Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am losing inches and weight, which is great! However, I am still wearing my bigger size clothes (I fix them up where the look good), because I do not want to buy clothes yet. I want to wait until my weight loss tampers off a bit. I will buy new clothes once I slow down a bit. Just wondering how long many of you waited to buy clothes? I am thinking 3-4 months out.

I bought some jeans about 3 months out because my pants were just falling off. I also bought a couple of tops for work to look professional. Plus,it made me feel good. However, was still holding off because I didn't want to waste money. Now I regret no being able to wear the jeans I bought at that time. This is a wonderful journey that takes a lot of adjusting. ;)

I bought some jeans about 3 months out because my pants were just falling off. I also bought a couple of tops for work to look professional. Plus,it made me feel good. However, was still holding off because I didn't want to waste money. Now I regret no being able to wear the jeans I bought at that time. This is a wonderful journey that takes a lot of adjusting. ;)

Thank you for your response.

I am thinking 3 months. I am very cheap when it comes to buying clothes, I am an ebay seller, and I am a thrift queen. I love to dress for less. I will wait until things start to fall off like you did. Wearing a good belt keeps my jeans up, they are baggy though. I am adjusting.

A lot of people on our sight go to the good will and pick up some really great bargains. I wish I would of thought about that. LOL ;)

I tried to hold off as much as I could too. I was able to use some things I had saved from when I was down in the past! That really helped. So I didn't have to really buy anything for the first 4 months or so. However, because my job demands I look put together, I do have to juggle clothes a bit. I try to "make do" with one good pair of pants and looser tops. Then I may replace a couple of tops so they're more fitted while my pants are looser... you get the idea. I did have to get a new jacket though. But I am just eeking out the last few weeks since I will not be able to wear it next season - it's huge :-) My weight loss has really slowed down now since I am closer to goal. But, I still want to hold off on buying too much or spending money until I know I am stable. It's a challenge! Albeit, a good one to have, not complaining!!! But indeed a big pain, especially if you're not really a shopper -- I'm not. :)

I did not want to buy clothes that i would shrink out of. So i went to good will, savers and thrift stores. I am 4 months out and i do have to buy a swim suit that is going to be my first new purchase.

There is a forum here called Clothing Exchange. I believe they send each other clothes that are too big for them now, they just keep each other posted and that way they dont spend money buying clothes that are only going to last them a couple of months. You should look into it

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thrift stores!!!!! I love them. I have found tons of clothes, brand new clothes with tags still on them. Now that I am very close to where I want to be I have started purchasing more things that will stay in my wardrobe. I love to shop the deals so I usually buy end of the season clearance for the following year. Any store I go into I head to the back where the clearance racks are. I have done this for years with my kids and now I can do it for me, too!

Thrift stores!!!!! I love them. I have found tons of clothes, brand new clothes with tags still on them. Now that I am very close to where I want to be I have started purchasing more things that will stay in my wardrobe. I love to shop the deals so I usually buy end of the season clearance for the following year. Any store I go into I head to the back where the clearance racks are. I have done this for years with my kids and now I can do it for me, too!

Thank you for your response, yes, it feels good to go to the thrift and buy things for yourself. I love vintage clothes. My mom taught me how to shop at thrift stores, been doing it since I was a teenager. I love Macy's clearance racks, truly you can get some good deals off the clearance racks at department stores.

Check your local thrift stores/goodwill. We have multiple goodwill locations in San Antonio, but one of the locations has 25cent Saturday. Everything in the store is 25cents. Now that one location gets pretty busy, but for 3 bucks you can get 12 items. I didn't know about this until just recently. I went there 3 weeks ago and walked out carrying over 50 items. My husband went with me to help carry and we got plenty for my current size plus 2 sizes down, (being optimistic lol).

I am 5 months out and around 110 pounds down. my clothes are falling off me. i am trying not to buy any new clothes because i am still losing. dont see any reason to buy a new wardrobe when i will need more "new" clothes in another 5 months. i know im going to have alot clothes to give to the thrift store when i get to my goal.

Check your local thrift stores/goodwill. We have multiple goodwill locations in San Antonio, but one of the locations has 25cent Saturday. Everything in the store is 25cents. Now that one location gets pretty busy, but for 3 bucks you can get 12 items. I didn't know about this until just recently. I went there 3 weeks ago and walked out carrying over 50 items. My husband went with me to help carry and we got plenty for my current size plus 2 sizes down, (being optimistic lol).

Thanks for your response. If I was still in Atlanta, yes you could find sales similiar to that. In South Carolina, no sales like that here. Goodwill does have a military discount day. However, I hunt down the cheaper stores. Thrift hunter.

Thanks for all responses and suggestions. I will definitely wait until around 3 months, before I buy new clothes. Then I will buy a little at a time, probably will need more tops than bottoms. I am down to a Large in shirts.

I buy one pair of jeanes every other size. That is my rule as my 22 fell off me while walking around the house if I didn't pull them up every 5 seconds so I went to ther store and bought 2 pairs of jeans one 18 and one 16 (they were buy one get one 50% off). I want to look good when I go out of the house to family events or friends houses.

I buy one pair of jeanes every other size. That is my rule as my 22 fell off me while walking around the house if I didn't pull them up every 5 seconds so I went to ther store and bought 2 pairs of jeans one 18 and one 16 (they were buy one get one 50% off). I want to look good when I go out of the house to family events or friends houses.

Thank you for your response. That sounds like a good idea. After 3 months I will try that.