Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

Im Trueme I will be having my Vertical Gastric Sleeve On May 22nd!!! So many things are going through my mind..( Im not sure if anyone has had the same..Im sure they have) I am a mother and a wife. I love and adore my family!! They mean the world to me!! I decided to have this surgery because as a 30 year old person. My health has been decreasing due to my diabetes and of course because of my life time weight issue. Im excited, SCARED, excited, overjoy, and did I mention EXCITED!! I know this will change my life...But Im scared that it will...I mean I know that sounds weird..Ive been a "big girl" my whole life and am "use to it". How will folks treat me...will they treat me different will I get use to it...what if I dont? Will my husband find me attractive even though Im no longer a big girl..will my daughter look at me different..will I get negative comments..******Do I have to tell people that Im getting this done?

So much that's going through my head...I know Im excited to be HEALTHIER, hopefully and praying that I will no longer be on my diabetes meds...I know I made this decision so that I am able to LIVE longer to be here for my daughter, my husband and for myself..

HELP!! PLEASE GUIDE ME!!...Im still a VIRGIN TO THE VGS...Someone help me pop my cherry !!!

The surgery isn't going to change your life. You are going to change your life. The surgery is a tool to help you get there but only if you want to get there. You can get out it what you are willing to put into it.

Will people treat you differently? Some will and some won't, just like they do today. You will face people who would disapprove of your surgery and those who treat you differently k=now because you are big won't treat you the same in the future. I try not to associate with those who didn't treat me well in the first place. They weren't genuine people. As far as telling people, I waited 4 months before I told anyone. I wanted to make sure I was going to be successful because I knew that the surgery was a tool and if I failed, it was because of my lack of commitment.

My life has changed in so many ways for the better. Your life will too. Enjoy the ride and remember that we are all here to help. The community here is great.

Thank You Sooooo much!! I really needed to hear this...I love that I am now part of this community..its such a HUGE RELIEF knowing I have Wonderful people such as youself willing to help someone like me and many more out there!.!! God Bless you and I will look forward to Changing my Life!!

True, i know how you feel i had mine done in december and i had all those thoghts in my head as well. And i am a diabetic. Well was. I sat with my family before i did it and my husband asked me one important thing. Who was i doing this for. Was it for him because he loved me for who i was. Was i doing it for all those who looked down on me because they were never part of my life. My answer was. Me all me. I wanted to be healthier i hated take all my diabetic meds and insulin. I wanted to go out and try new things i wanted to be a part of my families activities. I have a 20 year old and a 3 year old. I wanted my daughter to have me arount. I was doing it fir me

I took my last shot in the hospital. And my endocrinoligest told me that i am no longer diabetic. I was so happy. This is hard work and something i will have to work with for the rest of my life i have been given the tools to work with its up to me what i can do.

When i decided to do thisi had already been talking to my husband and son and they were concerned but they were my biigges suport i told my parents and brother first the my husbands parents and family. And my closes friends. They all had concerns and the all asked me to reconsider. But the all told me that if i was determind the would be their. I oppened up to ecery one else after my surgery. And i did that because i wanted to be their for some that was thinking about it. If you need some to talk just let me know.

Netgallegos..THANK YOU!!!! Truly This means everything to me...My daughter is 3 and my husband is AMAZING he makes sure that he tells me that he LOVES me the way I am...My husband encourages me to do what will make me happy...and living longer to be around is...Not being on 2000mg of Metformin and 100 units of Lantus will def make me a WAYYYYY HAPPIER INDIVIDUAL..the meds are truly the inspiration to get the surgery done..I cant..being on meds and my sugar level increasing is getting so anxious..Im ready...I have not told my family..Im not ready to..The judgement is what Im dreading..although I know they love me...I know how they will react..maybe after the surgery I will have the heart to but truthfully..Im doing this for me and for my daughter/hubby...Thanks Love...You are truly a great person for understanding me!!! :D

Hi there. I'm 35, married with a beautiful 6 yr old daughter. Last summer I looked in the mirror and was so unhappy with the reflection I saw looking back at me. That night I told my husband that I wanted to have surgery. I didn't know anything about the sleeve. Never heard of it. He was so supportive that he decided to it as well, together. I was 399lbs and he was 325. From that point on I out myself on a diet and lost 70lbs. We researched all the weight loss surgeries and decided the sleeve was what we wanted. I had mine done April 9 and it was the best decision of my life. I'm 321 now and have LOTS more to go. But I feel great. My hubby is going in tomorrow!!

This is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Best of luck to you!!!

Hi pappa! He is, but is not 'active' on it much. I think afterwards he will start to utilize it. I love it! I can't do this without it!!!

Thanks Sooo much!! Im soooo Happy for you all!! I know this will be a great experience!!