Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months Today And I've Lost 62 Pounds

I was sleaved on 12/12/11 and I weighed 261. Today the scale said 199. I'm doing great, but I have noticed my hair is falling out. Any tips?

Are you taking Biotin? If not, start now. It won't stop the falling out, but it will help with new hair growth. As a bonus, your nails will get stronger too. Also, make sure you are hitting your Protein goal every day. That will help to slow down the Hair loss, as well as encourage new growth.

I'm trying to grow my hair a bit longer, kind of stupid right after WLS, but that's how I roll! LOL I just had mine cut into a bob so that it won't look so thin and straggly as it grows out. My hairdresser said that the hair loss is improving.

Congrats on making it to Onederland!

Ditto on everything Lissa said, except I'm cutting my hair instead of trying to grow it out. It was falling out really badly, but has since slowed down. I keep it short because it looks thicker.

Good luck!

Awesome weight loss! Congrats!

I cut my hair into a graduated bob before surgery in hopes that the loss wouldn't be as noticeable when it happened. I had already thinned badly from another surgery I had about 6 months prior, and I can't really bear the thought of losing much more, because I'll start looking like I have a real issue. Maybe when I get closer to goal I can get a cute pixie cut for summer! I've never had hair shorter than shoulders because of the fat face thing...

Maybe when I get closer to goal I can get a cute pixie cut for summer! I've never had hair shorter than shoulders because of the fat face thing...

I was thinking the same thing! More towards the end of summer though - I have a wedding to go to at the beginning of June where I have to see an old flame - He's never seen me with long dark hair since I'm usually a beach blonde with a shoulder length cut. I'm kinda going for the wow factor but I definitely want to chop it all off when I get back ;-)

I cut my hair into a cute bob as well right after my surgery I'm losing a handful of hair a day. Its been falling out for a month so I hope it calms down soon, I am doing a round of zinc, thAts what my nut told me to try.

My grey is bad though but I'm so afraid to color it, i don't wanna tick it off.

You are scaring me. I one month behind you. Before I heard that 3 months was the hair falling stage. Now I'm starting to hear 4 months. Crud.

Congratulations on hitting Onederland!

Thanks everyone. I hear that people with thick hair, seem to notice it the most, and I do have thick hair, but I have to admit, I'm scared to lose it. I guess I never saw anyone post that they went bald from having the sleeve. So I guess we just sit back and let it weed itself out. lol Again, thanks everyone, and remember, bald is beautiful.

My grey is bad though but I'm so afraid to color it, i don't wanna tick it off.

My grey is right in the front and looks really cool so I highlight my hair and then the grey just blends in :)

Congrats on the weight loss!

Fluffy Libra, Coloring your hair won't tick it off. :) You'll just lose pretty colored hair instead of gray hair! Ask me how I know! :)

Oh great! I read stuff to that effect but I was still worried. I think I'll brave it out till closer to vacation. :-)