Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5'0" highest wt 215 starting wt 205 day of surg 194. Now 10 weeks post op 170. I'm feeling better. Goal is 130-135. Slow n steady. Plus I haven't exercised consistently yet.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am also 5'2" and 225lbs. I have a pretty ambitious goal also but we can make it.

Yes, we can! Best of luck to you!

I'm 5'1" and started at 246. I've lost 60 so far. I'd love to be at goal before summer is over.

Yes, we can! Best of luck to you!

To you as well!

I'm 6 day post op of gastric vertical sleeve I have tried going out a couple of times and it seems like I get dizzy and tired pretty quickly. I feel ok when I'm home, maybe because I spend alt of time in bed??? And get up and walk a little here and there. Am I expecting too much to quickly or does this seem a bit normal?

I tend to do this too, especially when I'm not taking in enough fluids. You might try upping your fluids right before you go out. You are still early out too. I'm 14 days out and the same thing happened to me yesterday.

I tend to do this too' date=' especially when I'm not taking in enough fluids. You might try upping your fluids right before you go out. You are still early out too. I'm 14 days out and the same thing happened to me yesterday.[/quote']

Ok thanks

I'm 5'3" (used to be 5'4" before I hit 55 yrs young), currently 235 #, surgery goal 225#. The process is going crazy fast @ Kaiser Richmond, CA. Saw surgeon for first time today. 5# more and I'm to going for psch eval , then case mgr for surgery date + labs. wow.

I'm 5'1" and had surgery at 242 (highest weight somewhere around 280) and now happily and very easily maintain between 133-137 pounds.

During the losing phase I fluctuated between feeling like my goal (135) was unattainable and feeling like I should really get down into the 120s. After plastics, I should be right in the 120s (I have a lot of loose skin) so I'm happy here and don't want to lose much more, BMI chart be damned!

~Cheri

Cheri how long did it take you to lose what you lost? That's is great that u are pretty much at goal!!! Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm 5'1" and had surgery at 242 (highest weight somewhere around 280) and now happily and very easily maintain between 133-137 pounds.

During the losing phase I fluctuated between feeling like my goal (135) was unattainable and feeling like I should really get down into the 120s. After plastics, I should be right in the 120s (I have a lot of loose skin) so I'm happy here and don't want to lose much more, BMI chart be damned!

~Cheri

I would probably need a Tummy Tuck and I guess a panniculectomy, but it frightens the heck out of me. I wonder if my skin hangs low enough it would be covered by insurance.

Cheri, you and I basically have the same stats. I am 5'1" and had surgery at 246. I am shooting for 130 pounds. If you don't mind me asking ... How bad is it really? The loose skin I mean. I don't care about my arms. My boobs are like Water balloons and they'll mold into whatever shape I want them to. What I am concerned with is the skin below the navel.

It's funny because abdominal surgery doesn't phase me in the least. Plastics freak me out.

~Cheri

Yes, I'd also love to know how long that took you. Thanks so much for posting, because even with a great initial weight loss, I can't help but having this niggling feeling that my weight loss will suddenly stop or slow down to a trickle. So every success story I read really spurs me on!

It's funny because abdominal surgery doesn't phase me in the least. Plastics freak me out.

No, I GET this! The laparoscopy was nothing but plastics are really gross surgeries that cost a small fortune and leave hideous scars...after a long, uncomfortable recovery period! I was so sure going in that I would never have plastics done but the reality that for me, it's definitely necessary.

For me the skin is very bad. I had an apron after my first pregnancy (gained 97 pounds) and then I had twins in 2007 (only gained 60-something pounds) leaving me around 280 pounds after delivery. My stomach was a roadmap before I had them but they stretched me out to the max, leaving me with a deflated blob of skin instead of a stomach. My issue is not just navel down - my loose skin starts at my bra line! This goes down into an apron that still has some fat masses that are terribly stubborn and not budging. My apron hangs down to my pubic area. In addition to being just plain unattractive it causes some serious discomfort in the hot months. It also flops around when I exercise...very uncool.

My arms are okay. If I'd get off my lazy rear and exercise they could even look good, I think. My boobs make me sad but I could live with them. But they're such pathetic, deflated puppies that I will probably have them lifted and augmented once I do surgery. The thighs are my other issue. It's like the skin from my groin to my knees melted. My thighs are wiggly, jiggly and saggy, and honestly are the biggest body insecurity I have right now (when dressed). Now a lot of this is just me because nobody else seems to think my legs are bad but then, the only person that sees me naked is my husband! I must wear hose anytime I wear a skirt or dress.

But the good news is that with Shapewear I look like a normal person. In my clothes, you'd never realize that I've got a good ten pounds of skin hanging about my midsection. I've found sexy undergarments that I actually don't mind wearing and I find that it's really helping me get through this rough patch until I'm back in the states to do plastics.

You might have a different outcome - a lot of skin rebound is genetics. And remember that I've had twins. But yeah...it's pretty bad. If I lean over the skin hangs almost a foot from my body.

~Cheri

Cheri how long did it take you to lose what you lost?

Yes, I'd also love to know how long that took you.

You guys won't like my answer!

It took me SEVENTEEN months to reach goal. Granted, it took me six long months to drop the last twenty.

I was a slower loser from the start. I'm insulin resistant (was diabetic, but no longer!) and have endometriosis (some say it's harder to lose weight with endo). I lost in fits and starts the whole time. I averaged 6 pounds per month but had two nine week stalls in there, too.

I advocate eating normally, regardless of how slowly you'll lose. Normally does not mean I don't eat sensibly. I still eat higher Protein and lower carb but I am not on a diet and I do not restrict myself from eating things I want to eat. I think that part of why maintenance has been incredibly easy for me is because I dealt with my food issues prior to reaching goal. I didn't hit goal, try to reincorporate carbs and wind up facing an eating problem...which can and does happen to some folks.

In any case, yep, that's the story. Seventeen months. I wouldn't change a bit of it. Trust me, goal is fantastic, completely awesome and very rewarding...and not once do I look back and regret that I didn't make it in a shorter period of time.

Your body will lose at it's own pace. Just keep doing the right things, put the scale away when it freaks you out and don't give up.

~Cheri

You guys won't like my answer!

It took me SEVENTEEN months to reach goal. Granted, it took me six long months to drop the last twenty.

I was a slower loser from the start. I'm insulin resistant (was diabetic, but no longer!) and have endometriosis (some say it's harder to lose weight with endo). I lost in fits and starts the whole time. I averaged 6 pounds per month but had two nine week stalls in there, too.

I advocate eating normally, regardless of how slowly you'll lose. Normally does not mean I don't eat sensibly. I still eat higher Protein and lower carb but I am not on a diet and I do not restrict myself from eating things I want to eat. I think that part of why maintenance has been incredibly easy for me is because I dealt with my food issues prior to reaching goal. I didn't hit goal, try to reincorporate carbs and wind up facing an eating problem...which can and does happen to some folks.

In any case, yep, that's the story. Seventeen months. I wouldn't change a bit of it. Trust me, goal is fantastic, completely awesome and very rewarding...and not once do I look back and regret that I didn't make it in a shorter period of time.

Your body will lose at it's own pace. Just keep doing the right things, put the scale away when it freaks you out and don't give up.

~Cheri

You're right - I don't like your answer :-) But the truth is that I know that I would NEVER reach the weight you've reached through regular dieting, so reaching goal after 17 months is still a lot better than never. I do hope that I'll get to size 14 without TOO much difficulty - it's what happens after that that I have real difficulty imagining. (The last time I was below that size was when I was in my teens...) So I will remember your story and use it to stay optimistic that even if the weight doesn't come off as fast as I would like, it will come off eventually.