Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done 3/26 but since then I have been dealing with withdrawals. I have never had an anger problem but find myself getting mad over the fact I can't eat what everybody else eat. I'm glad I had this procedure done but watching people eat fried foods and sweets works my nerves. Have anyone else experienced this?

to me it would be like smoking a cigarette for me. The ONLY reason why I quit smoking was for this surgery. I enjoy smoking and when I saw someone else doing it I would get SOO jealous and my mod would totally change for the first few months. Now I am fine but it took those first few months of frustration to get over it. BTW. we had our fun ... years of eating fried food and sugar laden sweets. we knew that train ws going to have to end. GOOD LUCK

I so!!!!! Understand your pain I was so angry the first few months watching my family, friends, co workers and strangers eat whatever they wanted pissed me off I cried everyday I kept saying why did I do this and being Jamaican it didn't help no more of that food either but over time I got better I still get angry sometimes but not as much just take it one day at a time it will get better :)

A couple of years ago I did a fasting diet. It was another one of a long line of successful weight-loss ventures that I later yo-yoed back up on again :)

Anyway, I never in my life really felt lonely. Never, Understand what it means, hear it in all the songs and all that but never felt it before. Anyway, I was fasting on vegetable juice (@ 700 cals per day) and four weeks in I would get really f'd up w/ emotion. I'd be wanting to call people and say god knows what! lol. glad I didn't. I'd never live it down :) It was screwy, bc I don't really get like that and it was totally messing up my head. I am preop now, but i know whats waiting for me on the other side. It's the withdrawal, T. You gotta suck it up and not slug anyone.

I'm not gonna tell you 'you can do it' bc like it or not your gonna have to.

Anyway, be strong, and please be there to talk some sense at me when I'm where you are in 2 months time. :)

To be honest seeing others pig out doesn't bother me. I had a talk with myself when on my preop diet. I had to learn that this food addiction is mine to deal with. I've choose to deal with it via vsg. If it makes you feel better, soon you will be able to eat normal foods, but just in way smaller portions.

Thanks Feszyk and Chitowngirl this is a small hurdle I'm gonna have to climb. I'm not gonna result to violence or anything like that I will just have to remain positive.

Tmoss,

I'm praying for you. I hope this goes away or gets better for you!

I have a Short fuse too. I take out my aggression in the gym. Plus you have to remember that the surgery is just a tool. When I accepted that it was not a magic bullet my attitude changed. Mind over matter. I have others eating fried junk, sweets, fast food in front of me and it doesn't bother me one bit because I now look at those poor food choices as the poison that got me fat in the first place. Plus I never threw out my old clothes. I kept saying to myself I'm going to fit back in those pimp daddy jeans and shirts again one day. It's a huge motivator when your leaner and healthier. I'm down almost 50lbs in less than 6 weeks. No food craving is equal to feeling this good.

Good luck and stay focused! ; )

I think your post proves that men have "hormonal" issues after VSG just like us ladies do. As we lose weight, the fat cells release all the hormones they've been storing for us. For ladies, this seems to result in increased libido and (b)itchiness. For guys, this may result in increased aggression. I think the solution is the same for both sexes, you just have to sweat it out.

Things that I could take in stride pre-op have a tendency to irritate me now. I do often find myself looking at what others are eating and thinking "Wow! How can they eat that much?" but it's not in an admiring way. It's more like disgust that anyone could/would put that much food in their body at one time. It's twice as bad when the person eating that way is heavy. I know that's not kind or charitable, but that's what I think. Now, I'd never say anything to them, but that's because I realize that it's hypocritical, since I used to eat that way too.

Good luck to us all!!!

Find some skinny middle school girls that don't eat to hang out with. Ha, ha just kidding. I love that commercial. I think we all go through this to some extent and something we have to deal with. We can't eat junk like that because it was killing us. Good luck. You can do it.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I got sleeved on 4/11/12 so I'm only a week and a half out, but I've already had some feelings of regret and a little anger. Not so much at others but at myself. I was asking myself why did I do this to myself, how did I let it get so far that I had to resort to surgery, etc...

I have dealt with these issues in the past, and in my mind I know that this is temporary. In time I will be eating normal (nutritious) food again, just in smaller quantities. Thats the rational side of me. The irrational side is the one that starts all the trouble. I guess it's just a matter of keeping everything in perspective.

And I'm not going to lie, on very rare occasions, I plan to eat something really yummy and not good for me, just in a very small portion...