Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone, Kellie so sorry to hear about the issues with your reflux and hoping they get you back to normal soon. Happy Belated birthday Sheila :)

I just got out of being in the hospital for 2 nights and have surgery scheduled July 30th to have my gallbladder removed. I had a lot of pain Thursday night so went from working in the ER to being a patient only to find out that I had Pancreatitis due to a gallstone passing.....I had a gallbladder ultrasound prior to bariatric surgery and it was perfectly clean without a single stone, well now my gallbladder is full of stones. Not looking forward to another surgery already but don't ever want to go thru the pain of passing another one.

Hi everyone, Kellie so sorry to hear about the issues with your reflux and hoping they get you back to normal soon. Happy Belated birthday Sheila :)

I just got out of being in the hospital for 2 nights and have surgery scheduled July 30th to have my gallbladder removed. I had a lot of pain Thursday night so went from working in the ER to being a patient only to find out that I had Pancreatitis due to a gallstone passing.....I had a gallbladder ultrasound prior to bariatric surgery and it was perfectly clean without a single stone, well now my gallbladder is full of stones. Not looking forward to another surgery already but don't ever want to go thru the pain of passing another one.

I bet July 30th can't get here soon enough. Keep us updated. I'd really like to know how everything is going. Is the gallbladder problem related to the sleeve?

My issues turn out to be gallbladder stones as well. I have no pain so not totally consistent with gallbladder issues, but the ultrasound took less than 2 minutes total & it showed gallstones. I'm not looking forward to another surgery so soon either! ;-(

So sorry you need surgery. Do you have a date yet? Please let us know what's going on.

I think Aug 6, but I'm gonna try to put him off until September. Aug is very busy for me getting kids ready for back to school, school starts Aug 16 here. Plus hubby leaves for Saudi on aug 6 & I don't relish the idea of having surgery while he's gone again (he was in Saudi when I got sleeved). Recovery is hard without some help. Also my oldest son will get his drivers liscence in sept so he can drive to school & I won't have to worry about taking him, plus he can run errands for me.

I really really really don't want another surgery! Aaarrrrrgggg!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you guys are having! I guess gallstones/galbladder issues are common with the sleeve. I was put on Actigall twice a day to prevent gallstones - and they told me I'll need to take it for 6 months. I'm glad I've been doing it now. My weight loss is still slow, but I'm getting there. It amazes me that the junk food I sometimes eat goes down so easy while the Protein, etc., can sometimes be difficult. Too bad it's not the other way around - oh well. I am still learning how to eat well and do what's good for me. Glad we are still checking in here!

Unfortunately, yes it is 100% due to the sleeve. I had a gallbladder ultrasound just prior to the sleeve and my gallbladder was beautiful, no thickening, no stones....nothing! It amazes me that it can fill up with stones so fast. Joni, you were lucky to be put on that medicine to help prevent them :)

I would normally put the surgery off until it's more convenient but having that stone get stuck in the bile duct causing inflammation of my pancreas rates up there with a kidney stone if anyone has ever had one, you know what kind of pain I'm talking about. Not something I want ever again. The surgeon doing the gallbladder surgery is going to take out my appendix while he's in there too. Gotta love that!

I work the next 3 nights so will check in again after the surgery. Thanks for the support...am so not ready to go back into surgery again.

Naomi - good luck with the surgery - I'm sure it'll go just fine and you'll feel so much better with those stones outta there!! Let us know how you're doing asap! Hugs to you.

Kellie I hope you're doing okay too.

I had gallbladder surgery a few years ago and had no pain afterwards. The only thing that changed in my life was that the surgeon limited the amount I could lift for a few weeks. Here's hoping the two of you have the same experience.

Naomi, I have not personally experienced the pain but I have saw my family members go thru it. They say it literally feels like your gonna die, heart attack etc. If I was in pain, I would be having surgery ASAP too!!! lol I just get waves of sickening nausea thinking if I don't throw up Im gonna die, plus the constant heartburn/indigestion and I am really tender to the touch in the area I assume my gallbladder is in. I have only got these waves of nausea at home so far until about a week ago. My best friend owns a nail salon and I was up there visiting while she did some nails when it hit me. When the nausea hits, my throat and mouth fill to the brim with saliva, so much that I hold my hand over my mouth to keep from drooling everywhere. Well this was a particularly bad wave, and saliva was coming out between my fingers. It is so bad it kind of freezes me in place and there is nothing I can do except ride it out. She glanced up at my face and I must have looked a sight because she freaked out big time. She wanted to call an ambulance. I cant talk when this happens or I will literally drown on saliva so I just shook my head "no" and hoped the floor would open up and swallow me whole from embarrasement that it happened in public. Her client was sitting there with half done nails saying OMG is she ok? I was literally mortified!! Beyond words! The good thing is these spells only last around 5-10 minutes so If I can just ride them out without dying of embarrasement Im ok.

Naomi, have you been able to identify what triggers your attacks? Certain foods etc? I want a Dasani Water soooo bad but Water sets it off everytime!

It sounds terrible. Can you wait a month? The way you lay it out it seems there is ample reason to delay the surgery. However, I had no real recovery period after my surgery, just a short restriction on lifting things. Perhaps you could talk to your doctor about the typical recovery and about whether things are likely to get worse in the month you put off surgery.

Im def going to talk to him about options. And yes it is complete and utter misery when it happens. The timing is just SO bad! We live in the country and have farm animals (a lot of animals) so it makes it really hard for me to be down. Even for a few days. When we moved here 6 years ago the deal hubby and I made was I could have all the animals I wanted but I had to take care of them. He is not so much into animals like I am but he tends to them when I am sick etc. He built the fences etc but I tend to them everyday. NO ONE knows my animals like I do. I love my farm life but its really hard for me to trust my teenage kids to make sure everyone gets fed and fresh Water everyday. I worry and I know I will be tottering out to the pasture to check on animals and lifting feed buckets if DH isnt around to take care of it. Im just really really funny about how my animals are taken care of, and teenage boys think 2-3 day old water in August heat is perfectly fine, as long as there is water there. Not me, fresh water everyday! The timing just sux!

You have unbelievable responsibilities that I can't even imagine. Please let us know what the doctor says and what you decide. Say hi to the animals for me!

Kellie that ordeal in the nail salon sounds like a true nightmare! So sorry you had to go through that. As for the animal care, I wonder if you can give your boys some extra incentive to help while you're out of commission? I'm sure they know how important their care is to you and letting them know you need to trust them on this and that dad will check up on them, and knowing you will give them an extra "reward" for following through just might do the trick?? Just tryin' to think of possible ideas.... Good luck to you!

No longer do I have to lean on the bannister to get downstairs! I can even go down without using the bannister at all!