Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

I'll admit to being less than brilliant. A lot of posts in other places on the forum refer to NSV. What is NSV?

I've lost more than half of what my doctor said was a realistic goal. I guess I should establish a better goal and surprise my doctor!

NSV = non-sleeve victory. Whatever that means.

dogmom- where did you get cheese filled meatballs?

I started out walking 1 block, and I'm up to 5 blocks (haven't calculated distance). Usually once a day.

Sheila - I've lost 23 pounds total with preop, and my surgeon thought it was great.

I made them Joni....I just followed a recipe from Allrecipes.com and them stuck a cube of mozzerella cheese in the middle and then baked them. They were wonderful!

I'll have to check that recipe out! Thanks.

Not to correct but NSV=non scale victory, such as smaller size clothes, inches lost, etc.

Today is day 3 in HI, it's paradise for sure but I'm having he!! Eating right, I have to get over this fear of vomiting or ripping staples & leaks! We bout groceries the first day but my dr wants me to consume calories every 2 hours! I got some small lunch ables with cracker, meat & cheese. 13g Protein. Took all day long yest at 2 pieces at a time but I got it in. We have a small cooler & I just stuck in zip bag & put in the cooler for 2 more hours then repeat the process. No probs on fluids packed plenty Water & Powerade in cooler. Got my 1st weird look at bubba gump when I asked to order 1 shrimp & veggie grilled skewer. She refused so I pd $20 bucks for 2 shrimp & one bite grilled zucchini.

Oh yeah, forgot to say. I have no idea how many miles I walked yest but it was a looooong way so no probs on exercise! I was so tired last night I barely made it to bed!

LOL - thanks Kellie your definition actually makes more sense too!! Now i get it! Have a great vacation - sounds like you're managing just fine!

Kellie, Your vacation sounds great to me, but I can understand the challenges. You certainly jumped right into life again after the surgery. I admire your spirit.

A good friend of mine told me about a recipe he makes for his family called no carb chicken pesto pizza. He takes canned chunk chicken and mashes it down into a crust in a skillet. uses olive oil spray and browns both sides in pan. Put it on pizza pan and spreads pesto as a sauce (instead of pizza sauce), and mozzarella cheese. I guess you can go with your own variations of sauce and toppings if you stick with low carb. I plan on trying it when I can eat more solid types of food. Also found a recipe that includes ground chicken and buffalo sauce to make buffalo meatballs. These are all Protein and zero carbs! Gee can you tell I am craving solid foods. My question for today is: I get the hiccoughs after I'm done eating. Are any of you getting them?

I have gotten hiccups a couple times & I have to say, they weren't comfortable! This will sound weird, but they were like hard hiccups or big hiccups. Jerk my body hiccups. Loud too. So embarrassing! Lol

Sorry, I can't be of any help. Fortunately, I haven't had hiccups yet.

so weird...I get hiccups too :blink:

No hiccups here and keeping fingers crossed!

I asked a dietitian today how many calories, carbs, sugar, and fat I should be shooting for at this point. She told me to aim for no more than 1000 calories (I don't even come close to that), 70 gms of Protein, <33 gms of fat (30% of calories), and they don't give sugar and carb counts (huh?) but to have no added sugar, so avoid food with added sugar in the ingredients. If it is on the ingredients than it is added sugar and should be avoided. And to avoid rice, bread, Pasta, and crackers. And to continue to make sure to take in 64 oz of fluids/day. Anyone else get advice like this?

Joni, That is exactly what my nutritionist is saying. I have a final class with the nutritionist tomorrow and will find out what is recommended for the rest of my life.

I was told pretty much the same thing except for the avoiding of anything. They said that unless I like my rice overcooked and squishy (which I don't) then that may be something I wouldn't want to reintroduce for several months since it will expand in my sleeve. The Pasta I like overcooked, always have so no problems with that. The crackers I have already been cleared on and the breads need to be low moisture (pita, flatbread, etc). My surgeon and NUT both are pretty adamant that nothing is off limits.

The more I read the posts throughout this site, it's amazing the difference of opinions and/or techniques with each surgeon and NUT. It would seem like everyone should be doing the same thing since we all have the same surgery. Even some of the pre-op & post op testing is so different between surgeons too.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am off for 4 days and very thankful for that :)