Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's not just you. I have been Pigging out and using the surgery as the excuse to do so. And it's too the point where I am literally sick on the stomach. I know that I need to stop because it's going to be murder on me when I start that two week pre op diet but I can't help myself.

I know this sounds bad but I'm glad that I'm not the only one....

Start my pre op diet on may 8th and I am not mentally prepared for it but I need it to get here faster.

It's not just you. I have been Pigging out and using the surgery as the excuse to do so. And it's too the point where I am literally sick on the stomach. I know that I need to stop because it's going to be murder on me when I start that two week pre op diet but I can't help myself.

I know this sounds bad but I'm glad that I'm not the only one....

Start my pre op diet on may 8th and I am not mentally prepared for it but I need it to get here faster.

I have found the closer I get to the preop diet the worse I get. I originally lost 5lbs at first because I was like I need to eat healthy but then I went into mourning lol. I have gained 2 lbs so I don't know.

I am having the same food funeral but like DDFin I feel that eventually I will be able to eat what I like with moderation. So right now I am trying not to overeat but I an definitely eating what I want. I lost three pounds this week and I am not even trying, what I have changed is that I am trying to learn to log what I eat and I ask myself "do I really want that?". I am working very hard at logging my food, that is a real challenge for me. Definitely enjoy yourself!

I am going to enjoy my little funerals definitely. I have to say goodbye to the bad bad stuff somehow lol.

I will be omitting things from my diet after the sleeve. I will not be eating fried foods, bread, ice cream or soda. I will be watching what I eat very carefully. I do not want to slow down my weight loss or not lose all my weight. That scares me that I will stop losing before I am ready. Thats great you are eating what you want and are happy with your sleeve. I want to be happy with mine but I am a little nervous.

It's funny how different everyone's body reacts to this. I've read on here about people who have lost all of their weight without ever watching what they eat. ME?? If I go over 800 calories or get a few too many carbs?? I stall like a Beemer full of diesel!! Dead in the Water. You'll find your happy spot. I'm trying to find a menu that I can mostly just eat the same thing every day and not have to think too hard. I'm almost there too. ;)

I know it so crazy how different everyone reacts. I am afraid mine will go into shock and hold on to every ounce of fat I have lol. I know this is not realistic but it would definitely be my luck. :)

I know it so crazy how different everyone reacts. I am afraid mine will go into shock and hold on to every ounce of fat I have lol. I know this is not realistic but it would definitely be my luck. :)

Me too!

I am afraid of that too but I try not to think about it! lol. I am trying really really hard to take this one day at a time, that is super difficult but I hope it keeps me from going insane!

Yeah I think I might start my preop diet early so I can get some control and structure back.

Yeah I am planning on starting mine two weeks (my surgeon only requires 3 days for me) but I think if I start a little earlier it might be easier when I have to drink only liquids. The good thing is that my last day before I start my preop it's my birthday, so I an planning on eating chinese food (my favorite) until I am sick! Lol

I know everyone is different and did the exact same thing before I started my preop diet.... I wish I hadn't ate like such a pig lol!! I am on day 10 of my 16 day diet. For me bc I ate so much I think pre op has been torture!!!! I was up the night before I started my diet eating cake and ice cream!! Im just now doing ok but I wouldn't wish my past wk in anyone!!!

My advice is to start slowing down now on the food intake lol.... Good luck and I hope you have a smooth pre op!!

I know everyone is different and did the exact same thing before I started my preop diet.... I wish I hadn't ate like such a pig lol!! I am on day 10 of my 16 day diet. For me bc I ate so much I think pre op has been torture!!!! I was up the night before I started my diet eating cake and ice cream!! Im just now doing ok but I wouldn't wish my past wk in anyone!!!

My advice is to start slowing down now on the food intake lol.... Good luck and I hope you have a smooth pre op!!

I didnt have a preop diet so I ate everything in sight until 1 day before, after surgery was hell on liquids so maybe the preop is good for getting you in the right mindset, im 2 months out and everything is cool now!

It is official I have eaten everything I can get my hands on but it might be for the best. I am so sick of food that the thought of eating now makes me feel sick. This could be a good start to a preop diet with little food. I do not want to eat anything else I am done. I am miserable and I do not like lol.

BMJ were you still hungry after surgery? I sure hope I am not hungry at all.

Okay, so since my hubby has been home with a bum knee (2 wks) he makes several trips a week to the local mini mart (less than a mile away) and he ALWAYS brings me home a 33Oz diet coke, and usually a hostess cherry pie or a king sz twix! He's killing me!! I told him please, no more! Even if I ask for it! Monday I am 7wks from surgery, and im hell bent to lose 15 pounds before my 3 day pre op diet. Please pray he will stop sabotaging me lol! I ate a big bowl of hamhocks and Beans tonight til I made myself miserable. Good lord help me!

I Dont have my surgery until June15th. I am seriously sick. I find myself eating awful foods and then I get depressed. I am trying so hard to stop.

Okay, so since my hubby has been home with a bum knee (2 wks) he makes several trips a week to the local mini mart (less than a mile away) and he ALWAYS brings me home a 33Oz diet coke, and usually a hostess cherry pie or a king sz twix! He's killing me!! I told him please, no more! Even if I ask for it! Monday I am 7wks from surgery, and im hell bent to lose 15 pounds before my 3 day pre op diet. Please pray he will stop sabotaging me lol! I ate a big bowl of hamhocks and Beans tonight til I made myself miserable. Good lord help me!

I will pray he stops but the beans and hamhocks sounds so good. I love beans. When is your surgery?

I Dont have my surgery until June15th. I am seriously sick. I find myself eating awful foods and then I get depressed. I am trying so hard to stop.

Yeah I would stop if I were you it is not worth it. It causes guilt and physical discomfort as well. Think of the surgery date ahead and shop for that time and things you will be eating or needing before and after surgery.