Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was reading on the obesityhelp page where almanza left part of this lady's fundus? Or some of it and didn't get it all. Now she can eat more than most. That makes me worried. Can you guys help reassure me? Lol

that might be what she is saying. If you have more concerns, I'd call the office and talk about your concerns with them and only they can put your mind at ease. I cant remember which Dr almanza is, but if I were yoy, id check into the drs that beling to the facs and American bariatric association. There are 3-4 in Tijuana and Mexicali.

I don't think I've seen anything bad about him on here, but I did read a few negative things about him on obesity help, so I chose to spend $500 extra & go with Dr. Garcia....truthfully though I think most surgeons have a problem here or there (whether it's their fault or not) but you just don't necessarily hear about it. I'd get really worried if I heard repeated accounts of bad things though.

I know several people who are going with Dr. Almanza in the next few days. I have not heard what you mentioned but the reason he was not one of my chooses was the location of his surgery and were you recover. That worries me. I think he is a good surgeon but I personally need a hospital to recover in. I chose to go with dr. Ponce de leon who trained Dr. Almanza, Dr. Kelly and many other surgeons on the sleeve. He is a little more expensive $5500 than Dr. Almanza but for me it's worth it. I would do what cissiesue suggested and call his office and ask them. Good luck!

I had my surgery on March 27, had a really smooth recovery so far, and I feel like I got excellent care with Dr. Almanza and his team.

I had my surgery on March 27' date=' had a really smooth recovery so far, and I feel like I got excellent care with Dr. Almanza and his team.[/quote']

Did they give u pain meds? For Ortiz did not!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes they gave me anti nausea and pain meds. Plus they crushed up a lysinopryl to lower my bp cause it was 176/98. They gave me pain meds 4 times in a 12 hour period. I would say morphina and they would say si. They would hit me in the iv and I would pass out for 3 hours then back up in pain and repeat. But after that day all I took was cipro "nasty". Still to this day no meds. Just started taking B12 and multi last week and nothing else. But I do take my 3 month Bloodwork in 2 weeks and I will add from there

Nope, hadn't heard that. To those who are wondering FUNDUS means the BOTTOM of an organ, the side opposite the opening. So the OP is saying that the surgeon left most of the bottom of the patients stomach.

This is somewhat true for all VSG'ers, the sleeve is not perfectly formed to the curve of the stomach and most all of us have a little "tail" that makes a small corner on the lower portion of the sleeve. No I guess this could of been made way to big and that caused lack of restriction.

To the OP - please supply details and a link to the source. We need to make sure we don't just spread rumors around. I've had my issues with Hospital Jerusalem but not with Almanza.

Thanks do much for all the replies. I'm just crazy nervous about this. I know everything will be fine. Hearing all your success stories reassures me.

Also I'm not trying to spread rumors, just concerned. This is my stomach I'm putting in their hands! Lol

I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz and I had the absolute best care!! No issues at all!! And YES I received pain meds but I didn't even need them after the first day!! I felt fabulous!! I had zero gas, zero nausea, and very little discomfort!

I had surgery with Almanza on 4/28 and he and his whole team are so wonderful. The recovery house was a perfect recovery place for me and I felt very comfortable being there. The nurses were so wonderful and attentive. They were there for me whenever I needed it. Always checking on me, bringing me ice pops, pain meds, anything! They work so hard in that recovery house and I am so appreciative of all of them for making my experience down there so good.

I am scheduled for surgery with Almanza on July 9. I am having a revision from lap band to sleeve. He apparently is very popular because that was the first date I could get in.

I have been slightly nervous because I have heard a few troubling comments. But I also have heard lots of positive comments, and that is reassuring. I am thrilled to read that several of you were sleeved by him and are doing well.

Sorry for multiple posts, but I will say that I also am excited to hear these comments about the recovery house. I had been undecided about that but was leaning toward it because I am going alone. This has confirmed that staying there is the right decision.