Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks In Surgery - Weight Is Stalled

Hi All ,

After 3 weeks of surgery my weight is stalled at 276 lbs. I was 305 on surgery day and almost 277 in 2 weeks. I am not eating anything more than 600 - 700 calories. Following daily 45 minutes walk. Following Protein intake of 80 gms a day . Also I am drinking lot of Water. Please help me. What I am doing wrong ? I haven't lost a pound since last 6 days after 3 weeks into surgery.

You probably are not doing anything wrong.

It is a normal part of the weight loss.

I am stalled for more than 2 weeks now. It seems that the body needs time to rearrange and adapt to the new situation.

Don't lose hope.

I was sleeved on 3rd April and I have too stayed the same for the past week. Don't worry as it is normal and we just have to be patient. Our bodies have been through a huge thing and they are taking stock. I'm sure many others will come and post and say it happens to most people around the 3 week mark, they will also testify that it passes and will tell you what remarkable weights they have gone on to lose. Relax.

Don't worry about it. This stall is inevitable. When you break through it, you will probably lose a bunch of weight at once :)

Hgor, I haven't hit a stall, but I bounce like Tigger. Every time I lose, I bounce up a pound, stay there for a day or three, then drop. Then bounce. Then fall. It's been like that for the last 2 months. Zeus and Cathy are right. In the past, weight gain was usually our fault. With the sleeve, the body is trying to "balance" itself. Just keep doing what your doc tells you, and all will be well. Sounds to me like you are doing great. (I don't ever get enough Water :( )

It's completely normal and happens to most of us. Search for "Three Week Stall" on the site and you'll find tons of info. Personally, I stalled for almost 4 weeks during my 2nd month. It drove me CRAZY but I was relieved to know that it is just a part of the process.