Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So What Dr.s Are Actually With A Lighter Me?

I was just wondering if anybody knew? I know I could contact them myself.. But I dont know if I want all those emails just yet.. I dont even have my passport yet, which is my first step soon..

All i know is- it says Kelly is, but he is not.. so who is with them?

I can not help but notice the side advertisments for the $4500 cost which easier done than 8000- or more, with out un necessary risks..

=

I personally have a huge beef with them because of their advertising. It's false and that in and of itself would make me never, ever use them. If they can't be honest and up front about who works for them, then there is a problem.

I just went to their website and it looks like they finally took Dr. Kelly off. There is a list of doctors there - the one I am familiar with is Dr. Garcia and I've heard really great things about him. I just have a problem with some of these places because they are SO competitive and I think that is not in a patient's best interest.

my thought was Dr. kelly.. I am not 100% on this. I have heard good about lots of dr.s.. I have heard good about a lighter me and I have heard good about going straight through dr's offices to.. I dont like sneaky sneaks though, they take what could be more than creditable and make questionable.. and that makes no sense to me..

When I first started looking into this a few months ago, I read good stuff about Dr. Kelly on Obesityhelp.com. Then went to their website and he was on it, but when I inquired I was directed to Dr. Garcia. This bothered me because I got no explanation. That said, Dr. Garcia is fantastic and you will find a LOT of good things about him on here.

I chose Dr. Kelly because when I talked to him for the first time, I just felt comfortable. I also felt comfortable with Dr. Aceves and Dr. Alvarez. I ended up choosing Dr. Kelly because of many reasons and one of them was that I had to just PICK one. It wasn't about cost or anything else at all. I am very happy with my interactions with them and constant communications.

Do your research and you will figure out who is best for you! I would recommend that you not choose on $$ alone, but rather who you are comfortable with. I also rec. a hospital over a clinic or strip mall. This is MAJOR abdominal surgery!

Good luck with your decision! I am scheduled June 14th with Dr. Kelly. :)

Can I ask how much it is going to be? When I intitially looked in to him it was more around 8000- or something.. if you dont wanna post it would you PM/DM (whatever :) ) me.. AS of now i think my first choice is Kelly as well..

I also chose Dr Kelly it is costing me $5500 plus airfare, hope that helps!

Hey Silence! He is charging $5500 to $6000 depending on what's done. Give Omar a call and chat with him and Dr K and see what you think! Omar's number is 619-395-5347. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. This is a very personal, important decision.

thank yall!! I am waiting for one more go ahead till I book Im hoping i will get that answer today or tomorrow.. My husband wanted to go with me. I told him I could handle it.. My military guy just wants to go in case something went wrong health wise or just being in a different country. He didnt seem to be thrilled that I wanna go alone.. Id have to wait forever for him to find a day away from work.. then 2 round trip flights.. then all that extra snoring..LOL

You should also look into dr. Ponce de leon, he was amazing and Trish was super helpful throughout my surgery.

Dr. Rodriguez is also another big name out there as well!

Good luck and remember RESEARCH!! :)

I am going May 10th to have my surgery with dr. Ponce de leon. I will be going alone too, my husband and daugther are not thrilled about that but honestly I will be sleep most of the time or walking, so I understand what you mean! I did invested in an iPad 2 (I had an ipad1 without camera) so I could talk to my family on video. Trish is my coordinator and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about her and how she watches over you, and after talking to her I know she will be there for me even if I am alone. My surgery will be at the INT Hospital which I heard has great nursing staff, I had the option of that one or Florence Hospital but I decided on INT because of the nursing staff and I get a video of my surgery plus, the leak test! The hotel is also literally accross the street from the hospital (Lucerna Hotel). Dr. ponce de leon is $5500 plus air fare. Good luck in your search!

I was just wondering if anybody knew? I know I could contact them myself.. But I dont know if I want all those emails just yet.. I dont even have my passport yet, which is my first step soon..

All i know is- it says Kelly is, but he is not.. so who is with them?

I can not help but notice the side advertisments for the $4500 cost which easier done than 8000- or more, with out un necessary risks..

=

I am using a lighter me for Dr. Garcia. The price includes a hotel night stay before surgery, 2 days hospital stay in a private room with a bed for your guest, 2 more nights in hotel after surgery. I have never been told something false from the coordinators. I do not know what is going on there but they have been easy to work with answered all my questions. They are willing to do basically anything I have asked. So no problems here with alighterme. com. I am VERY happy with my decision to use Dr. Garcia and he is also cheaper. The price of $4500 is only good on the week of May 14th and June 11th otherwise I am paying $5000 for everything.

We have all had our own experiences, which is why it is a personal decision. The prices almost all include the same thing (in my case, 2 nights in hospital and 2 nights in hotel also) it just comes down to who you choose and who you are comfortable with. :). I would base NONE of this on who is cheaper, rather who you find gives you the right vibe. :). That's why we are all here, to help each other make the right decision for ourselves.

Although price is an important factor with limited funds I totally agree with Finding myself you need to go with whoever you get the best gut feeling with. Do not go by price or who you should use according to someone else. Everybody has to make this personal experience for themselves and be at peace with it. Follow your heart after you have gathered all the info and checked your finances go with whom you feel will change your life for the better. :)

I started looking to book surgery a few weeks ago & Dr Kelly was not listed on "A lighter me" website..

Im going to be using Dr Garcia through them & the price for a revsion was $5500..I have had my band already removed. I have read many excellent comments about Dr Garcia so I am very comfortable with my decision. A Lighter me has been very helpful & answered all of my questions promptly!