Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Saturday - Sunday Discussion

In light of Easter weekend I wanna know... How will you spend your weekend?

This morning I took my nephew and son to an Easter egg hunt and then the park. This afternoon after a short nap my son and I played outside while my nephew helped my dad fix the fence, and then the boys and I went to a family fun festival in the city where we live.

Tomorrow were headed to the falls to spend the day swimming and hanging out with friends, and afterwards we'll head to my moms house for Easter dinner.< /p>

Anyone else have any fun plans this weekend?

So sorry, Ready! I will praying for you to feel better soon.

I have a 4-day weekend, it's pretty sweet. We went to my fiance's grandparents' for a family gathering today. Tomorrow, we're going to see a puppet show. Other than that, a run here and there and just hanging out.

i went to church, then my friends wanted to go to steak n shake n i was like RED FLAG RED FLAG ... so i couldnt say no since i didnt drive my way to chruch.. so i had to go with them.. pressuring me to order soemthing i ordered some shooter tht comes with chili cheese fries n onion rings i took two bits of one small steak burger, n it went down i was fine then one bite of onion ring ok no problem then one bite of the chili cheese fries.. i dont know maybe i ate too fast.. but i had to throw up. it felt stuck n i was in pain, n the food was slowly coming up.l i had to excuse my self saying that my mom was calling me n i needed to answer since she didnt know i was in steak n shake.. so i went in the bathroom n let it all out.. after that i went back n they were talkin of how lil i ate.. so i pretended to eat. mixed the food around.. u know but still.. so they were ordering shakes.. i ordered a kids sized butter finger shake.. n i sip like 1 oz n had the same feeling again so i stopped drinking.. i got home n gave the food i bought n shake to my mom.. man i dont think i would ever eat out with my friends AGAIN since they dont know about my sleeve... n tomorrow i have more church n theres going to be food.. i am driving this time so i will take a plate home..

i went to church, then my friends wanted to go to steak n shake n i was like RED FLAG RED FLAG ... so i couldnt say no since i didnt drive my way to chruch.. so i had to go with them.. pressuring me to order soemthing i ordered some shooter tht comes with chili cheese fries n onion rings i took two bits of one small steak burger, n it went down i was fine then one bite of onion ring ok no problem then one bite of the chili cheese fries.. i dont know maybe i ate too fast.. but i had to throw up. it felt stuck n i was in pain, n the food was slowly coming up.l i had to excuse my self saying that my mom was calling me n i needed to answer since she didnt know i was in steak n shake.. so i went in the bathroom n let it all out.. after that i went back n they were talkin of how lil i ate.. so i pretended to eat. mixed the food around.. u know but still.. so they were ordering shakes.. i ordered a kids sized butter finger shake.. n i sip like 1 oz n had the same feeling again so i stopped drinking.. i got home n gave the food i bought n shake to my mom.. man i dont think i would ever eat out with my friends AGAIN since they dont know about my sleeve... n tomorrow i have more church n theres going to be food.. i am driving this time so i will take a plate home..

I am so sorry you had a bad experience! This is tough, because your friends don't know about your sleeve. While you are not asking for advice, we have Steak N Shake here and it is actually a pretty good option, so I thought I would offer some support. Those little burgers are probably not your best choice if you eat the bun. I am over three months out and I order burgers and sandwiches all the time but definitely no bread!

If you go to Steak N Shake again, maybe try the chili and a side of cottage cheese. Or order those little burgers without the bread. You need to stand up for yourself and just say no to ordering foods to please or even fool other people. This is the time to be totally about YOU. You went through a lot to make yourself healthier. You don't have to explain yourself or tell everyone about your surgery, just change the subject if people start talking about your food intake.

Please forgive me if I have over-spoken.

I'll be seeing Titanic 3D with my mom, hubby & 3 babies. It will be my first full on family outing post -op (3/30). I usually have popcorn w/ butter, an icee, pickle & large choc. candy. Tomorrow I'm bringing Water, a to go package of Peanut Butter, a little can of chicken salad, pudding & one of those fruit mash up things you suck on to get the puréed out. I won't eat all of it of course bit I wanted a variety.... It's a 3 hour movie y'all. :)

I am so sorry you had a bad experience! This is tough, because your friends don't know about your sleeve. While you are not asking for advice, we have Steak N shake here and it is actually a pretty good option, so I thought I would offer some support. Those little burgers are probably not your best choice if you eat the bun. I am over three months out and I order burgers and sandwiches all the time but definitely no bread!

If you go to Steak N shake again, maybe try the chili and a side of cottage cheese. Or order those little burgers without the bread. You need to stand up for yourself and just say no to ordering foods to please or even fool other people. This is the time to be totally about YOU. You went through a lot to make yourself healthier. You don't have to explain yourself or tell everyone about your surgery, just change the subject if people start talking about your food intake.

Please forgive me if I have over-spoken.

thanks for ur advice n u r totally right! its so true its been too damn long i just got my sleeve 1 month post op, n 3 days! thanks again for the healthier options.