Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I am new to this site but not new to this process. I first started researching weight loss surgery a couple of years ago and then found myself pregnant with my third child. I put the idea out of my head completely. While breastfeeding that child I gave my all to weight watchers and had the first somewhat significant weight-loss of my life. I went from 355 at the end of my pregnancy to 279. It felt great to have people finally tell me I looked good. I couldn't wait to go places and have people react. Then the holidays hit and I slowly gave up and wound up back to a non-pregnant high of 341. So in the fall after seeing yet another coworker go through surgery and start dropping weight like a bad habit I began to look at surgery again. I was intrigued by the relatively new VSG. The only surgeons in this are that have been doing them had only been doing them for a little over a year. I liked the idea of a less invasive procedure because I had a complication of sinus surgery in 2002 where I would not stop bleeding. Since then I have had my GB out with no problems so I do believe it was a surgical anomaly. Anyway, I went to Dr. M's seminar in October and then had my appointment with him the next week. I need to do 6 months of physician monitored weight loss and so far have lost very little. I have one appointment left but I have put myself on the shakes diet with a lean cuisine or small dinner. This is a killer right now. But it will all be worth it in the end. Hoping for a surgery date in May. And really trying to make it to a beach a cation the last week of June. Anyway, I am so grateful to this site and seeing real people go through this. The local support groups are mostly bands and RNY so it is nice to have a place where sleeve is the norm. Good luck to you all. Your successes keep me focused.

Spent one hour swimming in the pool today. I swam all through high school and miss it so much. After some of the weight is gone I am going to take an adult lap perfecting class and really get back to being able to call myself a swimmer. Anyway, today I managed 40 laps in 45 minutes with 15 minutes of Water walking in the end. 40 laps used to be a good warm up and cool down for the real training in the old days. Ha! When I got out today it felt like someone was making me walk around in a lead suit. it took several minutes to be able to stand all the way up. That was an eye opener. I walk around with a heavy lead suit all the time. No wonder there are days where I don't want to get out of bed or go down the drive to check the mail.

HI! I looked into having the lapband about 18 months ago. During my consultation/seminar they mentioned all of the different procedures and when the began to describe the sleeve, it was like a light bulb went on and none of the other choices made any sense to me. That's when my sleeve journey began! I ended up not being covered by insurance and was a self pay. I am 1 year out and it's the best investment I've ever made in and for myself! I am sooooooo glad I did it. Your post reminded me of me in the sense that I was always weight challenged, but after having kids I lost complete control and could not figure out how I could not only lose all the weight but maintain it off too! I felt like Weight Watchers and I needed to break up and I needed to find a new relationship with the sleeve.... I'm in love! lol...

Good luck to you and I wish you all the happiness in taking this journey... it's so worth it! Just jump and don't look back!

Wendy

Yes! I need to breakup with WW! We would be at the meetings and most people had 30 pounds to lose and they would talk about dipping your fork in your dressing at lunch and I would think "That's great but how do I stop myself from picking up 20 buffalo wings for lunch on my way home or from ordering the most caloric things on the menu and finishing them no problem?" That is the help I needed!

I have lost 9 pounds so far! I am so excited. On Sunday I was 341 and with a self-imposed liquid diet and working out I have dropped 9 pounds in about 5 days. Gah! praying I can keep this up. My last PCP appointment is next Thursday and I would really like to be 326. If I keep this up I think I can get there.

Welcome! Your going to love us. . . we are a big happy family here and we support each other through thick and thin. . . sometimes we even fight and get krunk with each other. . . that passes like bad gas and then we're all ok again. . . so welcome and keep posting. I'm glad you found us!

Goodbye forever...

340s.

330s.

Hello 320s. You're just passing through though so we don't need to get too aquatinted. I'm really doing it! Last weigh in is still Thursday. I want to be 326. We'll see!

I wanted to put things on my loser list. Here goes:

Wear high heels, cross my legs, have greatly reduced sinus headaches, walk into banana republic or j. Crew and buy something that fits, kneel,at church without my butt needing to rest on the seat, not pee when i cough (this may require surgery but i will never find a surgeon to do it without telling me to lose weight), ride the auquaduck Water coaster on my cruise, have someone not recognize me, try zumba.

The possibilities are endless.

Unfortunately I only lost 8 pounds according to my family doctor over the last 6 months. This is because I yo-yoed so bad all year and I guess when I finally got serious I was heavier than in the beginning. So I am back on the shakes and hoping I can still get approved. They will submit today so in 14 days I should know. Praying hard now!