Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months Today And Not Happy!

I know it is frustrating when that pesky scales doesn't move very quickly... believe me I am the Queen of Slow...lol! I am 20+mths out and still not at goal... do I want to be there... hell yea! Am I getting stressed about it... not any more.

I am fitter and healthier now than I have been for the best part of 20years. My point? Don't just measure your success by numbers. Look at other factors too... think about how your clothes are fittng; how you are working out more and making improvements to your overall strength and fitness level; how you are looking; how you are feeling.

These things, to me, are now more important than numbers.

Don't get me wrong, the slow route can sometimes be painful and annoying... especially if you start to compare yourself to others, which I did and I did it often. This was a bad move for me as I got to a dark place and I convinced myself that I was doing something wrong or that I wasn't good enough. I set loads of personal goals and didn't make many of them.

I stopped all that nonsense and started to compare myself just to ME! That was a real eye-opener. I then realised that I was a success, that I was doing things right and that my body will do what the hell it wants to when it wants to regardless of how I fuel it.

Now, that didn't give me license to go mad with sugar and sweets; I just do what I can, eat good wholesome food and wait for my body to realise that it is healthy and to release some more fat.

That is my logical side, which I see most days now - yesterday however, I was a raging rat bad who was full of hormones and agnst...lol!!

Keep doing what you are doing... you will see results and believe me they are worth the wait. Remember the scenic route is the most beautiful way to go... =]

Well said Coop!!!!! We need to look at the glass as half full instead of half empty, as long as you are losing .2 onces, 1 lb per week whatever, then you are closer to your goal.

Ladies, I think that yall are very lucky! Remember, you don't want to loose weight too quickly because you don't want to loose muscle and hair:

I think yall are really lucky that it is not coming off too quickly! It will make you look better in the long run! That is how I would like to loose it..not too quickly!

Thanks y'all, everyone one you have wonderful positive comments! I will just try to be patient, which by the way is not one of my best qualities!

I'm a slow loser too. But you know what, its coming off. I've had no problems either, so at least I have that going for me. I'm at 6.5 months and down 50 pounds. One thing I've found is that it really helps to walk. I'm a total slacker about exercise, but when I do exercise, I almost always drop a pound or two. Might be something to evaluate.

Hang in there. Don't beat yourself up, because you definitely aren't alone!

Too fast means loose skin too!

By the way I just need to say this some where and since I am typing right now! I hate lunges and squats! LOL

Loosing slow is such a bummer but as heavy as I was, I'll take any loosing! I started out dropping relatively fast but it's slowed for sure.

What was your initial post-op diet like? The surgeons are all so different but mine has us on Clear liquids for a full week, then a week of full liquids and then two weeks of mushies. I skipped the carb-based things I could have had in full liquids and mushies (cream of wheat, oatmeal) because I figured why pack in the calories. My surgeon is also doesn't recommend Protein supplementing. I always get "the look" if I admit that I use Protein shakes as Meal Replacements sometimes (mostly Breakfast on work days).

I had the third week stall too but it also coincided with the stall I get every month before my period. I stall for almost a week but I drop 2-4lbs a day or two into my period. Bizarre!

I feel your pain. I'm a slow loser too. I started out with a lower BMI which does make a difference. How BMI points have you lost? Are you clothes looser? What percentage of your excess weight have you lost? There's a silver lining. We just have to find it

Who was your surgeon? Just curious.

You are all doing great, slow weight loss is still a loss. Just think, you wont have as much saggy skin! I am down 50 lbs since the first of the year, 35 since surgery ( 2 months ago) and I already have some saggy skin on my arms and inner thighs. Sure , I am happy I am losing but I HATE the saggy skin, it drives me crazy. How about adding some calories or changing up the workout routine, sometimes confusing the body kicks it back into gear. Whatever you do, dont be hard on yourselves. Best wishes to you! :D

I lost 20 lbs really fast, and since then have slowed dramatically. I have a hard time getting in the calories (no appetite), and I know that my body has gone into "starvation mode", and is hanging on to the fat right now. I'm also 3 weeks post-op and have hit my first stall. However, I really like the idea of losing slowly because I shouldn't have as much saggy skin, and I am a little bit worried about possible Hair loss. My NUT said that in order to lose weight, I have to eat more (which sounds weird, but I know it's true). So I am basically forcing myself to eat more often to try and increase my calories. Just like the story of the tortoise and the hare . . . slow and sure wins every time!

I know at times it frustating my doctor said that the sleeve is like a roll a coaster ride for some in the begining but given time and following diet it works I to am on 800 calories meats and veg only and of course the shakes which i did get Body Fortress from Walmart cause of the diabets it has the lowest sugars i could find three months out lost 60 and no longer on insulin or any diabetis meds

I know that everyone is correct about losing slow will minimize the loose skin issue and I can truly say that I do not have any loose skin, yeah!! I just wish that I could see the numbers change on the scale too, thanks all for the encouraging words, best to all of you!

I am a slow looser too and I think you got to change things up. What you are doing is not working, you should be loosing more. So I believe if something is not working change it up a bit don't stick to it. Add calories, lower calories, add carbs, lower carbs, add Protein, lower exercise, add exercise, add more Water, don't eat after 7pm etc until you find the right combination. For some it comes really easy, for others you got to work at it and try to find the right combination for your body. If you continue the same way you will get the same results, by changing things, you might get different results. Good luck its frustrating but you will get there.

I will be a month out tomorrow. My issue, I'm soooo hungry! Seems like even when I have a small meal, I never get full. Do you have this problem? I did lose the first 3 weeks but actually gained a pound this week. So disheartening. I did a lot of pre op research & from what I gathered, hunger would not be an issue. I'm curious if I'm actually going to have to diet after this surgery or this will subside. I've read conflicting information. If I was going to have to count calories & contend with constant hunger I could've saved myself $15k. Praying things change. I need positive results!!