Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just A Few Questions About What To Take

Jn, I was thinking about an extension cord with a few pkugins on the end, glad you said it worked. :)

I dont want to get carried away packing for ever situation my crazy mind can come up with.

I was wondering if there were laundry facilities at the hotel lucerna?

I'm not sure if there was a laundry facilites at the hotel.While i was at the hospital i used there gowns to save room in my bags i just wore there gown and a pair of yoga capris. I'm sure they would give u to gowns if you asked so your back would not be showing..They had a surge protector in the hospital room so there was room for a few plugs in but i had bought a like 3 or 4 foot cord so that way i could use my phone or nook from the bed or recliner if i had to. Also it would be great for the heating pad if u needed to use it.

Totally forgot to mention the clothes thing: I wore a set of clothes to the hospital (duh), packed a set of yoga pants (even though 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear - hurt too much to wear, just didn't get used), one set of HUGE pjs (for when I wanted to wander around and not have on a semi see-thru hospital gown) and clothes to go home in. Since I brought my husband with me, we shared one piece of luggage, which I made him carry (lololol....ahem), and he had his laptop bag for his techno junk. Just used hospital gowns while I was there, no need to lug extra that may or may not be used. Also: agree with others about not worrying too much about bringing Protein, etc. Gatorade and the like can be purchased pretty much anywhere, and those first few days post-op, your main focus is getting down those fluids, which is tough enough on it's own. Walk sip walk sip walk sip. GasX, Crystal Lite powder packs and bullion cubes/etc are about all you need. Even then, you new tummy may reject things you bring - if that happens, don't be bummed. My new equipment (I call him Cthulu...because he's an evil tyrant >.< ) has decided that it doesn't like plain Water at any temp, or the majority of crystal lite flavors. Post-op, you just have to go with what your tummy will accept, and it's tough to anticipate in advance.

Sorry to ramble - sounds like you're off to a great start with your packing!

Thank you so much for your wealth of knowlwdge! I would be so lost without the help from great people Like all of you! So, I was hoping that the outfit I came in would also double for the going home outfit. I was going to wear my yoga capris and matching shirt. I think I will get another set in a bigger size, just for added comfort. I will throw in a pr of Jammie pants, and a nighty for the hotel, and a sundress,and call it good. What do you y'all think?

I was hoping to wear yoga capris with a loose t-shirt, for the trip there & back.

Then will just take a couple of extra tops, a nightgown & think that is it!

Well for clothes anyway!

Thank you ladies! I will throw a box of crystal light in' date=' and the heating pad is on the list! Im going to be making up a surgery basket for my aunt and cousin, so c.l., chapstick, gasex strips, and a heating pad will be in there. Since we will have two rooms between us and I think I will be the only one bringing any tech devices besidrs a phone, I may throw in a power cord. Did any of you pack a bigger bag than a carry on? With 5 days there, plus all of our extra goodies, I cant imagine it all fitting! I will try a test run! Lol[/quote']

Can u make me a surgery basket?? Pretty please? LOL J/K!! Sounds like good stuff to bring....I haven't thought about what to bring in the slightest, I'm a slacker :-/

lol

I'll be a last minute packer... At least i'll have an idea of what i should have packed. This forum just might get me in gear and help me plan and pre-pack. I wish my surgery was tomorrow. I am so excited!

I bought this lunch crock pot warmer to keep my broths warm at home and at the hotel http://www.target.com/p/Crock-Pot-Black-Lunch-Crock/-/A-14024604#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton they have them at a lot of stores and online. I know they give us broth at the hotel but many people say that after surgery they cannot drink it fast enough and it gets cold. I find it to be very small and fits great in my luggage. Like many of you I am only planning on bringing gas-x, heating pad, ipad (and phone) with cables, I might trow in the extension cord that sounds like a great idea!, the clothes I am wearing there (and because my coordinator is taking me out I will probably take some other loose dress to wear), and either one of those snuggies or something similar. I will take a few Crystal light packages, travel size, tooth brush, paste, hair Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, deodorant. My meds and gummy vitamins, fluffy socks LOL and a body pillow that has a carrying handle that my daugther gave me. It sounds like a lot of stuff but it all fits into a small carry on bag! (except for the pillow but I can take it with me in my lap)