolerant, but as others have said, a small price to pay. Diabetes is now gone, sleep apnea is now gone (sleep study confirmed even!), hypertension gone, and I feel like a million bucks. Best thing I ever did for my self and my family. As long as my sleeve doesn't stretch (still a concern and prob will be for a few years), I could NEVER eat enough to get as big as I was.

Good luck to everyone, wherever you are on the journey!

Dave

I was sleeved 12/14/11. I really only had 55 lbs. to lose but it was all in my abdomen in a very dangerous place and part of my stomach had protruded though my diaphragm and was lodged between my lungs heading towards my heart. I had this repaired at the same time. Took 2 hours for repair and 15 minutes for my sleeve. I have had a steady permanent loss and have never gone up on trhe scale. I was at my doctor's 55 lb. goal for me a few months ago and have since lost 10 more. I only have 2 lbs. to go til my own goal of 67 lbs. I was out of town last week (without a scale and I weigh myself everyday and always will). this was a great test for me. I was in the deep south in Alabama full of fried foods! I did not eat any fried foods, no bread (fills me up too fast), just concentrated on Protein and made sure I had a 32 oz. rtd Protein Drink each day, and always had an Oh Yeah Protein Bar with me. I constantly drink bottled Water when I am not eating (flavored with MIO) and do not drink before 30 minutes after eating. I am never hungry. It does not take long for you to change your everyday habits. It's amazing to me that I knew exactly what to eat and what not to eat cuz we basically ate out the whole time, so that proves I am on the right page when it comes to my food choices. I do eat alot of cheese, but did not have any while I was gone and truly missed it. I actually lost a couple pounds the morning after I got back. I am happy to know that I am now in control of my eating. If I want something, I have it (I did have a very small piece of wedding cake while I was there, but never eat or crave anything like that otherwise). I took my Bariatric Advantage Vitamins with me and never missed taking them. I love my sleeve and my only regret is not having it much sooner. Although I did not have as much weight to lose as some do, I was miserable because of the situation my stomach was in! I have gone from a size 18 jeans to a size 4. I applaud all of you who did have more weight to lose and have been so successful in your weight loss so far. My doctor told me that those who are heavier before surgery, actually lose quicker than someone who didn't (like myself) but I am truly pleased with my accomplishment. I met with my NUT last month to find out what my caloric and carb intake should be to maintain. I am 62 and am no longer on any meds and feel better than I have much of my adult life. Although I do always have kidney stones and have 3 left, but now that my diet has changed, my urologist feels that I should not get anymore new ones! YAY! Love this forum and relied on it so much in the month before my surgery. Hope I can be as helpful to others on here as they have been to me! I will post another pic after December 14th. My profile has a before and the after was taken right before my 5 month surgiversary.

Sleeved 12/12/11, start weight was 260, down to 178. My favorite side effect post gs is "No insulin pump". Weight loss slowed down, but I will still get to my goal weight of 140. Oresurfery I never had a goal weight, I just wanted to be insulin free and have my sugars regulated, but now I've set a goal weight. Loving my new healthy life style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using VST

Sleeved 12/12/11, start weight was 260, down to 178. My favorite side effect post gs is "No insulin pump". Weight loss slowed down, but I will still get to my goal weight of 140. Oresurfery I never had a goal weight, I just wanted to be insulin free and have my sugars regulated, but now I've set a goal weight. Loving my new healthy life style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using VST

Congrats, that is an awesome weight loss.