Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Bansters

Hey People,

I'm moving back to the Florida area soon and I wanna see some bansters!! Where are all you guys from the sunshine state???

I am from Orange City....just north of Orlando and about 15 mi or so from Daytona.

Where are you landing???

God bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -76lbs ;)

Well for now we aren't sure it depends on where we get job offers. But the idea is some where around Polk county because my mom lives there, or down in Charlotte county because my grandparents live there.

My husband favors Orlando though he really liked it there when we go on vacation, so maybe we will end up there as well!

I see you have lost 76lbs way to go!:clap2:

Thank you....I am trying to lose that weight.....as we all are!!!

We love living north of Orlando....it's not as congested but still close enough to Orlando!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -76lbs :)

Yeah, my mom lives in Winter Haven, and its like 25 min to Orlando and 45 to Tampa so its a great in between place.

I was banded in April and I'm not doing so well, I need to get the exercise in. I'm sure I'll do better when I get that going!

I'm coming to Florida on the 31st of this month and staying for 3 weeks for a visit with my family, then we are planning on moving some time next year after we sell our house here.

I used to live in Sebring (Highlands county--next county over) and worked in Lake Wales (right next to Winter Haven). Nice area.

20 lbs is EXCELLENT!!!!!! Don't discount it!! Exercise sure makes me feel better!!! I have SOMUCH more energy....we are buying a house and will have MORE space so I can do videos when it's too hot or raining! :)

Hoping to hook up w/ you if you get close!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -76lbs :P

ohh tampa is close, that makes 3 of us, maybe we can get a little group going on here.

ps. I graduated from USF

I'm holding my own right now. I haven't had my first fill yet. Waiting till things settle down for me. I have been getting stronger every day. I will get my first fill at the end of the month..... Moffitt is a great place. Thanks Steve

I am scheduled for surgery the end of Sept. In Mexico with Dr Ortiz... Live in Manatee county..

Peggy

Peggy, Have you found someone to do your fills here in the states. There are allot of docs who will not touch you if you had your band done out of the country.

I don't live in Florida but I am there at least twice a year, in Orlando. We spend at least 2 weeks in Disney each year. 10 days in the spring and 4 or 5 days in the fall (just me and hubby). I love florida, I grew up in Jacksonville Beach and would love to retun there someday. We will have to wait until Dave retires because the railroad he works for doesn't go that far east. We are as far east as we can get. ~Mandy

Yes, Steve I have heard that many docs won't do fills on Mexico banded people. but I have heard of of a few that do...looking for more so I have a few more to be able to choose from..If anyone knows of any docs here inthe Tampa/Sarasota /St. Pete area please let me know...

Thanks, Peggy